Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,930 members, 7,821,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final (160 Views)

Strawviews Writing Contest - 2nd Edition Is Here. Enter To Win Cash Prices / I Love It When My Wife Beats Me / George Saunders Becomes 2nd American To Win Man Booker Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by finocoy750: 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
Carlos Alcaraz has won the Wimbledon men's singles title, ending Novak Djokovic's winning streak.

The 20-year-old Spaniard beat his Serbian opponent in an epic five set match, 1-6 7-6 (8-6) 6-1 3-6 6-4, to lift the trophy for the first time.

After overcoming a nervy first set, in which he won only one game, he dug in and produced a series of stunning passing shots to defeat one of the greatest players of all time.

He becomes the youngest man to lift the Challenge Cup since 18-year-old Boris Becker won the second of his three Wimbledon titles in 1986.

It is Alcaraz's second grand slam win after claiming the 2022 US Open. He remains the world number one.

His victory stopped Djokovic from gaining his eighth Wimbledon title, something that would have put him level with Roger Federer.

The Princess of Wales, Prince George and Princess Charlotte were watching from the royal box on Centre Court.

The number two seed was on track for his 24th grand slam win and his fifth consecutive Wimbledon victory in a row - minus the 2020 tournament which was cancelled because of COVID.

Before the match, Alcaraz said that going up against a "legend from our sport" made the final more special.

"I always say if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Novak is one of them. It would be great if I can do it," he said.

The pair last met on court during the French Open semi-final last month,

(1) (Reply)

Chat GPT Won't Help Your Blog, Hire A Content Writer Today !!!!!! / Geoffrey Chaucer The Father Of English Poetry / Copywriter/content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.