Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question (229 Views)

5.0 Scale Conversion To Percentage / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question by jackaustin631: 6:38am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello, I hope you're all doing well. I have a question regarding the conversion of CGPA grades to the percentage scale, and I'm seeking some advice or insights from those who are familiar with the process. I recently completed my studies, and my academic performance was measured using the CGPA system. However, I need to provide my grades in the percentage format for certain job applications. Unfortunately, I am unsure about the conversion formula or how to accurately represent my CGPA as a percentage.
Re: Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question by jackaustin631: 6:39am On Jul 18, 2023
jackaustin631:
Hello, I hope you're all doing well. I have a question regarding the conversion of CGPA grades to the percentage scale, and I'm seeking some advice or insights from those who are familiar with the process. I recently completed my studies, and my academic performance was measured using the Convert CGPA grades to percentage scale. However, I need to provide my grades in the percentage format for certain job applications. Unfortunately, I am unsure about the conversion formula or how to accurately represent my CGPA as a percentage.
If anyone has experience with this or can provide some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question by Ikukuudo: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2023
OK.
Re: Convert CGPA Grades To Percentage Scale Question by advanceDNA: 7:17am On Jul 18, 2023
jackaustin631:

If anyone has experience with this or can provide some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mayb u should calculate %age backwards...

Lets assume Ur CGPA for example =4.4

Total scale used in ur school: most school use 5.0 ...some use 7.0 ....lets use 5.0 as total scale

So what u want to get is ...what percentage of 5.0 equals ur 4.4 cgpa

So let the % we are looking for be =X

X/100 multiplied by 5.0 = 4.4

X × 5.0 = 4.4 × 100

X= 440/5.0

X= 88%

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Here Is How You Can Check The 2023 WAEC Examination Results / Contact Me For Your Online Tutoring / DELSU Releases 2023/2024 Inter-university Transfer & Change Of Course Applicatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.