Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Churches Used To Pay Me Just 5k – Singer Simi Reveals. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Churches Used To Pay Me Just 5k – Singer Simi Reveals. (232 Views)

Nigerian Singer, Simi Teases New Song "Men Are Crazy" Featuring Tiwa Savage / SIMI Reveals All She Undergone Before Attaining STARDOM / Music Album: Download I Used To Know Her: The Prelude – EP Alnum - H.E.R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Churches Used To Pay Me Just 5k – Singer Simi Reveals. by Covetedjerrycan(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Award-winning Nigerian singer, Simisola Kosoko, simply known as Simi, revealed that she used to be paid as low as N5,000-10,000 as performance fee when she was a gospel artiste.

The ‘Duduke’ crooner said the highest she was ever paid then was N70,000.

Simi who featured on an interview segment of MTV Base Africa’s programme, Official Naija Top 10.
She said,
“I actually used to go to a lot of churches to perform. They will pay me like N5k, N10k. Do you know the highest amount of money I actually collected when I was doing gospel [music]? N70,000. And I felt like I had arrived. I still paid a 10 per cent tithe from the money.”

She said at some point she stopped singing because she wasn’t making enough money from gospel music to pay for studio sections and promotions.

Simi said because of lack of finances, she got signed to a record label that she regretted signing for till today.

The mother of one said she later switched to secular music because of the challenges she encountered in the gospel music industry.
Re: Churches Used To Pay Me Just 5k – Singer Simi Reveals. by Reinamaria(f): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
You should be grateful you were given a platform and an audience to showcase your talent, and still got paid for it.
Not everyone had that opportunity.
Be grateful for humble beginnings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches Used To Pay Me Just 5k – Singer Simi Reveals. by Solofresh2: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
What did she expect them to pay her before
1 million?

(1) (Reply)

Album : Olamide - Unruly Album (EP) / Jubilations As "Skills 87.7 FM" Commences Full Broadcasting Services in Okigwe / Omah Lay – Holy Ghost Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.