Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,015 members, 7,956,767 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New (1787 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport / Stealing At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by dblock(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2006
How is the airport now same old same old or improved. I've only been there once but it's as if I've never even been there. So can yous please send pics and info
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by buckeye(m): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2006
This is all i was able to get

Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by dblock(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2006
Thanx men I appreciate that
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Hunter(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2006
It's not as bad as its made out to be, before security its a bit chaotic (very) but once you get through customs (seems quite slow sometimes) it's quite a respectable airport.

My only complaints really are the late 60's decor in some parts, uncomfortable seating and shops have been closed by customs.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by LoverBwoy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2006
those pics are old , angry
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Hunter(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2006
But thats what it still looks like,
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by LoverBwoy(m): 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2006
really? if thats so then , its all good

but i doubt it! those are internet pictures!!

maybe a "real" pic thats close up would be ideal , did u take pics when u got to the airport?? @ Hunter (not family pics)
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Badman888(m): 12:03am On Mar 16, 2006
The airport is still the same as ever,
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Hunter(m): 12:21am On Mar 16, 2006
Loverbwoy, I only have one picture and thats of a plane cheesy
I don't like getting my camera out (apparantly you're suppose to clear it with security before taking any pictures, )
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by dblock(m): 12:32am On Mar 16, 2006
It's sus to change. if some cash rolls in. thanx guys and gilrz.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Hunter(m): 2:39am On Mar 16, 2006
I think the terminal is the least of the problems though, appararantly frequent power outages to important systems happen as well.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by dblock(m): 3:20am On Apr 07, 2006
The frequent power outages is important but simple, I don't get how people screw in the simplest of things but can excel in other things. I hear Einstein couldn't even tiehis shoe laces. -------found some pics on Wikipedia.com from what I've heard on that site the place is so much better so much better Ja use a window shopper cool grin grin
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Hunter(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2006
I should mention that my father used the airport the other day and confirms that the shops are all open again smiley
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Badman888(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2006
yea the shops and stuff are all open
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by dblock(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2006
Dblock is back once again, I gotta stop taking breaks off this wonderful site, hey badman how many shops are there. I remember 2001 was in the airport and fixed my eyes on a maccosa poster really wanted to buy the CD but couldn't I would pay a billion bucks to get that CD. Maccosa rulzzzzzzz.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Badman888(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2006
Dont know the exact number, but they not that much, Dnt like to shop there their prices are not inviting so just pass through most of the time,
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by lauryn(f): 4:51am On Apr 16, 2006
its still the same old place. They need friggin ACs in there. As soon as i got off the plane, the heat that attacked me from the tunnel made me realise i was in nigeria. This was just in January, i was so irritated when i got there.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by kimba(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2006
@lauryn
its still the same old place. They need friggin ACs in there. As soon as i got off the plane, the heat that attacked me from the tunnel made me realise i was in nigeria. This was just in January, i was so irritated when i got there.

Its not only heat attack. People attack, missing baggage is the problem. My own bag got missing, spent 1hr searching for the bag after landing. Later, i had to go to their ogas office upstairs, where someone advised i should go check out and if possible, "see" the oga.

I was so surprised, I found my bag right where it was described. How they knew where I was coming from, I didnt know. I had to part with a 5,000 bucks(JYen) though.
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by lauryn(f): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2006
@ Kimba!
Lol. I was so irritated that I felt like leaving without my luggage. I just couldnt stand the heat, I almost went coocoo.
Damn nigerian heat can drive u nuts. Wonder how I dealt with it before leaving the country
They dont even have the friendliest faces at the airport, most of the people there look so darn miserable. I was like, "The Heck"!. Then some Army Man pulled me aside asking me the dumbest questions, where were u born( while lookin at my passport). I was like up ur ass, around the corner. Didnt mean to be feisty, but Damn the heat!
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
What up badman888
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by concrete: 12:44am On Mar 14, 2009
truth:

the local airport (like when u fly to and from benin for example) is good, new, clean, A/C is there

the international one and the other local one is still rather rough and is nothing compared to the older one; it's not what i would call horrible though
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by san26dy(f): 2:18am On Mar 14, 2009
How far is the local airport from the international airport? Is it located in the area?
Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by crusher(f): 4:14am On Mar 14, 2009

Re: How Is Murtala Mohammed Airport Like, Anything New by crusher(f): 4:14am On Mar 14, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Relocate And Stay With Spouse In Spain / Oniru Beach…a Quiet Seaside Getaway / What Private Transport Company Is The Best In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.