Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? (1641 Views)

Weird Conversation Between Nairalander And Chatgpt / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Choose Between Rats And Mosquitoes, Which Will You Prefer To Go Into Extinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by siofra(f): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
How do I create a poll on nairaland?

Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique. A little help please.

After months of using chat gpt, I still prefer using Google to it. Chat gpt is very vague.

Normally, I don't use it sef. For example, I was looking for the duration of something three weeks ago, out of curiosity, I asked chat gpt first, it said a few weeks. It didn't give me a definite number. But when I asked Google, it gave me the exact number from a website which was correct.

What about you, which do you prefer using to find information?

Google or ChatGPT?

Like for Google, share for ChatGPT.

5 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by HomoDroid(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
I prefer Bing

3 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by parkervero(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
Google has Bard her own version of chatgpt

2 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by NairaGPT: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Use pi AI it’s more web based
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by BenedictAbajue(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
Google of course.....chatgpt is second choice

1 Like

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by cassidy1996(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
I use both depends on what am looking for

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Laird(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
parkervero:
Good has Bard her own version of chatgpt

Of which Google Bard is better than Chat GPT
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by PPIA: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
parkervero:
Good has Bard her own version of chatgpt
Bard is still shitty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Kingnelson9: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Google is the best, chatgpt does have links or videos or photo, it is wrong to compare it with Google

3 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Hawkler: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
Google is more vaster it gives reference to everything you crave from it.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by emmy512: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
Use case.

You shouldn't even be comparing them.
They both have different use and you as a user should be able to determine what you should Google and what you should use chat gpt for

2 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Tunde835(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
I use both
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Itooweak4una: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2023

I prefer IFA

1 Like

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Telegram234(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChatGpt is the best.
Ask any questions, it gives you the answer.
Faster way to get answers to things, anything I do I used it, but well you can't trust a robot 100%, they are bound to do mistakes sometimes.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by localbreed(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
Chat GPT and google don't the same thing. Chat GPT will give you a personalize and plagiarism free answer to any topic you seek.

Google on the other hands is a search engine and does not give personalize answers

4 Likes

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by ClearFlair: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
So you know chatgpt. Wonderful
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
I use both.

But i prefer Google most times.

I need human experience and input.

Chatgpt dey like sound politically correct, talk am as e be e say e no.
Dey tell me say e be Ai chatbox that doesn't talk some kind things.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by AllKnowing: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Wait until GPT4 is cleared for public use.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Koppaguard: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2023
Can someone help with the link to download chatgpt
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Curse777: 12:24am On Jul 22, 2023
For me oo it's Google
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Goodnigga: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2023
Google and Chatgpt operate similarly, but more people are using Chatgpt now.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by MMempire(m): 2:35am On Jul 22, 2023
Team google.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by falcon01: 5:52am On Jul 22, 2023
When you use Google to seek for answers, you are going to use your sense or experience to determine what is right or you could just follow a Humans experience or perspective you find on the Web page. ChatGPT is a Tool of destruction, I've testesd it and I believe the only thing it's good for is writing Application letters, Poems, birthday messages and other minimal stuffs. Never ever ask it a serious or important question. ChatGPT will never tell you that men and women are not thesame in terms of sport even if you give it data showing men having a high performance, chatGPT will never tell you something is Natural even though there's proof of it been Natural, chatGPT will always want you to accept nonsense that you don't agree with, forcing you to follow an ideology that goes against your own claiming it's nutral. Chat GPT can't even solve maths if you ask I 1+1 and it says 2 then you say the answer is 5 it will apologise and say you are Correct and find a way to recalculate 1+1 that it will become 5, chatGPT claims it has no Opinions or ideology, it claims its nutral but inbreality if follows the whole woke American Lifestyle that the developers build, its Alhorithm is built on Wokeness and political Correctness, if you bombard it with questions it will say it cant continue with the conversation, when i find a way to point out flaw in its logical or make it say somethig the programmers didnt design, it will turn red and be giving errors or misbehaving and the moderators will start deleting the replies or kick me out of the session. Ahh!! If I keep talking it will sound as If I have beef with chatGPT.
Google is superior, it will give you Raw unfiltered answer and you'll use your sense to determine what is right or you can try Bing or duck duck Go, duck duck Go is the most unfiltered search engine I've seen it will give you results Google can't show you.

Goodnigga:
Google and Chatgpt operate similarly, but more people are using Chatgpt now.
Nop! Google is a Search Engine while chatGPT is a chatbot, and I'm pretty sure the OP ain't talking about Bard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Nerdnextdoor: 6:13am On Jul 22, 2023
ChatGPT and traditional search engines like Google serve different purposes and have their own strengths. Google excels at quickly providing a vast array of relevant search results from across the web, while ChatGPT focuses on generating human-like responses based on its pre-existing knowledge.
The choice between using ChatGPT and Google search depends on the specific use case and the user's preferences for interaction style and the type of information they are seeking.

1 Like

Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by adegunahmed(m): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2023
It depends on what you are searching for.

If you a direct, one sided answer use Chatgpt.
On the other hand, if you need unfiltered opinions on the subject topic from direct ideas and perspective, Google is Ideal.
However, I love Chatgpt when it comes to writing letters, applications and proposal. It is just direct especially when you give it a use case or scenerio for the letter. Google is king for research and Investigation especially when pictures, videos, chart and graphical illustrations are a necessity...
Chatgpt is more addictive thou, be careful.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Kingluqman(m): 6:53am On Jul 22, 2023
localbreed:
Chat GPT and google don't the same thing. Chat GPT will give you a personalize and plagiarism free answer to any topic you seek.

Google on the other hands is a search engine and does not give personalize answers
Picture reference?
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by Nairalander248: 7:32am On Jul 22, 2023
siofra:
How do I create a poll on nairaland?

Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique. A little help please.

After months of using chat gpt, I still prefer using Google to it. Chat gpt is very vague.

Normally, I don't use it sef. For example, I was looking for the duration of something three weeks ago, out of curiosity, I asked chat gpt first, it said a few weeks. It didn't give me a definite number. But when I asked Google, it gave me the exact number from a website which was correct.

What about you, which do you prefer using to find information?

Google or ChatGPT?

Like for Google, share for ChatGPT.

You can try bard.google.com
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by online4business: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2023
Gtpsheep is a glorified spinner from 2012-13.

I does not understand sarcasm it's a robot.

Use it for research or writing blog post at your peril.

You'll be misleading the public and get lose trust quickly.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by gud4vvvvv: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2023
Koppaguard:
Can someone help with the link to download chatgpt
search for it on telegram
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by WithX(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2023
falcon01:
When you use Google to seek for answers, you are going to use your sense or experience to determine what is right or you could just follow a Humans experience or perspective you find on the Web page. ChatGPT is a Tool of destruction, I've testesd it and I believe the only thing it's good for is writing Application letters, Poems, birthday messages and other minimal stuffs. Never ever ask it a serious or important question. ChatGPT will never tell you that men and women are not thesame in terms of sport even if you give it data showing men having a high performance, chatGPT will never tell you something is Natural even though there's proof of it been Natural, chatGPT will always want you to accept nonsense that you don't agree with, forcing you to follow an ideology that goes against your own claiming it's nutral. Chat GPT can't even solve maths if you ask I 1+1 and it says 2 then you say the answer is 5 it will apologise and say you are Correct and find a way to recalculate 1+1 that it will become 5, chatGPT claims it has no Opinions or ideology, it claims its nutral but inbreality if follows the whole woke American Lifestyle that the developers build, its Alhorithm is built on Wokeness and political Correctness, if you bombard it with questions it will say it cant continue with the conversation, when i find a way to point out flaw in its logical or make it say somethig the programmers didnt design, it will turn red and be giving errors or misbehaving and the moderators will start deleting the replies or kick me out of the session. Ahh!! If I keep talking it will sound as If I have beef with chatGPT.
Google is superior, it will give you Raw unfiltered answer and you'll use your sense to determine what is right or you can try Bing or duck duck Go, duck duck Go is the most unfiltered search engine I've seen it will give you results Google can't show you.

You got me cracking at the bolded, I don't know when I start laughing out loud. You don see that bot of a thing finish. A bot will always be a bot.
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by WithX(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2023
localbreed:

Are you sure of the bolded undecided
Abeg be careful when using it for assignments or article o
Re: Google Vs Chatgpt. Which Do You Prefer Using? by localbreed(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
WithX:

Are you sure of the bolded undecided
Abeg be careful when using it for assignments or article o

Yes I am 100% sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben Diploma Registration / Info. On Nnamdi Azikiwe / University Of Ibadan Ui For Electronic Examination(online Examination)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.