Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Love And Godliness I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love And Godliness I (76 Views)

Contentment And Godliness / Is Cleanliness Really Next To Godliness? / Orderliness And Godliness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love And Godliness I by kpakpandoN(m): 6:32am On Jul 21, 2023
One great proof of godliness is seen in the death of our Lord Jesus Christ, who sacrificed His life for us in love. He expressly commands us to love, according to John 13:34-35:

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another”

By the rate at which hatred is growing among some self-professing believers, we can ask, “Where is the fulfilment of this commandment?” There could be many reasons for this unpleasant development in the Body of Christ. One is the loss of focus on heaven – where we all aspire to spend eternity. Related to that is the love for this present age. When a person begins to feel jealousy towards another, hatred develops and before long, godliness is thrown to the wind. In 1 John 4:7-10, taken from verse 7, John – the Apostle of love, wrote:

“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God”
1 John 4:7.

The above Scripture shows the importance of love among brethren. Beloved, are you living in love? Remember, if you are not living in love, you are in death, according to 1 John 3:14, which says:

“We know that we have passed from death unto life because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death”

Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13:4-6:

“Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth”

Be sure to remove hatred from your heart today, if you do not want all your Christian service to be in vain on the last day. There’s no godliness without love.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of Heaven / Open The Rose / Encounter With Onli Yahnwesaves Viii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.