Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 (22890 Views)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / Croatia Vs Canada: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (4 -1) On 27th Nov 2022 / Belgium Vs Canada. FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 0) - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Occurstaem(m): 6:01am On Jul 21, 2023
Samunique:
Abiodun red card was deserved, but there was also a dangerous stamp on our defender from a Canadian player which, if it was to be Nigerian, it would have been a straight red card, but the ref ignored it.
The VAR officials also ignored it.
Our coach should protest this. They must cancel Abiodun's red card.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by humberjade: 6:03am On Jul 21, 2023
Samunique:
Abiodun red card was deserved, but there was also a dangerous stamp on our defender from a Canadian player which, if it was to be Nigerian, it would have been a straight red card, but the ref ignored it.

Truth be told, the stump on Ohale's foot wasn't intentional, you could tell by her (Canadian) reaction and where her attention was. As for Abiodun, she went with an intent to take the player out, it was super late, badly catching her ankle in the process. It was a deserved red. But overall, the officiating didn't favour us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by humberjade: 6:04am On Jul 21, 2023
Occurstaem:

The VAR officials also ignored it.
Our coach should protest this. They must cancel Abiodun's red card.

That was a very dangerous tackle, it will be a miracle for that to happen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Idiko1: 6:04am On Jul 21, 2023
Rumundele:
Plumtre cause this yellow card for her team mate, she is too slow i beg
Ordega time for super falcons should be over by now. Yoi can't be playing what you use to play then without improvement

No, she is not slow talk less of too slow. She is the most technically equipped player on the Nigerian Falcons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by robosky02(m): 6:06am On Jul 21, 2023
Blazadenise:
im surprise rasheedat Ajibade no they the squad, Luck was against Canada, falcon for chop goals

She is serving suspention
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by humberjade: 6:10am On Jul 21, 2023
The key players I had hope would turn the hit on our opponents at this tourney are either out injured or suspended.

Ajibade with her direct runs and Oparanozie with her hold up play and fierce shots.

And for those complaining about Oshoala, she doesn't get the kinda services she gets at her club side. Playing alongside Oparanozie would have brought out the best in her.

Finally, the team missed Okobi in this match, the team lacked a good ball carrier.

Better luck next time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by orohbiro(f): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2023
Idiko1:

Which hatred are you on about? The dude was spot on the mark. Majority of the girls do not have the flair of the game. They kick the ball aimlessly.
oga rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by orohbiro(f): 6:23am On Jul 21, 2023
TemitayoMark:
This team no improve at all, this is not the team that won nations tournament. What's really missing. Them just dey play like sey them no train at all
oga rest n go n sleep if u don't ve any meaningful thing to say. We played well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by OriOko88(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2023
Thats why I hate it when south America or Australia host any tournament. The odd time difference is just staggering. The last time I woke up at midnight to watch football matches was at USA94.

Na like this we go dey wake up early to watch s 2026 woeld cup too in USA and mexico. Chaii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Enculer2: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2023
orohbiro:
oga rest

He is stating the fact
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Enculer2: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2023
orohbiro:
oga rest n go n sleep if u don't ve any meaningful thing to say. We played well

Nope we did not.
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by AdemolaVictorTv(m): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2023
Nigeria Super Falcons Hold Canada to a goalless Draw - 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsHiAP62Q8
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by babytoun: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2023
Good result in my opinion. This Canada team are the current Olympic champions, ranked 7th in the world, higher than Brazil and Netherlands.

Once Rasheedat Ajibade and Halimatu Ayinde return in the next match , the team should play much better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by JosephGentle(m): 10:14am On Jul 21, 2023
FREE BET FOR NEW USERS🔥🔥
Get rewarded with a free bet when you join Bangbet https://www.bangbet.com/welcome/register.html?NSWVVDL38024791
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Horus(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jewBN4XDqjA

HIGHLIGHTS - Nigeria 0-0 Canada - 2023 Women's World Cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by pargelenis(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
TemitayoMark:
If you are just waking up and didn't watch the match from the beginning then you need to go and watch it all over again I'm not here to enlighten you about the referees' decision
You made a statement but cannot back it up with facts … typical!
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by pargelenis(m): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
Occurstaem:

Not only the referee was a racist, but also the entire VAR officials. Before our red card, a Canadian player had made a similar tackle on Ohale. The challenge was late and can give Ohale an injury. The VAR wasn't called for the referee to take a second look. Believe me, that was supposed to be a straight red card for the Canadian player because she stamped on Ohale, she even stood on her leg while the ball wasn't with her anymore.

In Abiodun's case, the challenge was late too and capable of giving the opponent an injury. The referee was bias.

Nairaland moderators are biased too. Why can't they move this thread to the front page while the match was ongoing?

That was how I was banned for exposing an impersonator.
OK, you made some good points. Overall, I thought the referee was fair. She did allow some level of physical play. I did not notice any acts of racism IMHO.
Mods may have been sleeping given the time in 9ja.
Maybe it was a mod’s alternate account you uncovered leading to the ban grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by JohnWealth001(m): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
This the Video of the people mimic and copying Cristano Ronaldo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbruF-6xEw
Re: Nigeria Vs Canada: FIFA Women World Cup: Fri.21st July 2023 by Icon79(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
Thank you, my dear. Some folks watch these games but have no clue how to analyze a game.

O pari

Idiko1:

No, she is not slow talk less of too slow. She is the most technically equipped player on the Nigerian Falcons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Accepts NFF’s Contract, Conditions / Manchester City Has The Most Expensive Squad In Football History - CIES / Nigerians Blast DSTV For Not Showing Nigeria Vs Senegal Friendly Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.