Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Who Should I Believe In This Case?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Should I Believe In This Case?? (770 Views)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? / What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Sermwell(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Immediately after school, a cousin gifted me some money which I invested in distribution of PMS(fuel). Before I began the business, I told my parents about it and asked for thier prayers. My dad is a heavy traditionalist, who visits some traditional medicine men, while my mum is a very strong christain.

Fast forward to 7 years later, I became very successful in the the business and also invested in other businesses. I made my big break during Buhari's tenure, and I can say I'm very comfortable financially. Apart from sending money to my parents every month for thier upkeep, I also send money to my mum for seed sowing, tithes and some other church donations, while I also send money to my dad for his routine "appeasing the gods" and some other financial obligations to his medicine men.
Last week, I decided to visit home and when it was night time for gist and all, my dad started thanking the gods for thier hands in my success and bragged that his medicine men are very powerful and have the ears of the gods , and that as long as him and his medicine men are alive, I will continue to prosper in my business and legal practice. My mum on the other hand, insisted it was the Almighty God she serves that has been blessing me courtesy of her prayers, fasting and seed sowing.
I'm not a very religious person, but my both parents sounded convincing that thier prayers and spiritual activities is largely responsible for my success. On my flight back to my base, I was wondering who could be right among them.

Who do you think is right in this case?
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Emmywinner(m): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
It's a great opportunity

post=124569499]Immediately after school, a cousin gifted me some money which I invested in distribution of PMS(fuel). Before I began the business, I told my parents about it and asked for thier prayers. My dad is a heavy traditionalist, who visits some traditional medicine men, while my mum is a very strong christain.

Fast forward to 7 years later, I became very successful in the the business and also invested in other businesses. I made my big break during Buhari's tenure, and I can say I'm very comfortable financially. Apart from sending money to my parents every month for thier upkeep, I also send money to my mum for seed sowing, tithes and some other church donations, while I also send money to my dad for his routine "appeasing the gods" and some other financial obligations to his medicine men.
Last week, I decided to visit home and when it was night time for gist and all, my dad started thanking the gods for thier hands in my success and bragged that his medicine men are very powerful and have the ears of the gods , and that as long as him and his medicine men are alive, I will continue to prosper in my business and legal practice. My mum on the other hand, insisted it was the Almighty God she serves that has been blessing me courtesy of her prayers, fasting and seed sowing.
I'm not a very religious person, but my both parents sounded convincing that thier prayers and spiritual activities is largely responsible for my success. On my flight back to my base, I was wondering who could be right among them.

CC: nlfpmod
CC: Seun
CC: lalasticlala[/quote]
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Amotolongbo(f): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2023

We can’t really know who is right or wrong until we put both sides through litmus test.

You could stop giving your father the money to appease his belief for a specific duration (month or year). Continue giving your mum the money to appease her belief.

Then switch the style and stop giving your mum to appease her belief while you give your dad to appease his belief.

Observe the growth of your business during these two durations.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by talented321: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
Oga believe your father, he is one doing the work.
But u still need to have a face to face discusion with ur father because there are things he is doing on ur behalf u don't know and those things are necessary for u to know, because everything has their consequences
Also send ur mother money whenever she need money to show seed. do u know why this politicians are
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Sermwell(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
Amotolongbo:
We can’t really know who is right or wrong until we put both sides through litmus test.

You could stop giving your father the money to appease his belief for a specific duration (month or year). Continue giving your mum the money to appease her belief.

Then switch the style and stop giving your mum to appease her belief while you give your dad to appease his belief.

Observe the growth of your business during these two durations.

What if the same result is achievable? grin
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Amotolongbo(f): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
Sermwell:

What if the same result is achievable? grin
Then both are wrong.

I can promise you that you will get the same result
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
Sermwell:

CC: lalasticlala

Both of them are partly responsible for your success but mostly the responsibility has been yours.

First your Christian mother and Traditionalist father created a nurturing environment for you to learn to coexist in diversity, thereby giving you essential skills in your endeavours. They also taught you the various underlying ideologies and philosophies which you've been able to contrast and compare and learn from and utilise. But mostly, your own hard work and learning are what have contributed the most to your success, though you wouldn't have learnt what you've learnt if not for your wise parents.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Sermwell(m): 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
budaatum:

Both of them are partly responsible for your success but mostly the responsibility has been yours.

First your Christian mother and Traditionalist father created a nurturing environment for you to learn to coexist in diversity, thereby giving you essential skills in your endeavours. They also taught you the various underlying ideologies and philosophies which you've been able to contrast and compare and learn from and utilise. But mostly, your own hard work and learning are what have contributed the most to your success, though you wouldn't have learnt what you've learnt if not for your wise parents.
I strongly agree with you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2023
Honor your father and your mother” is the first command with a promise: “That it may go well with you and you may remain a long time on the earth.” Ephesians 6:2-3

God makes his sun shines and rain fall both on the good and evil {Matthew 5:45} so leave the prayers out the young man is doing the things of God though he's not a believer! Romans 1:20
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by PlayerMeji: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2023
And why would you want to know who is in the radio that is making it sing, in the first place..?

Something is working for you like you claimed, now you want to form James Bond and investigate...Abi..?

You better let sleeping dogs lie... continue selling and making money and better stop bothering yourself on what is making it work or who...
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Maynman: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:
Immediately after school, a cousin gifted me some money which I invested in distribution of PMS(fuel). Before I began the business, I told my parents about it and asked for thier prayers. My dad is a heavy traditionalist, who visits some traditional medicine men, while my mum is a very strong christain.

Lack of knowledge creates beliefs.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Sermwell(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2023
Maynman:

Lack of knowledge creates beliefs.
How do you mean?
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:

Neither are right. Rather they should be proud of you for making your ventures a success and thankful to you for supporting their religious habits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:
I'm not a very religious person, but my both parents sounded convincing that thier prayers and spiritual activities is largely responsible for my success. On my flight back to my base, I was wondering who could be right among them. Who do you think is right in this case?
Your mother is wrong, and this much we know because Scripture is clear that that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by the their every sin and hence are an abomination to God who cannot abide unholiness. To top it off, she attempting to share part of the glory that is God by suggesting her efforts made it all possible is yet more sin for her to deal with --- God does not share glory with any man or woman. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your mother is wrong, and this much we know because Scripture is clear that that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by the their every sin and hence are an abomination to God who cannot abide unholiness. To top it off, she attempting to share part of the glory that is God by suggesting her efforts made it all possible is yet more sin for her to deal with --- God does not share glory with any man or woman. undecided
I do not think this is quite true, because I have seen the "offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc." of the unrighteous politicians answered so they win, and their intention while offering it was to unrighteously loot.

I have also seen the "offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc. of the righteous go unanswered too, mind, though one might argue what "righteous" is.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
budaatum:
■ I do not think this is quite true, because I have seen the "offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc." of the unrighteous politicians answered so they win, and their intention while offering it was to unrighteously loot.
■ I have also seen the "offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc. of the righteous go unanswered too, mind,, though one might argue what "righteous" is.
So I take it that you believe God is a liar? undecided

2. Newsflash - No man approved righteous by God Himself would be caught dead engaging in any of your many fasting rituals, tithing, seed sowing, praise and worship sessions, public prayers, etc.. These practices are all antichrist I.e. against righteousness. Do not mistake religious fervor for Godliness of the God kind. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Candidlady: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
This is gonna be a long read 🍿

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you believe God is a liar? undecided

2. Newsflash - No man approved righteous by God Himself would be caught dead engaging in any of your many fasting rituals, tithing, seed sowing, praise and worship sessions, public prayers, etc.. These practices are all antichrist I.e. against righteousness. Do not mistake religious fervor for Godliness of the God kind. undecided

I guess that's the rub, "approved righteous by God Himself". How do you know if any God approved anyone? Does the approved get a certificate to prove they are "righteous by God Himself"?

"Religious fervour", you say. I have seen a tree worshipper's prayer answered, and even the wishes and hopes and practices of your so called "antichrist" fulfilled too, and as said, the unrighteous looting politician.

No, I don't think Gods lie, kobojunkie. Just that humans tell tall tales and claim they are from their Gods, because there is nothing antichrist about Sermwell's mother, unless you are claiming to know something about her the rest of us don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
budaatum:
I guess that's the rub, "approved righteous by God Himself". How do you know if any God approved anyone? Does the approved get a certificate to prove they are "righteous by God Himself"?
■ "Religious fervour", you say. I have seen a tree worshipper's prayer answered, and even the wishes and hopes and practices of your so called "antichrist" fulfilled too, and as said, the unrighteous looting politician.
■ No, I don't think Gods lie, kobojunkie. Just that humans tell tall tales and claim they are from their Gods, because there is nothing antichrist about Sermwell's mother, unless you are claiming to know something about her the rest of us don't know.
1. Well, according to Scripture, all the men who were approved by God were made aware of it by Him. So whether you believe it is not, that is the way it is written to have worked. undecided

2. Sure you have and as you said these examples are not of worshippers of the God of Scripture who made clear that He does not answer the prayers or the unrighteous. So.... undecided

3. Your views aside, the fact is people like OP'S mother claim to absolutely believe all that is written in the Book. So, again, no need to make this of personal opinion. According to Scripture, all religious practices are antichrist and hence against righteousness. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by IyanuDeb(f): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:

do you think the devil will give you something without collecting something more valuable in return? God has blessed for your hard work and you must give thanks to him, the the earlier you appreciate the work of God in your life, the better for you
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
do you think the devil will give you something without collecting something more valuable in return?
■ God has blessed for your hard work and you must give thanks to him, the the earlier you appreciate the work of God in your life, the better for you
Where is it written that the one you call the devil gives anything though? undecided

2. God blessings are listed for only for those who obey His teachings and commandments. This is what is written in scripture. OP does not seem to engage God at all and his idea of God seems born of religious leanings. So how could it be said that God blessed him? undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, according to Scripture, all the men who were approved by God were made aware of it by Him. So whether you believe it is not, that is the way it is written to have worked. undecided
Since for me, "according to what I've seen with my own eyes", our opinions are bound to differ I suppose.

Kobojunkie:
2. Sure you have and as you said these examples are not of worshippers of the God of Scripture who made clear that He does not answer the prayers or the unrighteous. So.... undecided
Sermwell's mother reads scripture, and if she has been praying to the God of Scripture for Sermwell's success and them Sermwell succeeds, it would be hard to.prove her God of Scripture did not answer her prayers, I would think.

Kobojunkie:
3. Your views aside, the fact is people like OP'S mother claim to absolutely believe all that is written in the Book. So, again, no need to make this of personal opinion. According to Scripture, all religious practices are antichrist and hence against righteousness. undecided
Be gracious, Kobojunkie, and set aside your own personal opinion which you claim is fact.

Sermwell's mother has not claimed to "absolutely believe all that is written in the Book", and nor has Sermwell made any such claim on her behalf.

No sensible person would claim to live "according to scripture". For even the best of us are at times quick to state our judgemental opinions based on little to no facts when scripture states, "judge not".

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
budaatum:
Since for me, "according to what I've seen with my own eyes", our opinions are bound to differ I suppose.
Sermwell's mother reads scripture, and if she has been praying to the God of Scripture for Sermwell's success and them Sermwell succeeds, it would be hard to.prove her God of Scripture did not answer her prayers, I would think.
Be gracious, Kobojunkie, and set aside your own personal opinion which you claim is fact.
Sermwell's mother has not claimed to "absolutely believe all that is written in the Book", and nor has Sermwell made any such claim on her behalf.
■ No sensible person would claim to live "according to scripture". For even the best of us are at times quick to state our judgemental opinions based on little to no facts when scripture states, "judge not".
1. Learn to keep your opinions out of these discussions please. Everything I have stated is as written in scripture. Op's mother is one of those who claim to believe scripture is holy meaning she assumes scripture ought to be seen as god over her every action, so your private opinions and claimed experiences should not matter at all here. undecided

■ As for what God's Law, Jesus Christ, says in regards to Judging, Jesus Christ did say, "Judge not, lest though be judged" He also insisted that His followers Judge not according to outward appearances, but rather Judge everything according to God's standard of right. You cannot logically insist on the just the one rule while pretending you have spoken all of God's Truth now can you? Anyways, God's Law is God's standard of righteousness and all who follow Him will be judged by the Law.... the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ . undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Learn to keep your opinions out of these discussions please. Everything I have stated is as written in scripture. Op's mother is one of those who claim to believe scripture is holy meaning she assumes scripture ought to be seen as god over her every action, so your private opinions and claimed experiences should not matter at all here. undecided

■ As for what God's Law, Jesus Christ, says in regards to Judging, Jesus Christ did say, "Judge not, lest though be judged" He also insisted that His followers Judge not according to outward appearances, but rather Judge everything according to God's standard of right. You cannot logically insist on the just the one rule while pretending you have spoken all of God's Truth now can you? Anyways, God's Law is God's standard of righteousness and all who follow Him will be judged by the Law.... the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ . undecided

Every time you say this the only thing that rings in my mind is how do you know what the god or Jesus said when the only words are those written by men. Neither Jesus nor the god wrote anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Maynman: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:

Every time you say this the o ly thing that rings in my mind is how do you know what the god or Jesus said when the only words are those written by men. Neither Jesus nor the god wrote anything.
“Written by men” 😂😂
And kobo no like or trust men of this world atall.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:
■ Every time you say this the o ly thing that rings in my mind is how do you know what the god or Jesus said when the only words are those written by men. Neither Jesus nor the god wrote anything.
You worry yourself about what you ought not to. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Maynman: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abi na, the “scriptures” from the middle east is the word of god cheesy
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by IyanuDeb(f): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where is it written that the one you call the devil gives anything though? undecided

2. God blessings are listed for only for those who obey His teachings and commandments. This is what is written in scripture. OP does not seem to engage God at all and his idea of God seems born of religious leanings. So how could it be said that God blessed him? undecided
it says Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights with whom there
is no variation or shadow due to change in James, so I believe everything good comes from God and hardwork, as for the devil blessing someone, I've argued it on countless times that it's not possible for even the prophets of Baal couldn't invoke their all so mighty God but I'm mostly criticized in church whenever I say that
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Worry is the wrong word. I am curious how you resolve these issue, it doesn't make a difference to me though since like I already stated, the god nor Jesus wrote not a single word.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
Maynman:

“Written by men” 😂😂
And kobo no like or trust men of this world atall.

LoLz. Exactly. He doesn't trust men but somehow knows what these same men wrote is from the god and Jesus. The contradiction tickles my funny bone every time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:

Actually none of them is totally right or wrong. You have done well for yourself na.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Maynman: 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:

like I already stated, the god nor Jesus wrote not a single word.
I’m glad they did not say it was jesus that wrote those books, if they had said it na another wahala be that 😂

If they knew mohammed that could not read and write could get away with writing the quran eloquently, those early christian fathers would have said jesus wrote NT too 😂😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of Apostle Arome Osayi's Messages Has Blessed You Most? / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For February 2024 / What Do You Take A Great One For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.