Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke (1758 Views)

Tinubu Committee Is Slow, Real Palliatives May Be Delayed – Panel Member / $600m Steel Plant Will Be Nigeria’s Highest Non-oil FDI – Gupta / $2b Bank Fraud: FG Probes 2 Serving Ministers, Ex-cbn Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by firstjoe(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
Abusiness magnate and Pro-Chancellor of Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State, Dr. Deji Adeleke, has explained the reasons the ongoing construction of a 1,250-megawatt power plant which cost $2 billion in Ajebandele village, Ondo State may be delayed for one year.
Adeleke one of the leading industrialists in Nigeria commenced the project a few years ago to complement the existing 4,000 megawatts of Nigeria.
Addressing the 9th set of graduates of Adeleke University Ede, Osun State, Adeleke disclosed that looters invaded the power plant site to steal components of the turbine machines which cost $ 5 million and may lead to delay in delivering the project in record time.

In his speech, entitled, ‘Change Begins with You’, Adeleke counseled that citizenship comes with responsibilities which will go a long way in nation building, saying, “Everybody must contribute its quota, by doing the right thing and then we will hold our leaders accountable.”

He said: “I am building a 1250MW power plant, Nigeria has about 5,000 MW, adding mine to it is a lot. The cost is $2 billion. We started it in a village in Ondo state. We brought in turbines that cost about $72 million
“The construction of the project engaged over 1000 people and at a minimum 200 to 300 people will come from that village, that is for direct employment not to talk of indirect. The few security that we engaged are to protect our engineers so that they will not be kidnapped so we need young men from that village to help us guide the power plant.”

”Last month, we discovered that some of the turbines have been broken into, some of the components built with copper have been looted, those components were yanked off in each of those turbines, these are heavy items that will require at least 10 people to lift single one. This means that somebody would have brought in a truck at night to carry those things away.
“The project will be delayed for another year to get those things they looted back. This is going to cost us a minimum of $5 million to replace. So can we blame our leaders for that? These are young peoples in their twenties that we employed. We have to sack them out of the plant and bring in securities from top agencies in Nigeria to man and take over the whole plant. I am sure that those things they looted, they won’t seek it for N5 million.”

Adeleke explained that he turned down an exemption letter from the United Arab Emirates(UAE) because the country had banned Nigerians from visiting the country.
“I buy a lot of spare parts from a company based in Dubai, so I was sent a letter that I will be given a special exemption to be visiting Dubai if I wanted to, so I told them that I am not interested, if Nigerians are not welcome to come to Dubai, why should I be happy to get an exception to go to Dubai, what is Dubai anyway?”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-my-2b-power-plant-will-be-delayed-for-one-year-adeleke/

4 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by LagosFirstSon: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
Adeleke is doing well for his people

10 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Acekidc4(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
👏👏

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Ikaeniyan0: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Adeleke should please make sure they rot in jail. You will also see these set of people complaining about politicians
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Solofresh2: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Dey play
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Ola9ja23: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Lovely.

We need more of this in SW as the economy power of the nation that we are.

We are pacesetter for others.

Good one from Adeleke family

5 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Gentle men don't make noise like Oga Atiku , the only perform wonders unlike .....

Anyway I hope I am safe, this one Google is showing I am in Bama Borno

1 Like

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by merit455(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
jackcanfield:
Gentle men don't make noise like Oga Atiku , the only perform wonders unlike .....

Anyway I hope I am safe, this one Google is showing I am in Bama Borno
Your stupidity is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 23, 2023
merit455:
And your wisdom is too little.

6 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by mamaafrik(m): 2:55am On Jul 23, 2023
Why are we not seeing this in lagos and Ogun state where there is market
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by gare(f): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2023
firstjoe:
Abusiness magnate and Pro-Chancellor of Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State, Dr. Deji Adeleke, has explained the reasons the ongoing construction of a 1,250-megawatt power plant which cost $2 billion in Ajebandele village, Ondo State may be delayed for one year.
Adeleke one of the leading industrialists in Nigeria commenced the project a few years ago to complement the existing 4,000 megawatts of Nigeria.
Addressing the 9th set of graduates of Adeleke University Ede, Osun State, Adeleke disclosed that looters invaded the power plant site to steal components of the turbine machines which cost $ 5 million and may lead to delay in delivering the project in record time.

In his speech, entitled, ‘Change Begins with You’, Adeleke counseled that citizenship comes with responsibilities which will go a long way in nation building, saying, “Everybody must contribute its quota, by doing the right thing and then we will hold our leaders accountable.”

He said: “I am building a 1250MW power plant, Nigeria has about 5,000 MW, adding mine to it is a lot. The cost is $2 billion. We started it in a village in Ondo state. We brought in turbines that cost about $72 million
“The construction of the project engaged over 1000 people and at a minimum 200 to 300 people will come from that village, that is for direct employment not to talk of indirect. The few security that we engaged are to protect our engineers so that they will not be kidnapped so we need young men from that village to help us guide the power plant.”

”Last month, we discovered that some of the turbines have been broken into, some of the components built with copper have been looted, those components were yanked off in each of those turbines, these are heavy items that will require at least 10 people to lift single one. This means that somebody would have brought in a truck at night to carry those things away.
“The project will be delayed for another year to get those things they looted back. This is going to cost us a minimum of $5 million to replace. So can we blame our leaders for that? These are young peoples in their twenties that we employed. We have to sack them out of the plant and bring in securities from top agencies in Nigeria to man and take over the whole plant. I am sure that those things they looted, they won’t seek it for N5 million.”

Adeleke explained that he turned down an exemption letter from the United Arab Emirates(UAE) because the country had banned Nigerians from visiting the country.
“I buy a lot of spare parts from a company based in Dubai, so I was sent a letter that I will be given a special exemption to be visiting Dubai if I wanted to, so I told them that I am not interested, if Nigerians are not welcome to come to Dubai, why should I be happy to get an exception to go to Dubai, what is Dubai anyway?”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-my-2b-power-plant-will-be-delayed-for-one-year-adeleke/

Why no proper security for a project like that, its your fault an investment of that magnitude should be well protected, it will not cost you more one tenth of the cost of the parts stolen to get proper security for the plant.

1 Like

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by jerus(m): 6:03am On Jul 23, 2023
He should have engaged the services of foreigners to execute his project. We Nigerians are never not sincere, always looking for loopholes. And his security architecture on the project is poor.
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Praxis758: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2023
What benefits do those youths derive in stealing the turbine?

While someone is thinking of solution (job creation) others are thinking of how to destabilize the solution.

We just have to change our mentality in this part of the world.
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Irupetepete: 6:14am On Jul 23, 2023
Delta people Complain about not being employed by agip and Co is why they became militants.
Adeleke employed indigenes and they set him back another one year wit loss of $5million.
We are mostly the problem of ourselves...
We sacrifice our future for today's bread..

6 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by SendoSendal: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2023
From this analysis, it will cost $2billion to built a 1250 megawatt power plant. So why can't Nigerian government divert the savings from subsidy removal to building more power plant so our electricity can improve and people won't need to buy as much fuel again. Most of the things we use petrol for can be powered by electricity, leaving just vehicles. Instead of distributing cash to people, which is the dumbest policy I have heard of in recent times, they could divert the savings from subsidy removal into power generation, which everybody will benefit from. If government outline how many megawatts they will add to the grid annually from subsidy savings, people won't be agitated as much. Infact they will appreciate the sacrifice they are making a lot more because they can see the gains. I wonder the type of economic guys around the President. It seems the president and his team weren't prepared for this assignment. There are no solid and well thought out plans on ground that shows convincing preparedness. All our politicians seem to be the same. No one seems to have that creative wand

4 Likes

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Ahmed0336(m): 6:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Later, Nigerians will be blaming Dangote for employing Indians and other Nationals. Truthfully those people are more honest than Nigerians.
It's shameful that most Nigerians have high tendencies to steal if found in position to.

Tufiakwa!!!!!
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Bobloco: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2023
merit455:

You don't blame that fellow because in his entire life, probably he may have not taken a trip outside his village/state

Tell him to visit Adamawa state to see Atiku's investments there

Counsel him more to always try to get out of his enclave and learn
Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Ezmans: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Adeleke should please make sure they rot in jail. You will also see these set of people complaining about politicians
fear this aboki people

1 Like

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2023
Ungrateful people from that zone...Cowards,skull miners now energy thieves..

God help us

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by AmotekunSW: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Later, Nigerians will be blaming Dangote for employing Indians and other Nationals. Truthfully those people are more honest than Nigerians.
It's shameful that most Nigerians have high tendencies to steal if found in position to.

Tufiakwa!!!!!

Even Dangote that employed foreigners, if you know how much equipment Nigerians have stolen at the Refinery he's constructing.

1 Like

Re: Why My $2b Power Plant Will Be Delayed For One Year – Adeleke by Obakoolex(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Great one from the Adelekes.... Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Tinubu Scraps Ministry Of Niger Delta Affairs – Sources / The Inside Scoop About Olusola Saraki? / Obama Checking Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.