Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain (19000 Views)

Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Elianmotor: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2023
Crashing lightning and heavy downpours can purpose most important risks on the street, but did you already know even a light drizzle or foggy climate can boom your chance for an accident?
As a driving force, it’s important to recognize the way to drive inside the rain. Even in case you live in a place that rarely sees moist climate, understanding what to do whilst roads are moist permit you to stay secure in case you get stuck in a rainstorm. Observe these ten critical recommendations for using within the rain to lower your hazard of an coincidence on gloomy days.

1. Keep away from Bald Tyres
Keeping your tyres in proper repair is a part of fundamental vehicle upkeep, but it’s in particular important if the road is wet. As you pressure, the tread for your tyres wears down over time. The much less tread to your tyres, the much less grip they've on the road. A tyre with little to no tread left is called a bald tyre.
Once you upload water to the street, bald tyres emerge as greater risky than earlier than. Often take a look at the tread in your tyres to make certain you have adequate tread depth for safe driving.

2. Do not Use Cruise control
Cruise control and wet roads don’t blend. You need to make certain you’re alert the entire time you’re riding in moist weather. If you use cruise control, you could find your thoughts wandering and now not paying sufficient attention to the road.
The use of cruise manage in rain can also increase your probabilities of hydroplaning. Hydroplaning is whilst your car skims over the top of a wet avenue and also you lose manage. The water creates a barrier among the street surface and your tyres, leaving you without traction.

3. Put On The Headlights
It’s a very good idea to turn on your headlights in horrific weather, irrespective of whether or not it’s presently raining. Your headlights make your car more seen to different drivers and pedestrians. Headlights additionally increase your capability to look the road and people round you.
A few motors have daylight hours walking lighting that automatically come on when the automobile is on. In wet or foggy climate, you’ll need to switch from strolling lights to headlights. Turning for your headlights additionally engages your hind lights, which don’t come on with strolling lighting. Rear lights make it less difficult for automobiles in the back of you to look you when the climate is horrific.

4. Understand the way to cope with Hydroplaning
You can hydroplane every time there is standing water on the street. In fact, it doesn’t take a lot water to cause a car to hydroplane.
When you notice hydroplane, follow these procedures

Don’t panic, most hydroplanes last only some moments.

Ease your foot off the gas, however do now not brake. Braking can reason your tires to fasten up and your vehicle to spin out.

Focus on riding ahead and avoid making turns. You’ll likely sense a slight jerk while your automobile regains traction.

5. Take away Foggy windows
Moisture on your vehicle’s cabin ends in foggy home windows and low visibility. Avoid riding with foggy home windows by using beginning a window or using the defrost setting in your weather control to dispose of the fog. If you find your self with foggy home windows at the same time as riding, you could use these techniques as well. Don't forget to tug over and wait until you can see again if foggy windows make it hard to see out of your windshield.

Moisture in your vehicle’s cabin results in foggy windows and occasional visibility. Keep away from driving with foggy home windows with the aid of starting a window or the use of the defrost placing for your climate control to eliminate the fog. If you find your self with foggy windows at the same time as using, you may use these strategies as properly. Don't forget to tug over and wait till you could see again if foggy windows make it tough to see from your windshield.

6. Make Use Of Your Windshield Wipers
Your car's windshield wipers are made to prevent moisture off your windshield. Activate your windshield wipers as quickly as it starts raining to offer your self the satisfactory variety of sight. Use the best setting you want to feel cozy while driving within the rain.

Make sure you preserve your windshield wipers in excellent circumstance. Test them often, consisting of when you prevent for gas, to make sure they’re not brittle or cracked. As windshield wipers gets older, the rubber edges that push water off your windshield begin to crack and flake. This may motive wipers to no characteristic nicely, leaving you with streaks of water or portions of rubber for your windshield that make it difficult to peer.

7. Reduce Your Car Speed
Usually take some time whilst using in wet climate. Going too fast whilst it’s raining can cause you to hydroplane. In addition, water on the street makes it harder to prevent speedy. Reduce your speed inside the rain, specifically when making turns. However, do maintain interest on the rate of the automobiles round you. Bear in mind to chorus from needless braking.

8. Prevent Areas With Water
In case you come across status or going for walks water on the roadway, by no means try to cross it in your car. Even though motors are large, heavy gadgets, it most effective takes about a foot of water to drift maximum vehicles. You’re probably to lose control of your vehicle at simplest six inches of water.
Force slowly if you ought to go through a place of status water. Must the water attain the bottom of your automobile doors, flip around and look for an opportunity course. Even as you may not get swept away, water getting into your vehicle’s engine and mechanical structures can cause extreme harm.

9. CREATE DISTANCE AMONG CARS
As a protecting driver, you must preserve a watch on how a good deal room you've got among your vehicle and different drivers. This turns into greater critical whilst the street is wet. You won’t be capable of prevent your car as quick on a wet street than you may on a dry avenue. In truth, braking difficult on a wet avenue often.

10. Stay Alert and keep away from Distractions
While the rain starts to return down, it’s essential which you’re no longer using distracted. Similarly to staying off your telephone and avoiding different sports at the same time as riding, keep your eyes open for capacity risks on the street. In case you’re approaching an intersection, as an instance, take a glance and spot if there are other automobiles coming near from the crossroad. Be privy to how fast they’re transferring so you can plan to prevent speedy or keep away from the opposite automobiles if they could’t stop well.
FINAL NOTE
Taking precautions, slowing down and staying alert will let you stay safe when using within the rain. You ought to also ensure your vehicle coverage is up to date earlier than you need to force in wet weather. This helps you be prepared in case of an coincidence as a result of the rain.
https://elianmotor..com/2023/07/10-tips-for-driving-inside-rain.html

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by kokoBoii: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please what drug can I use to make someone sleep like a piece of wood that even if you flog the person Cain with force, they will not wake up? It should be something that a 12 year old can take

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
You see that number 7?

Nigerians no dey gree use their sense for that aspect. Some of them will still speed with very smooth tire again.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by BigDawsNet: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Don't speed
Turn on or keep the AC on (The air conditioning can be quite useful in defogging the windshield in the winter)

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by PHZADDY1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
No be commercial motorists get this posts sha grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by sukkot: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
put caution light on

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Tekzyflex(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Put on your air conditioner.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by VICKYLIVE(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nowadays there are alot of distraction when driving.
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Okayoooo
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by VICKYLIVE(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Land Available For sale In Abuja : Garki, kwuba
at affordable price.

Dm me with your Budget.

Serious Buyers
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by geedot: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Don't turn on AC while driving through a flooded area. You risk having the AC fan sprinkling water all over your engine and electrical equipment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Treasure17(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
That's when the danfo guys start behaving like fast and furious.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by plumule(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
The "wrongest" time to give driving advice.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by osuofia2(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Don't speed
Turn off the AC
I hope you are ok?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Hezzyluv: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
As important as that number 9 is, most people don't keep it to cognisant. Na pumpr2pumper.

Even trucks dey give small vehicles close marking undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Alvinonetus(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nice
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by innocentdude(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
1 - 10
Don't drive in the rain

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Wearehereagain: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Mention me for your free Social media page content.
Completely free.
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Manuelson665(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
I saw one idiot speed past me on the third mainland bridge as if they killed cow in his house , on descending from the bridge I saw his car has collided with another car from behind. I smiled especially when I saw him begging.

For this Tinubu time , he will repair that car to the last. Idiat!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Joshdigital: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
tongue
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by KellinX: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2023

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by virginboy1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
One day all the big boys and girls should open a give away thread for nairalanders. grin

Many Nigerians are going through a lot ooo.

Forget the phonie and packaging we all see online. undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Ekakamba: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
cool
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by Calitoscassius(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
innocentdude:
1 - 10
Don't drive in the rain
Full stop!
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by tunjijones(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
Put on your double pointer and put on your ac, dont drive fast and you will be fine.

And if you feel you can't do any of these three mentioned above, then don't drive when it's raining. If you have already started driving when the rain start, park off the road and make sure you put on your double pointer.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
MY MUM IS VERY OVER PROTECTIVE,

SHE ALWAYS WANT THE SECURITY PERSONALS TO DRIVE ME THIS DAYS

AND IF I TELL THOSE OFFICERS TO LET ME DRIVE A LITTLE THEY WILL POLITELY SAY THE ROAD AND THE COUNTRY IS NOT SAFE ANY MORE.
SAME APPLIES OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY, I JUST HAVE TO BE DRIVEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE.

AND I KEEP ASKING MYSELF WHAT IS THE POINT OF LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE,

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASON I DON'T LIKE EVIL BUHARI GOVERNMENTS,
HE DID NOTING FOR THE POOR AND NOTHING FOR THE COUNTRY.

JESUS IS THE ONLY SAVIOUR

WEALTH IS GOOD.
Re: 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain by szen(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
Is there a way you can make that number 7 bigger and bolder? In fact, move it to number 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) / Nissan Creates Self-Parking Slippers,Tables & Cushions Based On ProPilot Tech / Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.