Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. (534 Views)

'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / Video: Bishop Oyedepo - Many Believers Are Dead Because They Don't Give To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by overcomersfaith(f): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2023
Beloveth why is it as soon some many believer gets born again… they grow cold, lose the fire and peak out spiritually?

Today's topic is a very crucial one… this is the bane of Christendom… many believers falling by the way sides… why?

Read more @ https://overcomers-faith.org/why-is-it-so-many-believers-grow-cold-lose-the-fire-and-peak-out-spiritually/
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2023
We need to understand what exactly is to born again first and when we do, we will see that this is a very simple question, let's look at it this way, you cannot be a Christian if you are not born again and you cannot be born again if you are not a Christian, and since a Christian is not born of flesh and blood but by the spirit, and since a Christian is born and not converted it simply means that those you see as being born again and cool off are not has never been Christians in the first place, because no christian will ever turn his back on Jesus, and will NEVER be Lost, because Jesus Christ said
********ALL THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME, NONE OF THEM WILL BE LOST, I WILL BRING THEM ALL BACK********
SO ANYONE that stopped on the way is not a Christian
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Belteshazzar1: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2023
mbaise1000:
We need to understand what exactly is to born again first and when we do, we will see that this is a very simple question, let's look at it this way, you cannot be a Christian if you are not born again and you cannot be born again if you are not a Christian, and since a Christian is not born of flesh and blood but by the spirit, and since a Christian is born and not converted it simply means that those you see as being born again and cool off are not has never been Christians in the first place, because no christian will ever turn his back on Jesus, and will NEVER be Lost, because Jesus Christ said
*ALL THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME, NONE OF THEM WILL BE LOST, I WILL BRING THEM ALL BACK* SO ANYONE that stopped on the way is not a Christian
Becoming a christian dosen't make u immune to temptations and pitfalls.
There are devoted christians whose faith sliped not because they are not believers, but that they don't have enough faith to hold on to the end.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Belteshazzar1: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2023
Jesus in his analogy on the farmer and the seed..
Describes a whole lot of state at which christians operate on..

One of the thing we must have in mind is that the life journey of a christian is a battle ground...

We have an enemy who who is ever at war with our decision to follow Jesus..

some of the reasons why some christians lose their fire is:-
°Ignorance about the spirituality of life.
Life is spiritual and christians who must remain valid must be steadfast in prayer.. Pray about every thing.

°our fire falls when we assume we've become soo used to the word of God:-
some of us has become soo knowledgeable to the extent we begin to assume that we know all of God..

°our fire falls when we begin to lack intimacy and fellowship with the holy spirit

°our fire falls when we are the only believer in our circles:- if 95/100 of all ya friends are unbelievers or unserious christians it will either limit your growth rate or stop you..

Still typing
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
The main reason for that is because their faith was built on a faulty foundation, so when the storms came they couldn't withstand the force as Jesus illustrated in the parable of the house built on sand, in the respect of those who hear but don't keep His Words.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
overcomersfaith:
Beloveth why is it as soon some many believer gets born again… they grow cold, lose the fire and peak out spiritually?

Today's topic is a very crucial one… this is the bane of Christendom… many believers falling by the way sides… why?

Read more @ https://overcomers-faith.org/why-is-it-so-many-believers-grow-cold-lose-the-fire-and-peak-out-spiritually/

Because they never wanted God in the first place. So, when God finally gets tired of holding them and goes away, then they must go cold and even become antiGod (atheists).
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
mbaise1000:
********ALL THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME, NONE OF THEM WILL BE LOST, I WILL BRING THEM ALL BACK********
SO ANYONE that stopped on the way is not a Christian

Outstanding! Perfect! Flawless Victory! mbaise1000 Wins! grin
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
Belteshazzar1:

There are devoted christians whose faith sliped not because they are not believers, but that they don't have enough faith to hold on to the end.

He did not say anything about immunity. But i do verily say, that a Christian is one who knows that he must OVER JUMP ALL TEMPTATIONS AND FALLS AND TRAPS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND!

Thus, a person who chooses is becoming a Christian is one who has prepared himself and ready to cut down, break up or beeakdown, avoid or jump over every temptation or falk or trap.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
Belteshazzar1:
Jesus in his analogy on the farmer and the seed..
Describes a whole lot of state at which christians operate on...

He did not say Christians but "people".

The Word of God is preached to all and many but people recieve it, how they wish to recieve it.

The difference is that a Christian knows the value of it and therefore turned it to his profit. Exactly how a class is full of lawyers, engineers, doctors but not everyone of them became it.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Belteshazzar1: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
vdestro:

He did not say Christians but "people".

The Word of God is preached to all and many but people recieve it, how they wish to recieve it.

The difference is that a Christian knows the value of it and therefore turned it to his profit. Exactly how a class is full of lawyers, engineers, doctors but not everyone of them became it.

I get you..
I already thought about it before commenting...

Don't you see that analogy play even among christians?
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Belteshazzar1:

DID I say that Christians are exempted from temptation or not prone to it?
All I said is that a Christian will not fall on the way side, that a Christian is SAVED ALREADY because God, if we must believe that he knows everything, and knows us even before we are born knows exactly how everyone will end up and we know that no Christian will be lost, I am talking about CHRISTIANS and not those who think or believe or say that they are christians.
Meanwhile, there is nothing like a devoted Christian or undevoted or unserious CHRISTIAN, you are either a Christian or not, and you don't struggle to be a Christian or to live a righteous life, it's inbuilt, if you can't endure to the end, you won't be saved and so you are not a Christian,
Do you still need more explanations?
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Belteshazzar1:

I get you..
I already thought about it before commenting...

Don't you see that analogy play even among christians?

For me Christians are those who have passed and graduated from the school of God and are practicing what God taught.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
mbaise1000:
■ ********ALL THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME, NONE OF THEM WILL BE LOST, I WILL BRING THEM ALL BACK******** SO ANYONE that stopped on the way is not a Christian
I am afraid all of this is just religious gibberish. It doesn't explain what it means to be born-again neither does it capture the fact that even Jesus Christ made clear that only those born-agains who stand faithful until the end will be saved. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
overcomersfaith:

Real believers don't fall of from having faith they only progress in wisdom regarding the way of righteousness that is of God! Proverbs 4:18
So when you see anyone falling off completely from having faith know that they never had it in the first place they're just following the crowd! John 6:60-69
Faithful people may be found in virtually all the religions on this planet but according to Jesus they're lost in false religions {Matthew 10:6} that's why his disciples need to fish out such ones {Mark 1:17} and bring them home to the finisher and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:2
Faithless miscreants with their faithlessness will always follow after the crowd {Exodus 23:1-2} instead of making sure of the truth and sticking to what is good! 1 Thessalonians 5:21
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid all of this is just religious gibberish. It doesn't explain what it means to be born-again neither does it capture the fact that even Jesus Christ made clear that only those born-agains who stand faithful until the end will be saved. undecided
This is not gibberish, yo those for whom it was meant to understand it, to you it might be whatever you see it to be to you,
Then I will try to explain it a little more, a Christian is only one that follows the footsteps and lifestyle and teachings of Jesus Christ, to be born again according to Jesus is to be born of water and the spirit, but before this you must accept that Jesus died for your sins, and decide not to continue in sin, because it said that whosoever continues in sin is not of God, doesn't have the spirit of God in him, the only way to prove you are born again is to stop sin and what will make you to stop sinning or at least make sin to be disgusting to you is the present of the holy spirit in you that is Jesus in you, this doesn't mean that there won't be mistakes on the way but the main thing here is that, anytime you fall out, you will never be comfortable untill you have made peace with God again.

Lastly I stand by what I said that a Christian will not fall away because they are ALREADY SAVED even from the foundation of the world because God ALREADY knows they are SAVED, those that fall away for whatever reason are not christians in the first place even though you or them think or claim that they are christians
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
mbaise1000:
This is not gibberish, yo those for whom it was meant to understand it, to you it might be whatever you see it to be to you,
■ Then I will try to explain it a little more, a Christian is only one that follows the footsteps and lifestyle and teachings of Jesus Christ, to be born again according to Jesus is to be born of water and the spirit, but before this you must accept that Jesus died for your sins, and decide not to continue in sin, because it said that whosoever continues in sin is not of God, doesn't have the spirit of God in him, the only way to prove you are born again is to stop sin and what will make you to stop sinning or at least make sin to be disgusting to you is the present of the holy spirit in you that is Jesus in you, this doesn't mean that there won't be mistakes on the way but the main thing here is that, anytime you fall out, you will never be comfortable untill you have made peace with God again.
■ Lastly I stand by what I said that a Christian will not fall away because they are ALREADY SAVED even from the foundation of the world because God ALREADY knows they are SAVED, those that fall away for whatever reason are not christians in the first place even though you or them think or claim that they are christians
1. Even your pastors and mogs do not understand much of what they blindly teach to others, a lack of understanding made evident by the fact they don't even live by much of what they preach. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not call His followers to follow His footsteps. Rather, He called each and everyone of them to obey His teachings and commandments, a huge departure from what you claim there. Following the footsteps of Jesus Christ would imply living in submission to the Old Law of Moses which God sealed over 1900 years ago meaning no soul can be by it.

Additionally, Jesus Christ was not Himself born-again given He is the one the Life from whom those

Your notion of Christianity, and clearly your understanding of Jesus Christ is of religious gibberish, and not the truth of God. undecided

3. What you stand on has no bearing in Jesus Christ who instead made clear that many will fall away if they do not continually abide in Him. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
2. Jesus Christ did not call His followers to follow His footsteps. ..\

See how you show that you are a devil?

John 13:15 already says you are a Liar just like satan.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
vdestro:
■ See how you show that you are a devil? John 13:15 already says you are a Liar just like satan.
Una problem be say una no dey read to comprehend at all. Jesus Christ washed the feet of his followers and asked them to also wash each other's feet. What in that implies that Jesus Christ asked His followers to follow in His footsteps? No be brain damage be this reasoning for crying out loud! undecided
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Even your pastors and mogs do not understand much of what they blindly teach to others, a lack of understanding made evident by the fact they don't even live by much of what they preach. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not call His followers to follow His footsteps. Rather, He called each and everyone of them to obey His teachings and commandments, a huge departure from what you claim there. Following the footsteps of Jesus Christ would imply living in submission to the Old Law of Moses which God sealed over 1900 years ago meaning no soul can be by it.

Additionally, Jesus Christ was not Himself born-again given He is the one the Life from whom those

Your notion of Christianity, and clearly your understanding of Jesus Christ is of religious gibberish, and not the truth of God. undecided

3. What you stand on has no bearing in Jesus Christ who instead made clear that many will fall away if they do not continually abide in Him. undecided
You said that following the footsteps of Jesus implys being submissive to the old law, was Jesus submissive to the old law? What was his disagreement with the Jews then and why are Jews not christians today, following the footsteps of Jesus Christ I mean is living the example that Jesus set, and how can Jesus be born again if Christian are born again in him? And you are claiming to know Jesus Christ but you are proving that you don't even know who he is or why he came in the first place, that you are judging Christianity by what you see or think you see about those that claim to be pastors or whoever means again that you don't know the word, if you know, you will know that there are many who sincerely believe that they know God and Jesus but don't and that it's not by saying that you are a Christian that makes you a Christian or guarantees salvation, and based on your comment, I can confidently say that you are not a Christian, even though you may think that you are one, have you ever asked God to reveal who Jesus Christ is to you? You may want to try that and compare with what you think you know.
To your no 3, point, isn't it ironic that someone who is claiming that God knows everything and everyone from the beginning will say that God doesn't know again who will be SAVED?
If you believe that God knows everyone even before they were born, you must agree that He knows exactly THOSE that will understand and accept the truth and be SAVED, God doesn't make mistakes and He isn't in the business of trial and error, He has a plan and purpose for every single person He created, the bible said that God created man for his own pleasure and purpose and no one will question Him, I still say no christian will be lost as Jesus said that none if His own will be lost, anyone that gets lost is never a Christian in the first place, that's what I am saying and the only way for you to disprove that is to prove that God doesn't know what a person he created will be or that there is something that God doesn't know
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una problem be say una no dey read to comprehend at all. Jesus Christ washed the feet of his followers and asked them to also wash each other's feet. What in that implies that Jesus Christ asked His followers to follow in His footsteps? No be brain damage be this reasoning for crying out loud! undecided

If you had indeed comprehended what God was teaching then you would have seen that it is not only washing of feet He did to them.

He also fished them out as they too followed Him and fished others out.

He also fed them as they too followed Him and fed others.

He empowered them as they too followed Him and empowered others.

So, clearly it is not only washing of their feet He did to them and everything He did to them, they too followed Him and did also. So you see, you don lose.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 7:39am On Jul 21, 2023
mbaise1000:

You said that following the footsteps of Jesus implys being submissive to the old law, was Jesus submissive to the old law? What was his disagreement with the Jews then ...

Please go check it out, which of what you call old Laws did Christ disobey? Even the disciples kept the sabbath after His Ascension. (And dont mind koboju, he too thought this until i pointed it out to him)

mbaise1000:

and why are Jews not christians today,

Go check it out. Even in Moses's presence they were antiGod and AntiChrist and remained so.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2023
vdestro:

Please go check it out, which of what you call old Laws did Christ disobey? Even the disciples kept the sabbath after His Ascension. (And dont mind koboju, he too thought this until i pointed it out to him)

Go check it out. Even in Moses's presence they were antiGod and AntiChrist and remained so.
The Jews were never antiGod but my question is, why were they antichrist?
And are christians encouraged to disobeyed the old law? What Christians know according to the bible is that if you are in Christ, you are no longer under the law, while Jesus said He did not come to condemn the law but to fulfill the law, if you can figure how He fulfilled that law and why he did not condemn the law, you will not be in the confusion you are in. What I mean by your condition is, you don't seem to understand what the law says.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
mbaise1000:
You said that following the footsteps of Jesus implys being submissive to the old law, was Jesus submissive to the old law?
■ What was his disagreement with the Jews then
■ and why are Jews not christians today, following the footsteps of Jesus Christ I mean is living the example that Jesus set,
■ and how can Jesus be born again if Christian are born again in him? ...
Stop arguing for the sake of argument abeg!

1. Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience to God's Old Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. He was after all an Israelite and born bound by that Law so He had to follow it in order to obtain righteousness by the Law as expected by God of all born of Israel. undecided

2. His disagreement was with God's former shepherds, those who God Himself disavowed - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 & John 10 vs 1 - 16. These people -- the Priests, pharisees, teachers of the Law along with their many blind followers--- He called hypocrites as rather than teach God's commandments to the people, they formulated doctrines and traditions --- Religion --- which they taught in place of God's absolute Law to God's people. undecided

3. The term Jews refers to Israelites who are descended from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi -- they formed the nation of Judah aka the Jewish Nation. Your question is very vague as I do not really understand if your expectations is instead that they ought to have been cajoled into acceptance or something. undecided

4. Yet another unclear question. I don't believe I ever said that Jesus Christ was born-again so I am not certain where this is coming from or going to. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 6:29am On Jul 23, 2023
mbaise1000:

The Jews were never antiGod but my question is, why were they antichrist?

Go and read Exodus again and see how they resisted and annoyed God all the way, that even Moses in Deuteronmy had to complain that he knows that after he dies that they would not walk with God again.

mbaise1000:

And are christians encouraged to disobeyed the old law? What Christians know according to the bible is that if you are in Christ, you are no longer under the law, while Jesus said He did not come to condemn the law but to fulfill the law, if you can figure how He fulfilled that law and why he did not condemn the law, you will not be in the confusion you are in. What I mean by your condition is, you don't seem to understand what the law says.

It is you who does not understand the bible.

Christ came and kept The Law and He even openly declared it that He was not challenging The Law. His Disciples also kept The Law, so how can you wannabe christ likes not want to keep The Law?

You obviously dont know that Paul was a lawyer and his letters were a lawyers letter on Law and he did not say you are not under Law as you laymen interprete it, which is why Peter warned you people to be carefull of Paul's letters because they are what you call a legal document.

If Christ kept The Law, then common sense should tell you that being like Christ demands that you keep The Law, most especially as He Expressly Said so in Mathew 19:17
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
vdestro:

Go and read Exodus again and see how they resisted and annoyed God all the way, that even Moses in Deuteronmy had to complain that he knows that after he dies that they would not walk with God again.

It is you who does not understand the bible.

Christ came and kept The Law and He even openly declared it that He was not challenging The Law. His Disciples also kept The Law, so how can you wannabe christ likes not want to keep The Law?

You obviously dont know that Paul was a lawyer and his letters were a lawyers letter on Law and he did not say you are not under Law as you laymen interprete it, which is why Peter warned you people to be carefull of Paul's letters because they are what you call a legal document.

If Christ kept The Law, then common sense should tell you that being like Christ demands that you keep The Law, most especially as He Expressly Said so in Mathew 19:17

You show me where Peter condemned Paul's epistle as just a lawyer's a legal document and I will show you where Peter said that the type of people who challenge Paul's teachings are unlearned and unstable people, and that they do so to their own destruction, are you in this group? Now you are proving your understanding of the bible and it's warped, you certainly don't understand Paul better than Peter understand him.
What exactly DID the law say? Like I said if you can figure out how Jesus fulfilled that law and why He didn't condemn or cancel it, you be free from this obvious confusion.
Have you asked why Jesus told the young man who claimed to have kept the whole law that something still REMAINS? What is that thing that REMAINS? These are the types of things you need to figure out and not claiming to know the bible as you are trying to do
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:

1. Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience to God's Old Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. He was after all an Israelite and born bound by that Law so He had to follow it in order to obtain righteousness by the Law as expected by God of all born of Israel. undecided

2. His disagreement was with God's former shepherds, those who God Himself disavowed - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 & John 10 vs 1 - 16. These people -- the Priests, pharisees, teachers of the Law along with their many blind followers--- He called hypocrites as rather than teach God's commandments to the people, they formulated doctrines and traditions --- Religion --- which they taught in place of God's absolute Law to God's people. undecided

3. The term Jews refers to Israelites who are descended from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi -- they formed the nation of Judah aka the Jewish Nation. Your question is very vague as I do not really understand if your expectations is instead that they ought to have been cajoled into acceptance or something. undecided

4. Yet another unclear question. I don't believe I ever said that Jesus Christ was born-again so I am not certain where this is coming from or going to. undecided

Maybe you read about that young man who claimed to have kept all the commandments, and Jesus Christ told him that something still REMAINS, you may want to know what still remains after all the laws since you said the law is enough, I have never said one should depart from the law of God but I am saying that after the law, something still remains, this is the difference between CHRISTIANS and non Christians, the problem with many is that they don't understand who Jesus Christ is and doesn't even understand what the law they keep shouting about says, CHRISTIANS believe the bible where it says that those in Jesus Christ are no longer under the law, being a Christian in the first place includes keeping the commandments of God, your proof of Christianity include keeping the commandments of God, and keeping those commandments without Jesus Christ is abstract, that is why we say that anyone that dies as a muslim will never be SAVED so is anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Maybe you read about that young man who claimed to have kept all the commandments, and Jesus Christ told him that something still REMAINS, you may want to know what still remains after all the laws since you said the law is enough, I have never said one should depart from the law of God but I am saying that after the law, something still remains, this is the difference between CHRISTIANS and non Christians, the problem with many is that they don't understand who Jesus Christ is and doesn't even understand what the law they keep shouting about says, CHRISTIANS believe the bible where it says that those in Jesus Christ are no longer under the law, being a Christian in the first place includes keeping the commandments of God, your proof of Christianity include keeping the commandments of God, and keeping those commandments without Jesus Christ is abstract, that is why we say that anyone that dies as a muslim will never be SAVED so is anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by vdestro: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
mbaise1000:

You show me where Peter condemned Paul's epistle as just a lawyer's a legal document and I will show you where Peter said that the type of people who challenge Paul's teachings are unlearned and unstable people, and that they do so to their own destruction, are you in this group? Now you are proving your understanding of the bible and it's warped, you certainly don't understand Paul better than Peter understand him.
What exactly DID the law say? Like I said if you can figure out how Jesus fulfilled that law and why He didn't condemn or cancel it, you be free from this obvious confusion.
Have you asked why Jesus told the young man who claimed to have kept the whole law that something still REMAINS? What is that thing that REMAINS? These are the types of things you need to figure out and not claiming to know the bible as you are trying to do

It is your own self you jeopardize when you do not heed warnings. And the mere fact that you read and twisted what Peter said about you unlearned people reading Paul's letters just tells me that you are no Christian.

No wahala, God is coming to judge all.
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
vdestro:

It is your own self you jeopardize when you do not heed warnings. And the mere fact that you read and twisted what Peter said about you unlearned people reading Paul's letters just tells me that you are no Christian.

No wahala, God is coming to judge all.

That is not the correct response to my comment, just show me what you said in the bible and I repeat I will show you what Peter said about THOSE that challenge Paul and what type of people they are, you are the ones, twisting Peter's words about Paul, bring your proof and I will bring mine, or you stay out of what you don't know, of you are facing the judgement of God you are talking about, don't open or comment on threads and topics you don't understand, it's not by force to comment
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Jul 24, 2023
mbaise1000:
■ Maybe you read about that young man who claimed to have kept all the commandments, and Jesus Christ told him that something still REMAINS, you may want to know what still remains after all the laws since you said the law is enough,
■I have never said one should depart from the law of God but I am saying that after the law, something still remains, this is the difference between CHRISTIANS and non Christians, the problem with many is that they don't understand who Jesus Christ is and doesn't even understand what the law they keep shouting about says, CHRISTIANS believe the bible where it says that those in Jesus Christ are no longer under the law, being a Christian in the first place includes keeping the commandments of God, your proof of Christianity include keeping the commandments of God, and keeping those commandments without Jesus Christ is abstract, that is why we say that anyone that dies as a muslim will never be SAVED so is anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ.
Could you please stop flailing around the place — arguing for the sake of argument? I don't know how the above connects if at all to my previous post or where this discussion started. Stop thinking it is OK to through all worms that crawl through your mind at this hoping something will stick.... it doesn't work at all when it comes to God's Truth. undecided

Again, much of what you typed up there amounts to religious gibberish. It doesn't explain what it means to be born-again neither does it capture the fact that even Jesus Christ made clear that only those born-agains who stand faithful until the end will be saved. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Many Believers Grow Cold, Lose The Fire, And Peak Out Spiritually?. by mbaise1000: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Could you please stop flailing around the place — arguing for the sake of argument? I don't know how the above connects if at all to my previous post or where this discussion started. Stop thinking it is OK to through all worms that crawl through your mind at this hoping something will stick.... it doesn't work at all when it comes to God's Truth. undecided

Again, much of what you typed up there amounts to religious gibberish. It doesn't explain what it means to be born-again neither does it capture the fact that even Jesus Christ made clear that only those born-agains who stand faithful until the end will be saved. undecided

It certainly connects to your post just that MAYBE you don't even know what you said in the first place, BTW who is saying that those that are not faithful to the end will be saved? Can one who is not born again be faithful in the first place? Faith without being born again is abstract, that's my point, you can argue with that all you want but your argument won't change the reality

(1) (Reply)

Praise And Worship Songs With Misleading Lyrics We Sing In Church / Breaking: Popular Clergy Dies As Predicted By Pro. Kingsley / Chris Oyakilome ! You Are Next By God Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.