Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Start 'meditating' On The Scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Start 'meditating' On The Scriptures (100 Views)

Meditating On God's Word / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Start 'meditating' On The Scriptures by Btruth: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Start ‘meditating’ on the Scriptures

Fri, 21 Jul 2023

‘Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.’ Psalm 119:97

Andrew Murray wrote, ‘There is a direct connection between the degree to which you succeed in life and the time you spend meditating on God’s Word.’ God told Joshua, ‘Meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will … have good success’ (Joshua 1:8 NKJV). We live in the age of ADD. We once believed that if we had more material things, we would feel happier. But it doesn’t work. The more things we acquire, the more we have to protect, insure, maintain, stress out over, and keep up with. Jesus said, ‘One’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses’ (Luke 12:15 NKJV). So, what’s the answer? ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength’ (Isaiah 30:15 NKJV). In Pathways to Power, Merrill F. Unger writes: ‘This holy exercise of pondering over the Word, chewing it as an animal chews its cud to get its sweetness and nutritive virtue … takes time, which ill fits into the speed of our modern age. Today most Christians’ devotions are too hurried, their lives too rushed.’ The psalmist David said: ‘I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me’ (Psalm 63:6-8 NKJV). Slow down. Take time to meditate on God’s Word. Your survival, strength, and success depend on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Start 'meditating' On The Scriptures by Righthussle: 8:58am On Jul 21, 2023
Meditate alone. We now understand what organised Religion is.

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional Guide By Dr Pastor Paul Enenche 21/7/23 / Excerpts From My Sunday Service Jotting / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/07/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.