Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Samuel Eto'o: Cameroonian Legend Under Investigation For Match Fixing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto'o: Cameroonian Legend Under Investigation For Match Fixing (110 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) / Samuel Eto'o Is New Cameroon Football Federation President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o: Cameroonian Legend Under Investigation For Match Fixing by DonBabaNG: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2023
Samuel Eto'o, the head of the Cameroonian Football Federation, is under investigation for match-fixing.

According to reports, recordings have surfaced in which Eto'o promised Valentine Gawain, president of Victoria United, that he would influence referees to promote the team.

He gave his word to the president of Victoria United, stating that he will promote them to the second division by manipulating games.

At the end of the season, Victoria United got promoted when the federation decided that Stade de Bertoua, the runner-up from the previous season, was ineligible.

Eto’o’s voice recording in word
It has been revealed that Samuel Eto’o’s voice was heard in a recording making a promise to the president of Victoria United.

Eto'o said as reported by Daily Mail, “There are things we can do, but you have to be very discreet, brother.

“I haven't even had time to get home yet. I'm out, bro. I haven't had time to get home and work with the president (of the Cameroonian Referee's Association) because I can't call the refs directly and tell them to be careful. But I can work with the president.”

Eto'o was reportedly heard saying, “Opopo (Victoria United's nickname) must go up to the first division. This is our goal (…) This is our Federation. Victoria United will go up.

“Stay calm, we will grant you the three points and we will suspend the referee. But let me at least go back to Cameroon.

“He arrived on the 3rd (January) at night. So we'll see you in the office on the 4th. Anyway, I'm going to rule out and disqualify this referee.”

Eto’o also spoke about how powerful the president of the referee association is by saying, “He has the power.

“From there, he with his commissions will be able to suspend even the president of the referees. Our club, Opopo, must go up to the first division, that is our objective.”

With the evidence of Eto’o’s voice being heard in a recording, he is now under investigation for match-fixing in Cameroon.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/samuel-etoo-cameroonian-legend-under-investigation-for-match-fixing-2023072209400154245

Re: Samuel Eto'o: Cameroonian Legend Under Investigation For Match Fixing by Absuchat(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

Surprise, Surprise! PSG Accept World-record €300m Bid For Wantaway Kylian Mbappe / Colon Vs Tigre / Lebron's Son: Bronny James Suffered Cardiac Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.