Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,589 members, 7,823,551 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors (1538 Views)

Angry Oyo APC Members Pelt Ganduje, Entourage With Sachet Water / Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image / Gallant Happy Soldiers Cook With Stones In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by ArewaQuitessenc: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2023
Leave or I'll pelt you with stones - Ilorin cleric attacks Osun priestess, worshippers

A new video showing Muslim clerics threatening another set of Isese worshippers in the Oko Owo area of Ilorin, the Kwara State has emerged online.

The worshippers are seen performing some traditional rites at the bank of a river. In the video, the rites are however disrupted by the clerics who ordered them to leave the river.

A Facebook user, Alfa Aribidesi At-Tawdeeh Islamic Da'wah, shared the video Friday night captioning it: "ANOTHER OSUN WOMEN CAUGHT LIVE @ OKO OLOWO IN ILORIN TODAY!!!"

The video shows a Muslim cleric charging towards the priestess who had yet to be identified, as she and her members stood by a river ready to offer sacrifices.

The cleric could be heard threatening to not only ruin the traditional procession and rites but also physically attack the priestess and two other girls in her company.

Speaking in Yoruba, one of the clerics could be heard saying:

"We warned you against these sacrifices. I have you on tape with your calabashes.

"You dare not drop the calabashes," the cleric screamed at the convoy.

'Everything you are saying is cheap talk. I am an Indigene just like you," one of the women in the Osun priestessโ€™ group fired back at the cleric who made it a point to also mention that Ilorin does not tolerate traditional religious practices.

The two exchanged heated words for a while before the cleric began to charge toward the priestess and her girls, chanting a Muslim prayer as he marched on.

"Come out here because this is Ilorin and such is not allowed. Is this Osun? Leave! Leave! Leave now! Do you not hear me, leave or I'll pelt you with stones."

The priestess ignored all of his threats and continued with her rites.

This won't be the first such occurrence in Ilorin. A few weeks ago, The PUNCH reported the story of Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara, who was also threatened by a Muslim group, Majlisu Shabab li Ulamahu Society, in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, in a bid to cancel a planned Isese festival in the state.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1682502509456130049?s=20

1 Like

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by ArewaQuitessenc: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2023
Sad

1 Like

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by taylor88(m): 8:05am On Jul 22, 2023
kiss
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2023
๐Ÿ˜‚ they should go to osun for their rubbish, why illorin

9 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2023
Yorubas are now slaves in the hand of the Fulanis in their own Land because of cowardness. Spit grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:12am On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:

Common

Come off it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:
Yorubas are now slaves in the hand of the Fulanis in their own Land because of cowardness. Spit grin grin

I believe being brave means hiding in the cupboard every Monday morning or shooting/beheading innocent people going about their biz in their own town

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

Common

Come off it
What right do they have to be doing rubbish in a state not theirs

3 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:

Ok if u want it that way

How about people going about doing their lawful business in their own state, infact in their own village or town

But we're either caught and flogged or shot or beheaded

Just because it's a MONDAY morning

shocked
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

I believe being brave means hiding in the cupboard every Monday morning or beheading innocent people going about their biz

At least their land still belongs to them and the same cannot be said about your people who have been turned to slave in their ancestral land by normad Fulanis from Futa Jalon

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

Ok if u want it that way

How about people going about doing their lawful business

shocked
Well, they have right to accept or reject them . This shouldn't be an issue sef, simply leave if they disapprove of whatever rubbish they want to do in a state not theirs

1 Like

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

At least their land still belongs to them and the same cannot be said about your people who have been turned to slave in their ancestral land by normad Fulanis from Futa Jalon

Maybe you should check what a slave means

A slaves movement is curtailed at will

A slave has no choice

A slave has no say

A slave may be in the east while the master may be far away in FINLAND but the slave must obey the Masters directive or risk being flogged or decapitated or shot or all of the above shocked

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

Ok if u want it that way

How about people going about doing their lawful business in their own state, infact in their own village or town

shocked

These your excuse is stale, your ancestral land is gone forever and you officially a slave in the hand of Fulani herds ๐Ÿ˜„ cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:
Well, they have right to accept or reject them . This shouldn't be an issue sef, simply leave if they disapprove of whatever rubbish they want to do in a state not theirs

There are many tribes in Kwara state like Yoruba, fulani, batonu, nupe etc

There are Muslims, Christians and traditionalists

There is freedom of religion and association in Nigeria

You don't understand that this means that an Ijaw, Efik Or ibo traditionalist can't also practise in that state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

These your excuse is stale, your ancestral land is gone forever and you officially a slave in the hand of Fulani herds ๐Ÿ˜„ cheesy

Are you free on your own ancestral land?

The day after tomorrow is MONDAY
shocked

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by sreamsense: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:

Wahabfuture:

IconicR:

Muslims are just full of violent people. Where is the peace they preach? Why can't they allow to practice what they believe in? You can only win people into your religion by love and not violence. These traditionalists have excercised more patience and peace than muslims, I won't be surprised if those Muslim miscreants are paid back with violence and disgrace by violent traditionalists one of these days.

When have they seen Christians threatening traditionalists or Muslims, it is only Muslims that are always violent and intolerant and many alfas even do charms more than the traditionalists in their secret. Being or not being Muslims doesn't mean you shouldn't allow others to practice their faith. Muslims should let their good deeds bring people into Islam because violence can't do it, it will always worsen it

7 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by LivingSage: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2023
U heard her saying she's an indigene. She's just Osun River worshiper

Where you got it wrong is having a thought that all Osun (Osun river) worshipers are from Osun.
No, that's wrong.

The former Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, was she from Osun? No..

She's from the family of Osun River worshipers in Ogun State
IconicR:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by ScrapMetals: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2023
Culture is good . But please let's all live in peace . Nigeria above anything else

1 Like

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Treasure17(m): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2023
One thing is common among the Muslims folks which is they are very intolerant and hostile towards other people's religious beliefs as if they are the gate keeper of righteousness. For goodness sake the world does not revolve around you people.

4 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

A slave has no choice

A slave has no say

A slave may be in the east while the master may be far away in FINLAND but the slave must obey the Masters directive or risk being deleted

You are right and being a slave to my fellow tribe is better than being a slave to Normad herdsmen from the Futa Jalon ..... as you can see the Osun worshippers left the stream water in peace to avoid being stone to death by Fulanis your master grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by limeta(f): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

A slave has no choice

A slave has no say

A slave may be in the east while the master may be far away in FINLAND but the slave must obey the Masters directive or risk being deleted

Who's side are you on any way

A slave may be in the south west while the master may be far away in[i] sokoto[/i] but the slave must obey the Masters directive or risk being deleted[/quote

9 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

Are you free on your own ancestral land?

The day after tomorrow is MONDAY
shocked

grin

My ancestral land still belongs to us, The same thing canโ€™t be said about yours grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

You are right and being a slave to my fellow tribe is better than being a slave to Normad herdsmen from the Futa Jalon ..... as you can see the Osun worshippers left the stream water in peace to avoid being stone to death by Fulanis your master grin grin

So u knew all this while that u are a slave to an absentee Owner

grin

Anyway, the worshippers were neither flogged, shot or decapitated shocked

So slave and Masters get levels, it seems
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by paramakina202: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Yoruba should rather respect customs and traditions of their accomodators.
They should go to Southwest and practice their pagan religion.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Opanka44(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2023
This is like Elijah and Baal at Mount Sinai
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Varunpulyani: 8:36am On Jul 22, 2023
Nah to inform Emir ooo

These parasites don't want to hear that Thier practices are banned by the Emir

3 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2023
limeta:

Who's side are you on any way

A slave may be in the south west while the master may be far away in[i] sokoto[/i] but the slave must obey the Masters directive or risk being deleted[/quote

On my side

Who from Sokoto tells southwesterners to stay hidden on a MONDAY

Which Sokoto person flogs people in the Southwest anytime, anyday thrice on a MONDAY?
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Am still wondering how the children from the South East will feel when the read history that a single short man from far away Finland was able to imprison their parents with a sit at home order. cheesy

Can't go out to get daily bread lol or hospital if you are sick you rather die at home.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Wahabfuture: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

So u knew all this while that u are a slave to an absentee Owner

grin

Anyway, the worshippers were neither flogged, shot or decapitated shocked

So slave and Masters get levels, it seems

Your ancestral land is forever gone,
My advice is to respect your host to avoid story that touches heart,

3 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by illicit(m): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

My ancestral land still belongs to us, The same thing canโ€™t be said about yours grin grin

Act like it, open your market on Monday morning first
Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by LivingSage: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2023
Were you told the Muslim cleric is Fulani? Only Fulani can be Muslim cleric?

You need to travel to Ilorin
Wahabfuture:

2 Likes

Re: Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors by Dotherightthing: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2023
Every Ilorin indigene is free to practice whatever religion they like in Ilorin.

And I am glad the women had their way.

Piiiggs are already carrying the matter on their head like gala cheesy

Pathetic bunch angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Rivers Crisis: Why God Orchestrated Fight Between Fubara, Wike โ€“ Eze / Why Oodua Nation Anthem Was Used To Swear In In Gov Of Ondo / All The 45 Passengers Earlier Kidnapped Along Benue-Enugu Road Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.