Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,506 members, 7,836,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

The Missing Soulmate - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Missing Soulmate (7028 Views)

The Missing-link: Why You Are Yet To Succeed ... / The Missing Theme Elements In Most Stories / {Must Read} The Missing Period By Cyberprince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2023
"And then, Faith reported a matter to you, you did not even verify with me when you passed the information to Funmi. Tope, honestly, I'm not pleased with you." "Alright," he said hastily.

"I'm only trying to protect your interest. I'm sorry I acted in a haste. When Faith called me to inform me that she found a bra in your room and had called it quit, I was happy inwardly. You know, no be today I dey tell you sey Faith no be good girl. What she told me made to call Funmi to come to your place. Na your own I de do o, my guy."

"Alright. Thanks for being on my side, but I'll still like to be informed about certain things. As for Funmi, I told her clearly that we can only be friends, we can't be lovers again."

"Okay o. As you wish. By the way, who's the babe who owns the bra?"

"You should know me by now that I don't cheat in relationship. The bra belongs to Mariam my neighbour: that nurse. I mistakenly took the thing among my clothes. I was trying to explain the same thing to Faith, but she would not listen."

He chuckled over the line. "I beg, forget about Faith. Anyway, I wish you all the best, Michael."

"Thanks, Tope. See you."

I disconnected the line. If Funmi thought reporting me to Tope would make her realize her desire, she was in for a surprise. Few minutes after three p.m Mariam came back from work. Through my window, I could see her pass through the mini gate that led to the BQ, and walk to her door.

She looked pretty and smart in her nurse uniform. She looked delectable too. It was now I started seeing these good qualities of hers. I gave her some minutes to change clothes and relax before leaving my room for her own. Gently, I knocked at her door. She called from inside that I should come in.

"Good afternoon," I greeted. "Welcome from work. How was the work?"

She smiled up at me. "Fine, thank you. How was the church service?"

I smiled too. "The service was marvelous."

"Did you pray for me?"

I looked solemn. "I'm sorry I did not, but I prayed about the missing bra."

She looked at me in seriousness. "Really, you prayed about a mere bra? How exactly did you say the prayer?"

2 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by Unbreakable26(f): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2023
How exactly did you say the prayer? ?
Lol me sef l want to know how exactly too

Nice one op

1 Like

Re: The Missing Soulmate by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Op, nice update but like Oliver twist i want more embarassed
Re: The Missing Soulmate by ThrillPlus: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Go on.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by Saturn101: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2023
Next please.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
She looked at me in seriousness. "Really, you prayed about a mere bra? How exactly did you say the prayer?"

I laughed shortly. "The prayer was that God should reveal the mystery behind its disappearance."

She chuckled. "I see. What a prayer."

I tried to assure her. "Don't worry. Next time I go to church, I will pray for you."

"Must you go to church before you can say the prayer?"

What a brilliant question. "No. As a matter of fact, God is everywhere, and one can pray anywhere."

She nodded in agreement. "So, why don't you pray for me right now?"

I was amazed. Was she pulling my legs? "Are you serious, Mariam?"

"Come on, Mike. I can't be joking with prayer matters."

Alright, now that she had made me emergency prayer warrior, I would oblige.

"Okay, let's pray. Oh Lord, our everlasting Father, we your children have come before You. First and foremost, we want to thank You for Your goodness, mercy and compassion. We pray that you will continue to be merciful to us in Jesus name. I pray specifically for your daughter, Mariam; Lord, shower her with mercy in Jesus name. Whatever is her heart desire, grant unto her in Jesus name. Let Your Spirit reign in her life in Jesus name. Thank you Father for answered prayer. In Jesus name we prayed. Amen."

It was note-worthy that along the prayers, she was saying fervent amen.

"Wonderful. So, you can pray like this," she enthused. "I can see you becoming a pastor in a short time."

I laughed briefly over this. She went to the side where she kept some pots and a small gas cooker. "I want to prepare lunch, if you don't mind," she said.

2 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by Awesome05: 10:18am On Nov 20, 2023
Awesome.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is beautiful 🤩
Keep it coming OP

1 Like

Re: The Missing Soulmate by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:09am On Dec 03, 2023
Why has this lovely story gone cold? Please Op cine back and complete it.

1 Like

Re: The Missing Soulmate by Kawo9ze(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
Waiting for next update!

2 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 9:26am On Dec 07, 2023
I laughed briefly over this. She went to the side where she kept some pots and a small gas cooker. "I want to prepare lunch, if you don't mind," she said.

I stood up to go.

"No, no, I don't mean you should go," she said quickly.

I smiled. "I know, but I only came around to greet you. And I've done that."

"Oh." She looked a little bit disappointed.

"Don't worry," I said with a smile. "We'll still be seeing each other." I winked at her and left.

Back in my room, I had to caution myself. I must not be carried away by Mariam. Faith was still my love until it was proved beyond reasonable doubt that she was no longer mine. I wanted to be patient and fair to her. Developing affection for Mariam could create complications if in a short time Faith came to her senses. I changed the chanel of the television to watch live football match, but it was an uninspiring one and I soon found myself dozing off. I woke up when knock sounded at my door.

On opening the door, I found Mariam with a tray of food.

"I brought you this," she said, handing the tray to me.

"Oh, but you shouldn't have bothered," I said, almost coyly.

"It's swallow food. I hope you like it."

I smiled. "Thank you so much, Mariam. I really appreciate this."

I took the tray from her and set it on the centre table. It was amazing how things had changed between yesterday and today. About twenty-eight hours ago, Mariam was pestering me about her missing underwear. Now, the same lady was the one serving me hot food. All the same, my mind said I should thread cautiously. There were two plates and a bottle of water in the tray. I opened the first plate and found it contained yellow garri made into hot big mould of eba.

As soon as I opened the second plate, aroma of the egusi soup with assorted meats hit my nose. I had not tasted it but I was sure it would be very delicious. Just then, there was a tap on the door and without waiting for response, the door was opened.

"Sorry for the intrusion," Mariam said. "What about your guest?"

"Oh, she's gone back. She left early this morning."

4 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by IkeIgboNiile(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Thanks for the update. Please keep it coming

1 Like

Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2023
"Sorry for the intrusion," Mariam said. "What about your guest?"

"Oh, she's gone back. She left early this morning."

Mariam nodded and left the room. I settled down to eat after sanctifying it in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, not minding the fact that I ate not long ago. The food was delicious, as expected. Between the cookery of Faith, Funmi and Mariam, Mariam was the best. Again, I had to caution myself against being enamoured to Mariam. After the meal, I took the plates to the kitchen for washing. I then returned them to Mariam, thanking her profusely.

"It's okay, Mike," she said modestly. "Any time."

I went back to my room. I did not eat anything again that day. Later, I ironed some clothes to get ready for work the following day, Monday.

I woke up early as usual. By five-thirty in the morning, I left home. Since I worked on Lagos Island, I must set forth at dawn. By ten minutes to eight I was in the office. As an accounting officer to a consulting firm, I must always dress corporately. During the lunch break, I sent a Whatsapp message to Faith. I greeted her and asked how was the night. The marks indicated that she had received the message, but she did not reply until after several minutes.
Her reply was a bombshell. "Get out of my life!" she wrote.

I was depressed. How could Faith write such a devastating thing? Much later, to my chagrin, I realized she had blocked my number. She also blocked me on other social media. Wow! Now, I believed, beyond any reasonable doubt that my relationship with Faith had hit the rock. There would be no need I called her again. I tried to put all my energy to work and to forget about her. After closing, I joined the staff bus and alighted at Maryland.

From there I would take a bus to Opebi. On our street, I thought of what i would eat that evening. There was still bread and sardines that could suffice. I could see light in Mariam's room and soft music coming from there. No, I didn't have the intention of seeing her today. I quietly went to my room.

The following day, I went to work early as usual, got busy and returned queitly to my room again. By eight p.m, Mariam called my line.

"Hello, good evening," she greeted.

"Good evening Mariam. How was the day?"

"Fine. You're at home now?"

"Yes, I came not long ago."

3 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 8:37am On Dec 17, 2023
Re: The Missing Soulmate by Janet96(f): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
Interesting update.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
The following day, I went to work early as usual, got busy and returned queitly to my room again. By eight p.m, Mariam called my line.

"Hello, good evening," she greeted.

"Good evening Mariam. How was the day?"

"Fine. You're at home now?"

"Yes, I came not long ago."

"Okay, I'm coming now."

I grinned. "Alright, see you."

In a couple of minutes, she was in my room.

"Hello, Mariam."

"Hello, Mike. How was work?"

"Fine. And yours?"

"Fine too. Your face is suddenly scarce."

I smiled. I offered her a seat. "You know how the routine is. One will wake up early to work, work strenously, and come back late and tired. It's not easy."

She nodded. "I agree with you. Those of us working within Ikeja axis don't know the merit."

I nodded. "Exactly."

There was a moment of silence. I changed the television station to a news channel.

"Have you heard from your girlfriend?" she suddenly asked. "Have you reconciled?"

I shook my head emphatically. "The relationship is beyond redemption. She has clearly told me to forget about her."

"Sorry about that," Mariam offered.

I tried a smile. "It's okay. Such is life. We move on."

"I would have brought you some food, but I didn't cook this evening."

"It's okay, Mariam. I don't have any entitlement to that."

My phone started to ring. It was a surprise that Funmi was the one calling. "Excuse me," I told Mariam as I picked the call.

3 Likes

Re: The Missing Soulmate by Janet96(f): 7:38am On Jan 07
Nice one.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by IkeIgboNiile(m): 9:05am On Jan 09
I really love this story. Please continue, don't stop.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by rawfacts2023: 1:34pm On Jan 09
My phone started to ring. It was a surprise that Funmi was the one calling. "Excuse me," I told Mariam as I picked the call.

"Hello, Funmi."

"Hello, Michael. Is this the best treatment you can give to me?"

"I don't understand what you mean?"

"How will you understand? I left your place since Sunday morning and you never called me since then."

"But you left in anger," I reminded her. "You barely responded to my farewell that day."

"Does that mean you should never call me again?"

I shook my head in perplexity. "Alright, Funmi. I'm sorry for not calling you."

She seemed molified. "Apology accepted."

Before I could say anything, further, she cut the line. Phew, what a lady! Mariam was looking at me curiously.

"That was Funmi, my ex girlfriend that came on Saturday. Things did not go well between us and she left in anger on Sunday morning. I had not contacted her since then, and she just called to express her displeasure over it."

Mariam nodded. There was a long pause. "Did you have sex with her?" she asked suddenly.

I wasn't expecting that and I was thrown off balance.

"In all honesty, no."

Another long pause. "Why?" she asked.

Now, I was getting baffled.

"Why what?"

She looked at me solemnly. "Why didn't you do it with her?"

I became solemn too. "I have learnt that sex is overrated; that sex should be controlled; and that sex should be between a man and his wife only."

Mariam looked away for some time and then stared at me again. I was ready for another question from her.

"Are you saying, in all honesty, that in any relationship you have with a female henceforth - no matter how intimate - there will be no sex?"

I nodded. "I don't deceive myself that it will be easy, but, yes, that is what I intend to do. I pray the Lord will continue to be my strenght."

She suddenly smiled. "I will help you to say Amen to that."

1 Like

Re: The Missing Soulmate by Janet96(f): 7:04am On Jan 13
Nice update.
Re: The Missing Soulmate by Saturn101: 6:28pm On Jan 18
Ride on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] / Who Said English Is Easy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.