Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo (23676 Views)

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya / President Buhari Receives Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Gambo In Aso Rock / Biography Of Rear-Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo (New Chief Of Naval Staff) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by naptu2: 4:44am On Jul 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioBW9cU3n4

I’m leaving Navy, better, stronger — Vice Admiral Gambo declares

By Evelyn Usman

The Immediate past Chief of the Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, bowed from the Nigerian Navy, weekend, declaring that he was leaving fulfilled, having attained giant strides in various facets of the Service that made the Nigerian Navy stronger and better than before.

Speaking at the Pulling/Sailing Out Ceremony held at the NNS Quorra parade ground, in Apapa, Lagos . Gambo stated that the Navy made significant improvements in operations, logistics, manpower development and personnel welfare.

In addition, he said great achievements were recorded in anti-Crude Oil Theft, anti-piracy and counterinsurgency operations, as well as fleet renewal and massive infrastructural development among others.

An appraisal of these efforts, according to him, explained the successes attained by the Service, with increasing capacity to project force across the Gulf of Guinea in support of neighbouring countries and international partners.

He appreciated God for a successful Naval career, judging from the fact that some of his professional colleagues according to him , did not have the same opportunity, as they fell along the line of duty while some paid the supreme sacrifice in various campaigns, both at the domestic and international scenes, including ECOMOG, counter-piracy and counter-insurgency operations.

Gambo however , attributed the secrets of the achievements recorded under his watch to teamwork, integrity and professionalism, even as he appreciated former President , Muhamadu Buhari, for finding him worthy of leading the Nigerian Navy, as well as his support and encouragement during his tenure as the CNS.

Gambo, recalled that “Upon my appointment as the CNS about two and a half years ago, I had a vision which is ‘To leverage on all factors of national location, technology, training, teamwork and synergy to re-energise the Nigerian Navy and enhance her as a well-motivated and ready naval force in the discharge of her constitutional mandate and other assigned tasks in fulfilment of national security objectives’. Also derived from this Vision is my Mission, which is “To optimize the deployment of the Nigerian Navy in performance of her constitutional roles and undertaking of assigned tasks while promptly responding with commensurate actions to other emerging national security challenges”. The vision and mission guided us to uphold the strong support and values needed to succeed in our activities and operations.

“As I bow today, permit me to place it on record that our Navy is stronger and better positioned than ever before to discharge its constitutional roles for our national security and economic prosperity. I, therefore, commend the officers, ratings and civilian staff of our dear Service for their loyalty and dedication, which assisted us to achieve so much. I urge all our personnel to remain steadfast in their service to our fatherland for the overall wellbeing of the Nigerian State”

Present at the Pulling/ Sailing Out ceremony were members of his immediate family, present and past Service Chiefs and senior Military officers, captains of industries, traditional rulers and friends from all walks of life.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/im-leaving-navy-better-stronger-vice-admiral-gambo-declares/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by naptu2: 4:45am On Jul 17, 2023

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by naptu2: 4:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Nigerian Navy @NigerianNavy

Pulling/Sailing out ceremony of the immediate past Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral AZ Gambo CFR (Rtd) at Nigerian Navy Ship QUORRA Apapa, Lagos.
#OnwardTogether

https://twitter.com/NigerianNavy/status/1678077807295971330

2 Shares

Photos

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by naptu2: 4:46am On Jul 17, 2023
Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo sailed out aboard NNS Sokoto. (His predecessor, Vice Admiral Ibok Ete Ibas sailed out aboard the official motorboat of the chief of naval staff, NN01).

Nigerian Navy patrol boats are named after towns, e.g. NNS Andoni, NNS Karaduwa, NNS Ibeno, NNS Badagry, etc.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by incandescentena: 5:20am On Jul 17, 2023
Under your watch Tompolo have accused the Navy of being of responsible for the oil theft going on in the oil region, still unabated.

Well Wish you all the best with the money you have taken as your share from the National cake.

I hope a bigot doesn't detail the pulling out ceremony here.. grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by naptu2: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2023
The band was playing 🎵I remember when I was a soldier🎶 as the boat sailed away.
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Unperturbedpota: 5:26am On Jul 17, 2023
The North really dominated Nigeria for so long .

This is why I don't have problems with Yoruba wanting to do the same and no one should have issues when ibos do theirs and when we in Niger delta do ours. This nation is divided there is no propaganda that can cover it.

Until we either descend into civil war or we get a politician brave enough to change things by destroying all the old cabals

Unfortunately from what I can see Tinubu doesn't seem to be that person. Or I could be wrong Tinubu may turn around to do the right thing.

But either way Nigeria can't work any more it's crippled and hobbling along on broken limbs

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Unperturbedpota: 5:26am On Jul 17, 2023
naptu2:
The band was playing 🎵I remember when I was a soldier🎶 as the boat sailed away.

Nice thread sha
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by helinues: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2023
Nice
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Hisbah(f): 5:28am On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Racoon(m): 5:28am On Jul 17, 2023
Congratulations Rear Admiral Gambo. Happy retirement from the Navy. Fair winds sir.

3 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Kudman: 5:37am On Jul 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by incandescentena: 5:38am On Jul 17, 2023
Unperturbedpota:
The North really dominated Nigeria for so long .

This is why I don't have problems with Yoruba wanting to do the same and no one should have issues when ibos do theirs and when we in Niger delta do ours. This nation is divided there is no propaganda that can cover it.

Until we either descend into civil war or we get a politician brave enough to change things by destroying all the old cabals

Unfortunately from what I can see Tinubu doesn't seem to be that person. Or I could be wrong Tinubu may turn around to do the right thing.

But either way Nigeria can't work any more it's crippled and hobbling along on broken limbs

Here we go again......Imp this is no thread to whine about ''dominance''

I knew a bigot like you will surface somehow somewhere in this Thread that has nothing going on than a fvcking pulling/sailing out ceremony parade.

Damnnn you dude!!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by azadus18: 5:42am On Jul 17, 2023
Onward together...God bless the Nigeria Armed forces

2 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Unperturbedpota: 5:44am On Jul 17, 2023
incandescentena:

Here we go again......Imp this is no thread to whine about ''dominance''

I knew a bigot like you will surface somehow somewhere in this Thread that has nothing going on than a fvcking pulling/sailing out ceremony parade.

Damnnn you dude!!

Wow so much bile🤣
Dude are you sure everything is alright with you? Are you on any medication?

2 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Padipadi(m): 6:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Tompolo should v been Niger Delta minister or CNS.
He seems to be serious with his job. In less than 2minths, he has caught criminals the past 4-5 CNS never caught. Is it a case of thief knows how to track thief or what?

5 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by christejames(m): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2023
Congratulations to them cool
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by accordadoga26(f): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2023
One don fly yesterday. Another one dey sail today. Tomorrow one go climb out...

New service chiefs around. Igbos go collect wotowoto
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by money121(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by STEWpid(f): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2023
Chai..

Out of Service.

Baba go go buy Senate form to contest in the next election.

2 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Sijo01(f): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2023
Indeed, nothing last forever

1 Like

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by CJStarz: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2023
My own be say why their wives go dey stand with them in the parade car?

1 Like

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by MS247: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2023
cool

Retirement into pension and Gratituty

Chai... Wake, sleep ,eat and get paid for the rest of your life

1 Like

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Ucloaded01: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2023
Don't know if you have heard, tulumbu is going down as the first president to be drag out of office by his blockus and sent to iragbiji.

Keep the faith OBI is coming, sow you senators and ashebi dresses, the national jolliment that is coming go loud.
#AllEyesOnTheJudiciary

1 Like

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by CCIA: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2023
Chief of Air Staff - Flying out (Helicopter)😎

Chief of Naval Staff - Sailing out (Ship)😎

Chief of Army Staff - Marching out (?? ?? ??) 🤭

Wetin army go use march out? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2023
Beautiful
Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by Theboss001: 9:40am On Jul 17, 2023
they keep celebrating this people and throwing sendforths like there's anything meaningful they ever did thru their time in office.
What chaos did they bring to order successfully
What place did they conquer,
What tactical mission did they execute with success?

5 Likes

Re: Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo by juman(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2023
CJStarz:
My own be say why their wives go dey stand with them in the parade car?

Everlasting memory on her.
If she misbehave at home sometimes, the husband need to just remind her how he asked her to be in the parade car with him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Operational Apparatus In The South Western Nigeria / General Abubakar Tanko Ayuba Is Dead / Yemi Ogunbiyi's 70th Birthday: Wole Soyinka, Rotimi Amaechi, Others Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.