Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon (46783 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by PaulH07: 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by 2023Blessed: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:
I need a FG job now o!
God will not allow you get, until you repent.
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by jimb(m): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2023
person wey post this thung na mugu sef
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by grandstar(m): 12:25am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:
It is all very well, but...where would they find the money.

It is not like we are earning enough, or that most states have the cash to pay for it. Yes, even if we 'cut government spending and fight corruption'. Our earnings from oil are not good enough, the price of oil won't hit 100 dollars (and now that subsidy has gone, oil at 100 and above per barrel means high prices for fuel reaching N800-1000 per liter...scary man), and we ain't earning much from taxes. (Buhari managed to raise tax to gdp from 5.8% to 10%, but still...lower than most African countries, Ghana is at 24%, and Ghana is on life support at IMF General Mediclinic).

I see another loan coming up to pay for the thing. Which on top of our loan servicing...is not good. And high salaries can lead to inflation, also not good.

I doubt Tinubu is the kind of president that can be pushed around. NLC seems a bit too quiet.

I pray the minimum wage isn't increased to anything above 40k. Anything above may be too much of a strain for the FG and more especially for the states to bear.

It makes no sense when the savings from the fuel subsidy removal are now squandered on salaries.for unproductive government workers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by israelmao(m): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2023
It's only realistic in theory but not in practice.
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by dikings(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2023
YEYE... And Immediately the borrowings increases... LOBATAN
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2023
2023Blessed:
God will not allow you get, until you repent.

Ah! grin

Actually i don't necessarily need FG job to be comfortable and live adequately well!

And your repentance will mean accepting Jesus as Lord and savior right?

I wonder how many people Jesus told to accept him as Lord and savior!
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The question isn't about minimum wage but of price of things. Prices determine buying power of the money.

If the govt exercises the power to print money and decide to introduce it into the system by paying workers N200k, the businessmen who produce and import what that money ends up buying will adjust because nothing stops them for setting high prices. At the end, the worker will discover his 200k can't buy what 30k could before the minimum wage increase.

The only solution to our problem is production of goods and not of money. Money is gradually failing but many can't see it.

Nothing go ever please una! U say na production of goods go help? The local rice wey una Dey produce, for instance, did it help? Instead it’s price skyrocketed as well.

Person wan increase minimum wage to 200k una still Dey complain. If they refuse to increase it while inflation persists, would you arrest them?

Try to appreciate once in awhile
As for me, I don’t trust Nigerian businessmen. The way they skyrocket prices is out of this world
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by CodeTemplar: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Olalekanbanky1:

Nothing go ever please una! U say na production of goods go help? The local rice wey una Dey produce, for instance, did it help? Instead it’s price skyrocketed as well.

Person wan increase minimum wage to 200k una still Dey complain. If they refuse to increase it while inflation persists, would you arrest them?

Try to appreciate once in awhile
As for me, I don’t trust Nigerian businessmen. The way they skyrocket prices is out of this world
You talked trash in the first few paragraphs and exposed your hypocrisy in the last paragraph.

If businessmen inflate prices, what do you think they will do when govt suddenly print more money and pay people previously earning N30k times seven of that. They will increase prices accordingly and with extra in anticipation of more money govt might have printed and circulated behind their back. That will render the N200k unable to buy what 30k could before the increase. Money is like a ticketing system. It doesn't increase the volume of goods available to meet needs. It only facilitates the exchange of things.
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by Thomthom(m): 9:19am On Jul 18, 2023
So some actually believed this
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by Olalekanbanky1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You talked trash in the first few paragraphs and exposed your hypocrisy in the last paragraph.

If businessmen inflate prices, what do you think they will do when govt suddenly print more money and pay people previously earning N30k times seven of that. They will increase prices accordingly and with extra in anticipation of more money govt might have printed and circulated behind their back. That will render the N200k unable to buy what 30k could before the increase. Money is like a ticketing system. It doesn't increase the volume of goods available to meet needs. It only facilitates the exchange of things.
Ur nothing but a pessimist
So if he takes minimum wage to 1m, does it mean that we go dey buy bread at maybe 50k?
Or maybe a bike drop go be around 30k?
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by 2023Blessed: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
AntiChristian:

Ah! grin

Actually i don't necessarily need FG job to be comfortable and live adequately well!

And your repentance will mean accepting Jesus as Lord and savior right?

I wonder how many people Jesus told to accept him as Lord and savior!
Funny guy grin grin

1 Like

Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by SaturnNick(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
uzohrome:
Story for the gods... I laugh 😃
Our full hope is in Nigerian leaders. God d bless Nigeria 😂😂😂🙆🙆🙆
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by CodeTemplar: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Olalekanbanky1:

Ur nothing but a pessimist
So if he takes minimum wage to 1m, does it mean that we go dey buy bread at maybe 50k?
Or maybe a bike drop go be around 30k?

read about Venezuela & cure some ignorance.
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
read about Venezuela & cure some ignorance.
Stop advertising ur ignorance here on Nairaland
Use AIT or channelstv
Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:14am On Sep 25, 2023
OneMillionBTC:
Stop Talking, Just do it already.
Uptil this moment nothing nothing

$30 the lowest in the entire world

1 Like

Re: ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon by BrighterSyde: 5:22pm On Mar 13
Thescienceprof:

Much as I do not engage people on this forum, I have always read your comments on political matters and have no doubt that you're an APC person, which is not an offence. We all can not support the same parties or have the same ideologies. However, this your comment is the most non-partisan and practicable panacea I have read from you. Will they do anything close to these suggestions? I doubt.
God bless Nigeria

Amen
You believe that mannabbqgrillz aka NLpolicewoman is non-partisan? That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen here today. Again you believe he only votes for good people? He is smoking something different now. Let’s look at what he has said logically.

Tinubu brought Buhari on us and he failed woefully. Yet he never for once called Buhari out or spoke against him. If you ask him about the rice pyramids Buhari fooled him with he will keep silent or scream mods.

Again the same tinubu who claimed that there was nothing like fuel subsidy has come out to remove it today. How on earth can one be vying for the post of transportation minister but does not know how many airports are in Nigeria? That’s exactly how it sounds that a sitting president who was close to the corridors of power could not decipher rightly if there was subsidy or not.

He claims he only votes for good people. What is good about a man who drives bullion vans to his house on the eve of an election?

Before you think I’m ipob or obedient I can tell you for free that Obi himself is not the saint he paints himself to be. Infact no politician in this country is worth the support of any masses for obvious reasons. Just take a look at the topic of this thread. Yet adults in their right senses feel they should support one politician or party. Don’t let that dead meat griller deceive you. He is Apc. He is for Buhari and he is for tinubu. While I have no issues with his choice I have issues with the way he calls out other tribes and parties but turns a blind eye when the same is done in his party.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Godwin Maduka Wins 2019 'Man Of The Year' Award / Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.