Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations (24620 Views)

Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban / Divine Oduduru Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test, Faces 6-Year Ban / Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Pennywise2: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Until you understand onyinbo wuruwuru. They hate black success

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by 9gerian: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Not really. Why did she miss 3 tests in a year especially since she is aware there will be sanctions?

Or did she undertake other tests and only missed 3 in total? If so, what is the percentage of tests missed.

An haulage driver who earns a living using his license should never joke with renewing the same license, else the risk of fines and outright stop from working.

Bonjelomo:
Racism

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Nickisindigo(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2023
lolu2019:
Racism at it again
this not about racism rules are meant to followed

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by slowice(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
Thank God she's not from the other side. They can't do without drugs

Bụlaba nkọ? grin
Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by handsomeyinka(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!
Let them suspend that yoruba girl indefinitely. Nonesense angry
I have always suspected that girl no pure at all.

No wonder she dey run like who sniff cocaine. Bloody cheater
Taking drugs to enhance perfomance. Her cup don full

They should review her previous records because I'm sure she use drugs to win those records.

Sorry
Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Reference(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2023
Opari....
This is exactly what I was warning about just a couple of days ago...... athletics.... and cycling.... the two leprous hands of sports.
I just do not know what kind of temptations these track and field people face that they cannot be rid of the smell of PED's.
Just hope it is the indiscretion of schedules as she says and not the real deal.
But any suspicion is bound to chase sponsorship and endorsements away.
God help her.

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by shortgun(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2023
If she was Igbo this thread would've gotten to 20 pages by now.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Neddstark: 9:17am On Jul 19, 2023
Even though she is Omoluabi, if she's guilty let her be sanctioned

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by naturefellow(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!

They should review her previous records because I'm sure she use drugs to win those records.

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Reference(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2023
9gerian:
Not really. Why did she miss 3 tests in a year especially since she is aware there will be sanctions?

Or did she undertake other tests and only missed 3 in total? If so, what is the percentage of tests missed.

An haulage driver who earns a living using his license should never joke with renewing the same license, else the risk of fines and outright stop from working.

That is eh.
Playing around with your bread and butter....
Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by lolu2019: 9:18am On Jul 19, 2023
Nickisindigo:
this not about racism rules are meant to followed
she wouldn't have missed if she aware of the timing of the doping test.they are just flimsy excuses.they should av asked her to come for test immediately after the meets.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by alizma: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2023
Lol, before you know it, the whites will tell you the paracetamol she took before she hits the track contain cocaine.
Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by chaiks: 9:22am On Jul 19, 2023
She will be found guilty. Infant she is guilty technically from this report. I am doubting the transparency of these whole exercise. Nigerian government need to wade in to this and demand clear explanation. I am confused and angry to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Nickisindigo(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2023
lolu2019:
she wouldn't have missed if she aware of the timing of the doping test.they are just flimsy excuses.they should av asked her to come for test immediately after the meets.

The problem here is athlete are not told in advance

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Ha!

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Alliswell248: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!
She dey follow Tinubu footsteps

Hatred is in their dna.......
That is why you killllll your brothers and sisters in that backward region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by DesChyko: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2023
Which Kain dirty news be this? Someone that probably has her sights and our hopes on more record breaking feats? 🥲

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Goodzinny: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2023
They just want to rub her of her victory.

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Goodzinny: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2023
They just want to rub her of her victory. Jealous people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by udemzyudex(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2023
Lol

Bad belle people they have been looking for a way , SMH

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Tareq1105: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2023
Oyinbos want to bring her down. God no go gree for them. They don't want her to compete in August.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Yoighaman(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!

Will you keep kwayet there, bad belle people; you think everyone is like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by buharibanjo(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2023
Whereabouts failure sir?
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by udemzyudex(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Na witch hunt,she knows better.

When she first won the medal they were already saying that time was wrong bla bla, they have been looking for a way from the onset so I'm not surprise.

Rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by seborrhic: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Soon as she set that world record and won the world championship,she should have ensured she made herself available at all times.
Doping tests are not done in specific countries.
Your phone number,email is supposed to be available 247 because you are now a world champion.Even if you are at the airport about to travel once they call you either cancel your flight or report to the nearest sample collection centre at your destination.
For her sake,hope it's not her fault but missing 5 test dates looks suspicious.
Her excuse of also having been tested multiple times does not exonerate her actions.The whole idea of random scheduling is to catch athletes unawares because if they know fixed dates of blood collection,some of them can find ways of coming out dope free and then take the drugs when they know they won't be tested.

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by lolu2019: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Nickisindigo:

The problem here is athlete are not told in advance
thank u.they are just looking for a way to bring her down.once u are black,u will av a problem.from greenwood to mendy.mendy to amusan.once they hate u,they will always look for a way to bring u down.Maradona at USA 94 was tested immediately after Nigeria match.why not before the match.they are just looking for flimsy excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Reference(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2023
lolu2019:

Over recent years pro athletics has become a closed cycle profession like other high profile sports whereby sportsmen are never really 'free'. This was due to the high technology doping assumed with designer drugs impacting on performances long after administration. So WADA decided on a more or less year round testing regime to ensure athletes are clean whether in or out of competition.

So there are more or less two, even three testing regimes out there. Performance testing, that is testing of athletes that win races, break records, etc. General competition testing that accompanies meets (during and after specific meets and tournaments) and out of competition testing which the authorities try to make as random and unpredictable as possible so that bad athletes are not able to organise the chemistry of their bodies to mask drug taking.

So they require athletes to inform them of their schedules more or less round the year. It has been a bone of contention but hey, athletics is now a fully professional sport. An athlete no longer wholly owns his body or time for that matter.

Just like soccer clubs and football federations own the player during the season and control a lot happening in their lives.

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by yewit37486: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Very Good!!!

You are clearly attention seeking this morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by otokx(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2023
What kind of bad news is this? How can you miss 1, 2, 3 tests? What was her management team doing? Wishing her all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations by Meritjoshua(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2023
PhillipPHD:
South West people and drugs are 5&6. Ask Tinubu.

They can’t succeed without cheating.
just like mmesoma, peter obi. ikeremadu, evans and co. South east is the abode for criminals grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Abubakar, Ex-Ghana Footballer Dies At The Age Of 36 / Decay State Of Lagos National Stadium (pictures) / Obafemi Martins Celebrates BabyMama, Abigail Barwuah On Her Birthday (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.