Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go (609 Views)

Baba Ijesha: Lege Miami Blasts Tonto Dikeh For 'Insulting' Yoruba Movie Industry / Tonto Dikeh: I Will Ensure That Baba Ijesha Rots In Jail / Mike Ezuruonye's Impersonator Sentenced To One Year In Prison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Omihanifa: 4:52am On Jul 22, 2023
A popular and embattled actor, Olanrewaju James, popularly known as Baba Ijesha, who was sentenced to 16 years imprisonment for child defilement, has spent one year of his prison term at the Maximum Security Custodial Centre, Kirikiri, Lagos State.

He was convicted of the crime on July 14, 2022, and was sentenced to 16 years imprisonment on four of the six-count charge—indecent treatment of a child, sexual assault, attempted sexual assault by penetration, and sexual assault by penetration— preferred against him.

Recall that James was arrested on April 22, 2021, and first appeared before Magistrate P.E. Nwaka of the Yaba Magistrate Court in Yaba, Lagos, on July 16, 2021.

The actor was later arraigned at the Special Offences and Domestic Violence Court in Ikeja, before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo, who eventually delivered the judgment. While reading her judgment, she said, “I hereby find the defendant guilty of count two to five, and he is discharged of counts one and six. The defendant is here by sentenced to five years imprisonment for count two, three years for count three, five years for count four, and three years for count five.”

The case generated a lot of attention and controversies. It also ‘divided’ the entertainment industry as some celebs supported comedian, Princess Adekoya, whose ward was the one defiled; while some empathised with Baba Ijesha.

Some of the people who were sympathetic to Baba Ijesha’s plight were Yomi Fabiyi, Bukky Black, and Lege Miami. On his part, Fabiyi maintained that the actor was ‘ambushed’ into the crime.

On the other hand, actresses, such as Iyabo Ojo Nkechi Blessing, vehemently supported Princess.
In an interview with our correspondent during the week, Fabiyi said, “First, it is difficult for me to deny knowing him.

My non-governmental organisation decided to hear his side, do our own little investigation, and what we found out required us to give him a voice, as it looked like he was ‘ambushed into that misfortune’.

“There were too many questions begging for answers, as could be seen at the end of the trial, hence the appeal.”

Maintaining that he had been in constant communication with the beleaguered actor since he was committed to prison, Fabiyi said, “My first visit started from the second day he was sentenced to prison. I also ensure that I regular communicate with him in prison.”

He added, “I am not in shoes, but I am trying my best to keep his spirits high and get him not to think of suicide or any vendetta. When his father died (on May 13, 2023), it was a difficult moment.

“However, he is still bothered that the age of the girl was not proven with a birth certificate. The absence of some factors before a guilty verdict was passed gives him serious mental agony. He feels he has been unjustly punished.”

Most times during the trial, when Baba Ijesha appeared in court, he usually looked morose and dejected. On a particular day, he was seen clutching a Christian book titled, ‘How to Thrive in Perilous Times: Living Beyond the World System,’ written by Happy Caldwell.

https://punchng.com/baba-ijesha-marks-one-year-in-prison-15-more-to-go/

Cc lalasticlala nlfpmod

Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by HacheNoire: 4:55am On Jul 22, 2023
The biggest problem and enemy of a man, is his peniss.

The moment you have a dominance and sole control of that front tail, you are bound for greatness.
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
The biggest problem an enemy of a man is his peniss.

The moment you are have dominant and sole control of that front tail, you are bound for greatness.
I hope Faber and other men will take this advise
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by EmptyGarden(m): 5:05am On Jul 22, 2023
Him never begin mark, now na morning.

1 Like

Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Edoreborn: 5:35am On Jul 22, 2023
So sad he ends ds way.
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by FairlyUSEDpussy: 5:51am On Jul 22, 2023
Imagine where pussy land dis one........same wud have happened to that former mancity player (Mendy)........but those ones investigated well..........

I pray he get a parole sha......
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Jbleenk: 6:23am On Jul 22, 2023
Well deserved sentence. May his dick rest in peace.
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Stawner16(m): 6:41am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
The biggest problem and enemy of a man, is his peniss.

The moment you have a dominance and sole control of that front tail, you are bound for greatness.

Not just the penis; food, alcohol, weed etc, anything that gives pleasure in general has the potential to inflict serious pain and irreparable damage if care is not taken. Control your impulses.

FairlyUSEDpussy
post=124576397:

I pray he get a parole sha......

Parole in Nigeria? Bro you’ve been watching too much Discovery ID😹. Nigeria is one of the worst countries to get jailed unless of course you’re powerful or rich.
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by illicit(m): 7:21am On Jul 22, 2023
Eeyah
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by We4all: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2023
To be honest, this man was used as a scape goat. In as much as I don't condone any form of sexual depravation, I think his sentence was hastily done and the number of years is too long for the committed crime.

If the law were that just, how come I hear of fathers molesting their daughters on a daily basis, but none has received his kind of sentence.

And what about the others who have been gang banging and recording girls? Since there was no penetration, all he needs is a good attorney to review his case.
Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by PerfectStranger(m): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2023
#500 brothel olosho could have saved him.
More respect for oloshos out there.

1 Like

Re: Baba Ijesha Marks One Year In Prison, 15 More To Go by Buharidgeneral: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2023
15 years not days. Is still far ooo

(1) (Reply)

Mohbad Backs His Baby In The Kitchen ( Video) / “aren’t They Twins” – Lady Celebrates As She And Her Best Friend Become Pregnant / How A Catholic Reverend Sister Killed Over 3000 People Because Of Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.