Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

How Can I Start A Transport Company? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Start A Transport Company? (307 Views)

Please Advice, I Want To Start A Transport Business / How To Start Up A Transport/logistics Company In Nigeria (the Complete Guide) / Starting A Transport Business, Siena Vs Bus, Budget 1million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Start A Transport Company? by BaEnki(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
Basically a bus transport company plying the west to East & North. How much would set this up & what are the things I needed to know?

Please I need your inputs.
Seun
Nlpfmod
Mynd44
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
- buy buses
- know the market
- bring something different than the competition
- train your staff well
- take care of the buses
- MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by ahnie: 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
- buy buses
- know the market
- train your staff well
- take care of the buses
The drivers mustnt be like that of God is good motors
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by Dshocker(m): 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
BaEnki:
Basically a bus transport company plying the west to East & North. How much would set this up & what are the things I needed to know?

Please I need your inputs.
Seun
Nlpfmod
Mynd44

Better go look for something else to do, stay away from transportation, unless you want to drive it yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by BaEnki(m): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2023
Dshocker:

Better go look for something else to do, stay away from transportation, unless you want to drive it yourself.

My plan is to employ well trained modern drivers & retrain them.
Please could you shed more light on why I should stay away from this?
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by BaEnki(m): 7:04am On Jul 21, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
- buy buses
- know the market
- train your staff well
- take care of the buses

Thank you so much, how much do you think will start this on a smaller scale?
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by Dshocker(m): 10:22am On Jul 21, 2023
BaEnki:

My plan is to employ well trained modern drivers & retrain them.
Please could you shed more light on why I should stay away from this?

And you think you training will have any impact on them?

All the transporters plying those route are diabolical.

Everybody wants to make it, so those driver are after what they can get for themselves, they won't care for your company.

That money you want to use for transport, invest it into manufacturing.

Nigeria has large market for any finished goods.
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
BaEnki:
Thank you so much, how much do you think will start this on a smaller scale?

depends on so many different variable...
- type of bus
- type of facilities
- type of salaries
- percentage of personal involvement in the business
- amount of staff
etc etc
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by BaEnki(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Dshocker:

And you think you training will have any impact on them?

All the transporters plying those route are diabolical.

Everybody wants to make it, so those driver are after what they can get for themselves, they won't care for your company.

That money you want to use for transport, invest it into manufacturing.

Nigeria has large market for any finished goods.

Thank you so much, about the manufacturing, what would you suggest?

Let’s say what N15-30m would start. I was looking into the alcohol market, don’t know how feasible that would be.
Re: How Can I Start A Transport Company? by Hughehade01: 1:32pm On Apr 07
Starting a transport company requires meticulous planning and strategic steps. Begin by conducting thorough market research to identify potential niches and competitors. Next, draft a comprehensive business plan outlining your objectives, target market, and financial projections. Secure necessary permits, licenses, and insurance. Acquire suitable vehicles and ensure they undergo regular maintenance. Additionally, establish strong relationships with suppliers and consider leveraging resources like yanmar customer service for efficient fleet management. Finally, prioritize excellent customer service to build a loyal client base and foster growth.

(1) (Reply)

Brando Konnect: Unlimited Data, Fast And Cheap / Ofala Ojoto2023: Forbes-rated Real Estate Mogul, Dr Ned Okonkwo Chairs Planning / Alibaba Money Solutions:buy Extremely Low From China To Sell High In Nigeria/usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.