Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? (1104 Views)

Governor Soludo And APGA Chairman Visit Willie Obiano / Peter Obi: Catholic Church Disowns Priest Preaching Against Soludo And APGA / Uche Nwaosu Of Aa Congratulate Emeka Ihedioha. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2023
One of the most abhorrable arguments by the supporters of Tinubu and APC is that Peter Obi of Labour Party who came third in the last presidential election is praying the presidential tribunal to declare him the duly elected president from the election after proper recount of ballot, without joining the candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, who came second in the election who, according to them, will suffer injury should the court declare Obi who came third above himself who came second.

But I just want to remind this people of the judgment of the Supreme Court that is as recent as 2020 which they celebrated so much by the way.

In January of 2020, the Supreme Court sacked Emeka Ihedioha from Imo Government House and declared Hope Uzodimma after they accepted the latter’s prayer that his votes were unlawfully canceled by INEC.

In that petition, Mr Hope Uzodimma did not join Tony Nwosu of the AA who came second in that election, neither did he join Ikedi Ohakim of APGA who came third in the election, he took only the winner to court.

Now, in delivering her verdict, did the Supreme Court care about the injury that would be suffered by those who were originally declared second and third should a man declared fourth in the election be declared winner? No. The Supreme Court simply added the votes that Uzodimma has been claiming were unlawfully canceled and discovered that he was not supposed to be 4th in the first place but 1st, which disappeared the question of injury since the petitioner simply took his right position after the proper recalculation of votes.

I write this just to tell Tinubu supporters and their lawyers that they can’t be picking and choosing which judicial precedent to use and which to discard. There’s nothing unconstitutional, vexatious nor novel about the prayers of Obi before the Tribunal.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/14/breaking-supreme-court-nullifies-election-of-ihedioha-declares-hope-uzodinma-imo-governor/amp/

Helinues
Garfield1
Fergie001

8 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by anonymous1759(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2023
grin
Wonders sha never end suddenly you guys are using Hope Uzodinma you all mocked as a Supreme Court governor to reference Obi 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you guys are praying day and night to have a Supreme Court president same Supreme Court you never believed in hypocrisy at it’s peak.

8 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2023
The day light robbery in Imo state can only happen in SE.

That's the bitter truth some of you guys don't want to hear.

Using Imo state as a reference case to presidential election is just too ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
anonymous1759:
grin
Wonders sha never end suddenly you guys are using Hope Uzodinma you all mocked as a Supreme Court governor to reference Obi 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you guys are praying day and night to have a Supreme Court president same Supreme Court you never believed in hypocrisy at it’s peak.
It doesn’t matter how we felt or what we said, is the judgment a judicial precedent or not?

7 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Unperturbedpota: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:
What day light robbery in Imo state can only happen in SE.

Using Imo state as a reference case to presidential election is just too ridiculous

Bro you refused to dm me and send your resume. Tomorrow you will be claiming you have a job
, When you spend all your time here doing nothing but talking all your opinions no one asked for

7 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:
What happened in Imo state can only happen in SE.

Oh! “It can only happen in SE.”

The audacity of you lots denigrating Southeast with reckless abandon is simply awestricking. Every dog now feels it can bark at the Igbos without consequences. But for how long?

Meanwhile, have you now seen and accepted that opening a thread to call Peter Obi’s petition was you exhibiting ignorance of highest grandeur because there is a judicial precedent to what Obi is asking for.

What is good for Imo is good for Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh! “It can only happen in SE.”

The audacity of you lots denigrating Southeast with reckless abandon is simply awestricking. Every dog now feels it can bark at the Igbos without consequences. But for how long?

Meanwhile, have you now seen and accepted that opening a thread to call Peter Obi’s petition was you exhibiting ignorance of highest grandeur because there is a judicial precedent to what Obi is asking for.

What is good for Imo is good for Nigeria.

Penguin, you know no be today, I don't play such kind of politics. Only few people participated in the Imo supreme court proceedings, I was surprised by the judgement and also condemned it cos it was a day light robbery.

That such goes in SE dont mean any other region can tolerate such not to talk of Nigeria.

You people refused to answer some simple questions.

A serious presidential candidate ought to have a standard talking and collating center.

What figure did Lp and Obi came up with at their tallying center to proof he truly won the election, in which states did he get the 25% in 24 states and how did they arrive at their results

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by fergie001: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2023
I reacted to this months ago that it's just one of those let's distract them.

LP's rights was to go for the winner, and they were well within those.
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 11:28am On Jul 17, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Bro you refused to dm me and send your resume. Tomorrow you will be claiming you have a job
, When you spend all your time here doing nothing but talking all your opinions no one asked for

Bolawhitedust:

Today is a fresh day , do you want to continue to be useless?

Mynd44
Oam4j
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Kindly assist us with the known troller
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by GeneralPula: 11:28am On Jul 17, 2023
Mtchew..
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by garfield1: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:
One of the most abhorrable arguments by the supporters of Tinubu and APC is that Peter Obi of Labour Party who came third in the last presidential election is praying the presidential tribunal to declare him the duly elected president from the election after proper recount of ballot, without joining the candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, who came second in the election who, according to them, will suffer injury should the court declare Obi who came third above himself who came second.

But I just want to remind this people of the judgment of the Supreme Court that is as recent as 2020 which they celebrated so much by the way.

In January of 2020, the Supreme Court sacked Emeka Ihedioha from Imo Government House and declared Hope Uzodimma after they accepted the latter’s prayer that his votes were unlawfully canceled by INEC.

In that petition, Mr Hope Uzodimma did not join Tony Nwosu of the AA who came second in that election, neither did he join Ikedi Ohakim of APGA who came third in the election, he took only the winner to court.

Now, in delivering her verdict, did the Supreme Court care about the injury that would be suffered by those who were originally declared second and third should a man declared fourth in the election be declared winner? No. The Supreme Court simply added the votes that Uzodimma has been claiming were unlawfully canceled and discovered that he was not supposed to be 4th in the first place but 1st, which disappeared the question of injury since the petitioner simply took his right position after the proper recalculation of votes.

I write this just to tell Tinubu supporters and their lawyers that they can’t be picking and choosing which judicial precedent to use and which to discard. There’s nothing unconstitutional, vexatious nor novel about the prayers of Obi before the Tribunal.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/14/breaking-supreme-court-nullifies-election-of-ihedioha-declares-hope-uzodinma-imo-governor/amp/

Helinues
Garfield1
Fergie001

Obi has failed
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by ronalmagic10(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Helinues
Garfield1
Fergie001

You've indicted yourself. Hope Uzodinma went to court with the figures that were removed from his votes. He also showed evidence and the supreme court gave judgement in his favor

In the case of LP and Peter Obi they never showed the figures that were missing from their votes, no evidence or anything so how can the court declare them the winner of the election?

4 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Emusan(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:
That such goes in SE dont mean any other regions can tolerate such not to talk of Nigeria.

This is pure hypocrisy!

If the people of that region had rose up to challenge the ruling of Supreme Court at that time. People like you will still be the one saying they're rising against the highest order of the land.

So let me ask you, what will you have suggested the Imo people should have done after that SC ruling?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2023
Emusan:

This is pure hypocrisy!

If the people of that region had rose up to challenge the ruling of Supreme Court at that time. People like you will still be the one saying they're rising against the highest order of the land.

So let me ask you, what will you have suggested the Imo people should have done after that SC ruling?

Stop talking nonsense. Where were you when the judgement was made?

Do you have a clue about my position on the judgement?

undecided
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Bolawhitedust: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

undecided

Today is a fresh day , do you want to continue to be useless?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by a4cube: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2023
garfield1:

Obi has failed
This your response signifies defeat.

4 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Emusan(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

I was in Nigeria at that time and also on Nairaland!

This is not the point I raised!

You accused a whole tribe for accepting the judgement and I asked you what will you have suggested for them to do at that?

2 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by FourQu: 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

undecided

Isn’t this not the same way you were telling us that you had no candidate to support before the election.

After you returned from your ban you were the first to open a fresh thread singing that after all the ban your candidate still won undecided

I mean . . . We were all here watching you do all these things. Or will you say it was a lie?

2 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by MS247: 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2023
When you are done with self deciet you would move on
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by garfield1: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
a4cube:
This your response signifies defeat.

Victory actually
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by garfield1: 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
ronalmagic10:

You've indicted yourself. Hope Uzodinma went to court with the figures that were removed from his votes. He also showed evidence and the supreme court gave judgement in his favor

In the case of LP and Peter Obi they never showed the figures that were missing from their votes, no evidence or anything so how can the court declare them the winner of the election?

Orr
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
ronalmagic10:

Indictment you say?

Are you sure you know the purpose of this post?

The purpose is to dispel the erroneous assertion that Obi not joining Atiku who came second in his petition renders it invalid. And I supported it with a Supreme Court precedent of where a candidate who came 4th in an election sued only the winner without joining the 2nd and 3rd position candidates and he still got justice which invalidates that spurious claim you lots have been making.

Then about figures, Uzodimma went to court claiming that his votes from 388 units were excluded. He didn’t give Supreme Court figures, the Supreme Court did by themselves.

So where is the self indictment?

1 Like

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
garfield1:

Obi has failed
This is the only argument you can come up with?

Well, my job is to burst all the escape route you are preparing for the judges.

Uzodimma was declared without joining candidates above him. Same will be done for Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by anonymous1759(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

It doesn’t matter how we felt or what we said, is the judgment a judicial precedent or not?

You guys never accepted it to be a precedent that’s why you kept on bashing hope uzodinma tagging him as a Supreme Court governor you never believed your favorite candidate will toll that part it’s more like you guys are licking your wounds after all the insults on HOPE .

FYI BAT has come to stay for another 4 yrs your candidate should try again he lost the elections your candidate only won in the biased mind of is supports who don’t want to admit when all evidence is glaring . PDP, NNPP,LP and the G5 governors scattered the votes if you can ignore all these factors and claim Obi won there’s no need having an augment with you.
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

Penguin, you know no be today, I don't play such kind of politics. Only few people participated in the Imo supreme court proceedings, I was surprised by the judgement and also condemned it cos it was a day light robbery.
What you supported or did not support is immaterial now.

What is an established fact right now is that the Uzodimma case of Imo state is now a judicial precedent that shall be cited by petitioners for a long time to come.

And in that petition, the Supreme Court returned 4th position as 1st position even though the 2nd and 3rd positions were not joined.

Wasn’t that the basis of your thread?

1 Like

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

What you supported or did not support is immaterial now.

What is an established fact right now is that the Uzodimma case of Imo state is now a judicial precedent that shall be cited by petitioners for a long time to come.

And in that petition, the Supreme Court returned 4th position as 1st position even though the 2nd and 3rd positions were not joined.

Wasn’t that the basis of your thread?

Stop this quarter cleverness or should I say mischievousness, Nwosu withdrew his case and backed Uzodinma to remove Ihedioha.

I followed the proceedings on this forum. Stop feeding NL'S with half baked information
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by garfield1: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

This is the only argument you can come up with?

Well, my job is to burst all the escape route you are preparing for the judges.

Uzodimma was declared without joining candidates above him. Same will be done for Obi.

Let obi bring figures showing he won

1 Like

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
anonymous1759:

You guys never accepted it to be a precedent that’s why you kept on bashing hope uzodinma tagging him as a Supreme Court governor you never believed your favorite candidate will toll that part it’s more like you guys are licking your wounds after all the insults on HOPE.

FYI BAT has come to stay for another 4 yrs your candidate should try again he lost the elections your candidate only won in the biased mind of is supports who don’t want to admit when all evidence is glaring . PDP, NNPP,LP and the G5 governors scattered the votes if you can ignore all these factors and claim Obi won there’s no need having an augment with you.
At the bolded, what we accepted or refused to accept is immaterial to the place of the judgment in Nigerian jurisprudence.

The fact, which is tasting like ash in your mouth right now, is that the Imo judgment is now a judicial authority that is binding on both those who rejected and those who celebrated it.

Did you know a day would come you would wish the Imo Supreme Court robbery never happened?

God has been plotting his graph all along.
Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Penguin2: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

Stop this quarter cleverness or should I say mischievousness, Nwosu withdrew his case and backed Uzodinma to remove Ihedioha.

I followed the proceedings on this forum. Stop feeding NL'S with half baked information
I should be the one advising you to stop feeding Nairalanders with falsehood.

I provided the charge sheet of Uzodimma case at the Supreme Court and you could see it clearly written that it was between Uzodimma and APC vs INEC, Ihedioha and PDP.

The Nwosu case you are talking about was a separate case that was against Uzodimma.

The question I’m asking you is, by INEC announcement….

Did Ihedioha come first or not?
Did Nwosu come second or not?
Did Ohakim come third or not?
And Uzodimma come fourth or not?

Now, in his petition, did Uzodimma join Nwosu and Ohakim who would suffer injury (according to your argument) if Uzodimma was to be elevated from 4th to 1st?

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Unperturbedpota: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

Mynd44
Oam4j
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Kindly assist us with the known troller

Do you know why the never respond to you? Because simple IP check would show that I and that individual have nothing in common but you don't know what an IP address is do you?

Bro what's your highest qualification apart from common entrance pls ?

2 Likes

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by Unperturbedpota: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

You are a liar that only happened after it was clear that iheadioha would be removed

Stop feeding NL with your lies all the time

1 Like

Re: Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? by helinues: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Penguin2:

I should be the one advising you to stop feeding Nairalanders with falsehood.

I provided the charge sheet of Uzodimma case at the Supreme Court and you could see it clearly written that it was between Uzodimma and APC vs INEC, Ihedioha and PDP.

The Nwosu case you are talking about was a separate case that was against Uzodimma.

The question I’m asking you is, by INEC announcement….

Did Ihedioha come first or not?
Did Nwosu come second or not?
Did Ohakim come third or not?
And Uzodimma come fourth or not?

Now, in his petition, did Uzodimma join Nwosu and Ohakim who would suffer injury (according to your argument) if Uzodimma was to be elevated from 4th to 1st?

Nwosu withdrew his case for Nzodinma. Okahim was out out of discussion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal: Anxiety Grips Tinubu, Peter Obi And Atiku As Judgement Day Beckons / US Using Africans As ‘free Clinical Resource’ – Moscow / SA Files Genocide Case Against Israel At UN's World Court (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.