Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark (6228 Views)

Nwoko: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten Protest In Abuja If Sowore Is Not Arrested / Prevail On FG To Let Biafra Go, Ex-N-delta Agitators Beg UN, Int’l Community / Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Kuginzi: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Edwin Clark has condemned the comparison between Niger Delta agitators and bandits in Northern Nigeria.

In a Thursday press statement, the Convener of the Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), called out Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi and a former Zamfara State governor, Ahmad Yerima, for repeatedly demanding that the Federal Government should grant amnesty to bandits just as the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua did to the Niger Delta agitators.

According to him, the Niger Delta agitators had legitimate demands contrary to the bandits whom he described as “murderous, bloodthirsty villains”.

“Sheikh Abubakar Gumi, Alhaji Ahmed Yerima and their cohorts, who seem to be ignorant and envious of the Amnesty granted by late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, in August 2009, and which was opened for embracing until 4th October 2009, by the then Niger Delta agitators, are advised to go back to history.

"The case of the Niger Delta agitators is quite different from the case of these murderous, blood-thirsty villains, who have taken up arms against the state, using different names, whether as Boko Haram, bandits, killer herdsmen, kidnappers, etc.

"What is it they are demanding? Initially, we were told that as Boko Haram, they were against Western education; they started killing, maiming, and destroying properties. Then they changed and we were told that some of them have changed to answer bandits, and all sorts of names,” Clark said.

He added, “I reiterate again, that the attempt to equate the Niger Delta Amnesty with the northern bandits is not only criminal, but obnoxious and unconscionable.

“The whole idea of comparing the Niger Delta militants who are exposed to all kinds of diseases, illnesses and deprivations, as a result of oil exploration, with people whom we are told are not Nigerians, who enter into the country illegally, thus violating the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) protocol, is very inhuman.”

The elder statesman also disagreed with a statement he said was credited to the Chief of Army Staff, Major Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, where he suggested that the amnesty programme has failed in Zamfara and other states, insisting rather that the programme has succeeded in Niger Delta.

“The statement of the Chief of Army Staff comes across to me as a proposal for the scrapping of the amnesty granted to legitimate agitators for a better life and environment by the Niger Delta youths. If my understanding is correct, I seriously disagree with the Chief of Army Staff.

“I will rather advise him to consult through the past records of his former colleagues since the inception of the Fourth Republic in 1999, viz Lt. Gen. Victor Malu, Lt. Gen. Alexander Ogomudia, Lt. Gen. Martin Agwai, Lt. Gen. Owoye Azazi, Lt. Gen. Luka Yusuf, Lt. Gen. Bello Dambazau, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, and his predecessor in office, Maj. Gen. Farouk Yahaya, the state of insecurity in the Niger Delta before the granting of the Amnesty, and what it is now.

“I am confident that the Niger Delta Amnesty Programme has succeeded in bringing peace to Niger Delta particularly the vandalisation of oil pipelines and oil platforms. He should note that “Operation Crocodile Smile” could not stop the insecurity in the Niger Delta,” Clark stated.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/20/amnesty-niger-delta-agitators-had-legitimate-demands-unlike-bandits-clark/

16 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Bitterhelineus: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
Una still dey argue this thing?

Helinues and APC ronu addicts are terrorists shikena

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by TemplarLandry: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
There's nothing like legitimate evil.

I'm blasting “OVER DEM” by Davido. Great jam!

21 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by OloYeOfEgbE: 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
Weak weak weak...

We are tired of all these old men biko...how old were they when they were in charge of Nigeria

Please let all of them shut up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by limeta(f): 2:47am On Jul 21, 2023
The kind of so call leaders niger delta breed
All talk, imagine what they engage themselves with
Just imagine the oil was in sokoto .

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Kenosky1: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2023
It is true that Niger Delta agitators had genuine demands especially due to the degradation of their environment by oil spill caused by corroded pipelines and defective oil and gas equipment. Also General Sani Abacha invited them to Abuja and the people were shocked to see the level of development in the city while the region that produced the wealth is in a state of comatose. However men like Asari Dokubo used the opportunity to steal from the government and his people all in the name of 'the struggle'.
Payment of money to agitators should end as it is benefiting a few and encouraging criminality, the money will be used for schools, hospitals and building of roads and other infrastructures.

BANDITS ARE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD BE WIPED OUT, REHABILITATING THEM IS NOT WORKING

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by ATEAMS: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Fact

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by oluwaseyi0: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Bandit are terrorist created by the north for the north

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Olive344: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2023
Good
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by inoki247: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by ScrapMetals: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by jumper524(m): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2023
If only the previous times we negotiated with bandits, they had showed glimpse of stopping the evil acts, maybe we would consider the pleas of negotiating with them but instead, negotiating is just an avenue to empower those evil people.
Infact at this point, I no longer support the safety of kidnapped civilian at their custody which they use as avenue to ensure safety from military, the military should go full blown on those evil bastards.

I must warn us to brace up as those calling for negotiation with these evil set of people would definitely plan a major attack to destabilise the country in coming days, the military and the DSS should be proactive in going against this evil people and their sponsors.
Bring the heat to those evil people even if they have legal backing.
Put pressure for their tail make them no say the era of condoning those rubbish should arrive at an end soonest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Badguy77(m): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2023
People wey dey sponsor bandits dey beg to give bandits amnesty... But it won't work..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Ikpunnegi01: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Bitterhelineus:
Una still dey argue this thing?

Helinues and APC ronu addicts are terrorists shikena
fullstop!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Skillsnigeria: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by theophorus(m): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Hmmm! Well anything and anyone can claim legitimacy until the effect of some actions they are claiming legitimacy for causes some illegitimate things to their family.
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by RepoMan007: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2023
True. ND militants didn't cry about false poverty.
How can poor people afford riffles, kidnap those who can't afford riffles and deserve amnesty above those they kidnap?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2023
What do they even have? Cow? Onion? Beans? Tiger nuts? Colanuts... These are goods that is only beneficial to the north alone and not for the entire Nigeria... Sheikh Gumi and Yerima Make una rest...

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by mainman7(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2023
Exactly! So, the bloodthirsty wicked Souls that have no value for Human lives can actually beg for Mercy?! Wow! My People,is God not Wonderful?! We really thank Almighty for not allowing Atiku to enter, he would Never have tackled the killing of indigenous Nigerians by Bandits and Herdsmen as Tinubu is doing currently. Did you know that Fulanis Alotted to themselves more than 80% of all the Existing Oil Wells in Nigeria?!!! Even though they had no Petroleum in any of their States. So, you can imagine the massive Power they weldge over the Industry because Nigerians refused to be Courageous and Unite against them in the Past.

The Truth is the Truth, I don't know why many are too cowardly to face the Real Enemies of Nigerians. One thing that is still vexing me and my Guys it that buying Fuel for higher price is totally unacceptable! Unfortunately, many are too gullible that they have been mentally Deceived by the Invaders that believed that they can always easily Manipulate Indigenous Nigerians even when they are not the President. This is a chance to Prove that most Nigerians can Read handwritings of those behind the Scene of the current Nigerians Sufferings or not.

Have you heard the latest Confession from that Man that is close to the Fualni NNPC Controllers?!!! Pls, share here and on all Social Media if you have the Link to the Video and Audio. The man exposed that Tinubu was emphasizing just before Subsidy Removal that the new Price should be N400 and which he said was also guaranteed to gradually come down to N150 or less through Marketing Deregulation. Unfortunately, the Fulani Cabals that hated that their Nigerian Trillions that they've stolen in Name of Subsidy has now been stopped have chosen to do exactly the Opposite since they are still in Charge of NNPC. You and I also watched how their Thieving Petroleum Vessels are being Bombed since Tinubu came in. All these made them to still Jack up the Price of Petrol again just to make the Nigerian Masses to hate Tinubu that is Fighting the Cabals Tooth and Nail to Liberate the Jugular of Nigerians' Future from their Stranglehold!

Tinubu can not Fight this Battle alone, at least he has Courageously used Military Power to Stop them from the wanton massive Killings of Indigenous Original Nigerian People all over Nigeria in the Name of Islamic Bandits and Herdmen! Let's Support him with every Fiber of our Being to Win this Battle for all Indigenous Nigerians!!!

You and I used to say we could Not Fight Fulani Satanic Plans of Enslaving Indigenous Nigerians when Buhari and his Fualni Brothers were in Power for most times since Independence. Now that we have a Southerner, how do you think he can Speedily help Destroy and Reverse their Slavery from over Nigeria when you are so gullibly Deceived to hate him that is Fighting tooth and Nail to make all Indigenous Nigerian enjoy our Fatherland without being Enslaved and even brutally Killed by these so called heartless beasts called Fuulanis?!

I knew this! My friends were discussing it with me yesterday, Tinubu is not a Wicked Soul that would increase Price for 2nd Time within such a short Time! I knew the evil ones that still top NNPC are trying to get the Masses to hate Tinubu, but they shall miserable Fail again in Jesus' Powerful Name as they Failed miserably in their Satanic bid to stop the Great Man from becoming President!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by southsouthking(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2023
If I many ask what is the agitation of the bandits in the Northern Nigeria? Because I know if what this group is doing was from other regions of the country we all know what could have happened by now look at the Eastern state for example.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Those terrorist have the gut to demand amnesty for murderous bandits and boko boys. Because Buhari was their patron. Power have changed hands. The government securities must fish them out and kill those bastards. That's why I love America. They don't negotiate with terrorists. They match them down! Ask Osama and co. Animals.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by NaijaStore: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Hmm
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by ovie8200: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Let the northerners eat thier terrorists.
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by sonnie10: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2023
Same divide and rule tactics.
Very soon, the fat frog will bring SE into the matter.
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by Judolisco(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2023
With all d money wey dey go una place na only few of una dey chop am
Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by NOwazobia: 8:45am On Jul 21, 2023
That shouldn't even be debated.

What are the bandits and Boko Haram fighting for?

They obliterate full community, rip open pregnant women, rape young girls, kidnapped young kids and indoctrinate them.

Kill old men and old women, seize lands and properties, burn schools and church's, and destroy Hamlets and clear villages.

So, who and what are they fighting for?

Was this how the Niger Delta militant operated when they were given amnesty?

The Niger Delta Militant only targeted oil installations, and defended themselves against military onslaught to drive home their demands.

They never killed their own people, they never destroy their own villages, they never burn down schools, mosques and churches.

Infact, this was what convince the government that their demands was genuine, because they always protected their people and villages, why targeted the objects of the protest.

Same cannot be said of the North that even rip open month old children, and feed on the blood of their villages.

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark by flexyrule(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2023
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Uduaghan Commissions 100 Buses To Boost Transportation In Delta State / 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World, Number 1 Will Shock You!! / Who Is Aliko Dangote Wife Presently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.