Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Sort Of Animal Did This Thing? Please I Need Some Answers - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Sort Of Animal Did This Thing? Please I Need Some Answers (862 Views)

What Animal Did Your Culture Prevent Your People From Killing? / Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Sort Of Animal Did This Thing? Please I Need Some Answers by lilkech(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]

i have heard lots of stories and myths in this my small life that nothing can really surprise me again in Nigeria, but you see this one, i really need some help to understand.

You see, this happened today in the early hours of the morning (2 -3am) i was in my room asleep with my room mate and something not of this world happened. I was sleeping lightly, so i had a bit of awareness to notice a kind of noise like an infant crying only this mire seemed like there were about 40 of them crying at the same time from outside the main house.

I woke my room mate up and we just law down on the bed listening to the noise. There were only 2 infants in the house and they were twins to my landlord but on this fateful night they along with their mum went out to attend a night vigil so we ruled out the possibility of those kids making all this noise, besides there was just only 2 of them but the noise coming from outside was drowning the whole house. It also seemed like whatever was making the noises was actually moving round the house in circles while crying.

This went on for up to 5 minutes them something much more wierd happened, the crying stopped as suddenly as it began and then "THE WHOLE HOUSE BEGAN TO TREMBLE FROM ITS FOUNDATIONS" as if there was a mini earthquake right in our compound. The vibration went on for up to a minute and then it stopped as abruptly as it began. Before we could gather ourselves the crying started again.

This cycle wenton for almost an hour before it all stopped, now this house i an living in has a total of 12 rooms and it is a bungalow. I and my room mate did not have the balls to even stand up from our adds as we were terrified to pieces of what might be lurking outside the house. Even my neighbours experienced the exact same thing and could not do anything, even those that had windows facing the outside of the house could not summon the morale to pull aside their curtains to see the things that was terrifying the whole compound.

Once the light of day was shining a full brightness we gingerly opened our doors of after the other and summoned enough courage to open up the main passage door that leads outside, men you wont believe what we saw. THERE WERE FOOTPRINTS ALL OVER THE COMPOUND, FOOTPRINTS THAT RESEMBLED THAT OF A SMALL CAT. From the pattern, size and quantity of there prints i can comfortably assume that there were up to 20 of there creatures in our compound that morning. But the question remains 'EXACTLY WHAT CREATURES COULD DO SUCH THINGS AS WE WITNESSED THAT NIGHT'.

We approached our landlord (who lives in the same compound) and he told up not to worry, that what came about that might were just normal cats.

Well i personally disagree with his explanation because i know that just 20 normal small cats can not shake a full house to its foundations on matter the jazz involved. Some of the neighbours started saying things like 'BUSH BABY' and stuff but i do not believe that either so i am now asking NL to look into this incident and have a few of its members side some light on this issue.

Please only intelligent contributions are being sought after, i do not have the finger typing power to argue at all. Thank you.
Re: What Sort Of Animal Did This Thing? Please I Need Some Answers by mbatuku1: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2011
They are domestic cats. They do cry like little babies. I guess you never experienced that before. No need to worry.
Re: What Sort Of Animal Did This Thing? Please I Need Some Answers by Knight1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
which domestic cats? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
o boy na the real Nigerian Airforce night marines be that grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Learning Chinese Language? / "I Remember Those Days" / Nigerians Why The Tribalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.