Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

PTAD Begins 'I Am Alive Confirmation' Project, Kicks For Improved Welfare, Heal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PTAD Begins 'I Am Alive Confirmation' Project, Kicks For Improved Welfare, Heal (132 Views)

I Am Alive - Yakubu Gowon denies death rumours / Zamfara: Fulani Herdsmen To Live In 2-Bedroom Flats, N8bn RUGA Project Kicks Off / FG Pledges Improved Welfare For Army Officers, Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PTAD Begins 'I Am Alive Confirmation' Project, Kicks For Improved Welfare, Heal by saints4real: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
*By lFEANYI NDUKWE, AWKA*

The body in charge of Pensioners and retirees, Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate( PTAD), has reassured pensioners in Anambra and South Eastern regions on an improved welfare and affordable health care benefits.

The Two- Day event which was graced by pensioners, political office holders, health and business coaches was held at Hollywood Event Center, Awka last week.

The programme was aimed to educates and enlighten participants on the "I am Alive Confirmation",a platform for registration, identification of pensioners to ease their access to pension arrears and other benefits.

Speaking at the occasion, the Executive Secretary, Dr. Chioma Ejikeme described the vision of the ministry to ensure maximum accountability and service delivery of all Pensioners salaries and benefits.

"I AM ALIVE" Confirmation Project is a internet application designed to confirm the aliveness of pensioners and ensure seamless payment of all accrued benefits either to the individual or the relative assigned.

'the idea of PTAD is to harmonize the pensions of a civil servant who had retired on a certain grade level and earn a unified pension for equality, implementation of constitutional provision of a five year pensions,' she stated.

Dr Ejikeme further stated that all pensioners in Diaspora are not left out as a survey is being carried out by the directorate to ascertain the number of pensioners in the country and various locations. According to her, the information gathered will enable PTAD plan accordingly for Diaspora's verification stage.

She appealed to pension participants against patronizing pension fraudsters noting that they seem to have kicked off their activities again as there are reports of pensioners being called by people pretending to be PTAD staff and soliciting funds from pensioners to enable their entitlement to be paid.

'No staff of PTAD will call or send any message to you requesting for payment or ask you to call a certain phone number before your arrears,' she emphasized

Meanwhile, guest speaker, Barr. Sunny Osuagwu OON, in a presentation, "Life After Retirement" noted that as a pensioner who wants to live a fulfilled life, manage resources, minimize liability, keep a sizeable budget,reduce debit and make profitable investments.

While, Mr Jubril on his expose,"Pension Computation Fraud explained the various aspects of monthly pensions, gratuity and arrears of payment.

Since inception, PTAD has achieved several feats which includes, complete payment of arrears, complete liquidation of the 126months outstanding liability due to ex - workers of Nigeria Reinsurance corporation, payment of the 219 months of inherited liabilities to Ex-workers of New Nigeria Newspaper Limited., Complete payment of 100months of inherited liabilities to Ex-workers of NICON insurance amongst others.

PTAD launched "I AM ALIVE" Confirmation solution for database cleanup on April 2023, as per thisday 50,553 pensioniers have been confirmed "ALIVE". PTAD has provided a six month grace period for each department and their pensioners to complete their "I Am ALIVE " confirmation solutions

(1) (Reply)

Pro End Sars / 1999 CONSTITUTION DELEGITIMIZED, SHUT DOWN & DECOMMISSIONING PROCESSES ACTIVATED / Interesting Facts About Awolowo The Great Sage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.