Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! (2298 Views)

Lagos Government Acquires Innoson CNG Buses (Video) / Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Innoson Displays More CNG And LNG Powered Vehicles(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Good day everyone, (this is just me putting my thoughts out, kindly bear with me)
I was just thinking aloud, due to the recent hike in petrol prices and the high cost of cng convertion kits for vehicles,
I felt we should be able to reduce the price of this convertion kit if we could get the kit for cheap (about 100k give or take) , maybe the "cng container" here in naija relatively cheap and labor.
All in all about 200k or thereabouts compared to the current costs.
Now, having stumbled across a link online, I'd like to get your opinions on whether the kit is the right one and any other things we need to know.
Let's come together to see how we can help one another, especially in making conversion kits way cheaper.
Here's the link:
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600495275134/Gas-Cng-Lpg-Glp-Conversion-Kit.html
N.b I'm sorry about my spelling or typing, I just wanted to get this idea out my head
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Some pictures

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by lordm(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerian mechanics are not ready to make money
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
lordm:
Nigerian mechanics are not ready to make money
So what are your thoughts bro, we need answers to know if we're doing the right thing and how to go about it.
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by lordm(m): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

So what are your thoughts bro, we need answers to know if we're doing the right thing and how to go about it.
it can be done in benin Edo State, I have entered several vehicles that uses it in benin

1 Like

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by nurey(m): 6:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

Nothing good is cheap bro. The kits are not expensive because of greedy sellers but due to the Nigeria economy, the naira has no value and the country doesn't encourage production.
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2023
nurey:

Nothing good is cheap bro. The kits are not expensive because of greedy sellers but due to the Nigeria economy, the naira has no value and the country doesn't encourage production.
So in a way you're saying this is the correct and complete kit (less the container) ?
Your input will be appreciated.
How about we get some contacts of those who do this in Benin also?
We need to help ourselves my brother.
And a good morning to you
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by nurey(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

So in a way you're saying this is the correct and complete kit (less the container) ?
Your input will be appreciated.
How about we get some contacts of those who do this in Benin also?
We need to help ourselves my brother.
And a good morning to you

I believe the conversion is being done by NIPCO, they have one conversion workshop at Mowe as advertised recently.

I am no expert in conversion to LNG or CNG so don't have indepth knowledge. Your kit though says LNG not CNG
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
nurey:

I believe the conversion is being done by NIPCO, they have one conversion workshop at Mowe as advertised recently.

I am no expert in conversion to LNG or CNG so don't have indepth knowledge. Your kit though says LNG not CNG
alright then, i'll look into the links and revert here. But in the meantime I'm also open to any info.
Thank you very much boss
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

alright then, i'll look into the links and revert here. But in the meantime I'm also open to any info.
Thank you very much boss

Well from what I know, your conversion kit must have it's own brainbox and it must be programmed also
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by afesco: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
lordm:
it can be done in benin Edo State, I have entered several vehicles that uses it in benin
Pls, where in Benin City can it be done because I will like to do mine?
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
nurey:

Well from what I know, your conversion kit must have it's own brainbox and it must be programmed also
Wow! So that means trying to buy one from China is a waste of time?
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by eghuan1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ayamatanga0:
Good day everyone, (this is just me putting my thoughts out, kindly bear with me)
I was just thinking aloud, due to the recent hike in petrol prices and the high cost of cng convertion kits for vehicles,
I felt we should be able to reduce the price of this convertion kit if we could get the kit for cheap (about 100k give or take) , maybe the "cng container" here in naija relatively cheap and labor.
All in all about 200k or thereabouts compared to the current costs.
Now, having stumbled across a link online, I'd like to get your opinions on whether the kit is the right one and any other things we need to know.
Let's come together to see how we can help one another, especially in making conversion kits way cheaper.
Here's the link:
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600495275134/Gas-Cng-Lpg-Glp-Conversion-Kit.html
N.b I'm sorry about my spelling or typing, I just wanted to get this idea out my head

Due to the fuel price increase, myself and some Bolt drivers in Benin City have set-up a WhatsApp group trying to find an alternative to fuel for our cars and to the beat of our knowledge, there were six companies the Federal Government gave permits to start the conversion of fuel to CNG for cars back in 2007/08 thereabout.

But it was only NIPCO that took the business serious and we're even installing for free but very few people took it serious due to lack of knowledge and proper public awareness by the government.

Well today, NIPCO charges 452k to convert one car but we were able to get a company in Lagos to come to Benin for us at cheaper rate but the company has been dragging leg for sometime now.

The guys at NIPCO even told us that if we even get the installation kit and do the convertion by ourselves, we will still come to them for verification to ensure there's no leakage and that standard kits were used.

Now the verification is not free. They're doing this because they're the only company in the country that dispenses CNG for cars. So you see, until, other companies come into the business to break the monopoly, it's going to be very difficult to do your convertion independently.

6 Likes

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by nurey(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

Wow! So that means trying to buy one from China is a waste of time?

No not really, a thousand steps starts from somewhere. What am saying is the KIT has it's own brainbox for functioning, ensure the unit you are buying has one.

For me it is cheaper to find an installer that knows his onions and bargain with him using his kit (obviously he would be more comfortable with that) than buying a kit then looking for installer. If you buy kit and installer doesnt want to use it, what will man do?

If the work was that easy, the car conversion would have been popular by now with many shops offering it.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by lordm(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
afesco:

Unfortunately I no longer live in Benin.
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
nurey:

No not really, a thousand steps starts from somewhere. What am saying is the KIT has it's own brainbox for functioning, ensure the unit you are buying has one.

For me it is cheaper to find an installer that knows his onions and bargain with him using his kit (obviously he would be more comfortable with that) than buying a kit then looking for installer. If you buy kit and installer doesnt want to use it, what will man do?

If the work was that easy, the car conversion would have been popular by now with many shops offering it.
You're very right, but one thing I know is that as with everything, the more people look into it, the easier it would eventually become
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Wisdom2003: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

You're very right, but one thing I know is that as with everything, the more people look into it, the easier it would eventually become

Let’s build numbers, pay attention to getting someone that can do it cheaper and professionally from Benin city or Ghana to Lagos.

It will be profitable for him because he’s doing volume.
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 11:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Wisdom2003:

Let’s build numbers, pay attention to getting someone that can do it cheaper and professionally from Benin city or Ghana to Lagos.

It will be profitable for him because he’s doing volume.
This makes a lot of sense, so how do we go about this?
Do we create a group or something?
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by moderatedguy: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
afesco:

NIPCO 550K very expensive i personally contacted them
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by katki1: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2023
The above kit is the type expected to be available in Nigeria.The kit will weigh about 7-8kg and cost of air freight and clearing in Lagos will be about N90-N100k.The CNG cylinder say of 10-15 Water litres capacity of type 2 will not be less than N100k if at all you get it.Cost of installation at least N30k.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by yusufmurry: 2:40am On Jul 25, 2023
I am interested in this biz

Let's talk
Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by guysis(m): 3:00am On Jul 25, 2023
How many stations dispense CNG in Nigeria as a whole? This CNG move before proper adoption by the general public has a lot of challenges particularly infrastructure wise to be fixed.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Car Cng Conversion Kits Here!!!! by Ayamatanga0: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2023
guysis:
How many stations dispense CNG in Nigeria as a whole? This CNG move before proper adoption by the general public has a lot of challenges particularly infrastructure wise to be fixed.
Very True. The usual Nigerian Case of putting the cart before the horse.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Camry, Honda Accord Or Honda Civic, Please Help Make A Decisio / Altima Vs Audi A6 / Rattling, Knocking Sound After Changing Oil Seal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.