Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. (179 Views)

How Nnamdi Kanu Was Lured With Cash ‘donation’ And Arrested / Big Cobra Found In My Friend's Bathroom / Look At The Snake Killed By My Friend Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by jumper524(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
I'll explain as much as I can here and I'll appreciate any form of advice that can help.

So yesterday I was with this close friend of mine when he got a call from a Ghana number, the voice was his kid Bro aged 19 telling him to come online on WhatsApp. Well he did so and the message he got was that he's in ghana and he needs about 15k to return back to Lagos.
While we were thinking of how best to handle the situation, he told me that this same guy called him 3days ago that he's going to Cyprus and that he just finished processing his papers in lagos.
Mind you, we are all based in Abuja and I know the boy too as he belongs to same age group with my younger brother.
While we were still brain storming on how best to handle the situation, I called my younger Bro to know when last he talked to my friend Bro and he replied last night.
He claimed my friend brother told him he's in EFCC custody as he was arrested with some yahoo boys and needs 30k to bail himself.

Another food for taught.

Well we decided to video call him with the Ghana number he used to call and also tried to call him off data to confirm if he's truly in ghana and all factors proved he truly is in ghana.
Well we managed to raise 20k and send to him, I told my friend not to put him under pressure and that we should just wait for him to return.
He called us few hours later with his own number telling us he used 14k to collect his phone from someone there and that he needs extra 10k for transport.
This time he met a Blunt response from his brother.
He then said he was going to sell his phone so he can return back to Nigeria with the transport.
Well this evening, he called again that hes going to need 4k to pay bike man that would transport him from cotonou to Lagos. His brother agreed and sent, he then called again that he needs to balance the guy who transported him from Ghana to cotonou 40k.
Na there my guy end call with annoyance.

I know for sure he's worried about his little Bro being stranded in another man's land but then again, his brother is not the kind who's dishonest though, But this situation have many red flags in it.
Experts in the house, please what do you think is best in this situation.

I know the finance is a problem for my friend but its attainable, the major problem is if this guy is actually trying to deceive us as he has no intention of returning back to Nigeria or thats the situation for those who they lured to ghana by deceitful means of yahoo riches, cos I'm 100% certain that's what he went there for.

Those with experience should please advice us on what to do.
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by Hisbah(f): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
He might be under duress.
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by jumper524(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
Mynd44 Seun I don't know if this is the right section for this, but I need wide audience for better understanding.
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by omowolewa: 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
Should report to NAPTIP or NIgerian Embassy or Ghanaian/Kutonu Police.

As per the debt, he should agree on working for the person for One Month and a week in line with National minimum wage
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by jumper524(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hisbah:
He might be under duress.
I just hope not.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by Foodqueen(f): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
I feel it's scam sha!!!
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by lifenajeje(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2023
Two lies here

1, which bike dey run Cotonou to Lagos 4k?where would one board such bike.

2..u can't owe the driver fare becos u pay before they leave the park..if u come with funny story Dem go drop u carry anothdf passenger.
Re: My Friend Brother Was Lured To Ghana. Please Experts In The House. by jumper524(m): 8:38am On Jul 20, 2023
lifenajeje:
Two lies here

1, which bike dey run Cotonou to Lagos 4k?where would one board such bike.

2..u can't owe the driver fare becos u pay before they leave the park..if u come with funny story Dem go drop u carry anothdf passenger.
thank you for this, all indication points to lie. The only problem is that the person in question is not known for that.

(1) (Reply)

Where The Rich Hide In Enugu State Will Surprise You / Generate Massive Income Online / Seun Osewa,we Deserve An Apology !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.