Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? (538 Views)

How Can I Connect My Thin Client To Mifi Network? / Help! Can I Connect My Pc Wifi To Phone / How Do I Connect My Laptop To A Mixer And Record With The Audacity Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Senkasa(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2023
Apart from using MiFi or Modem, Is there any other way I can share my mobile data for my laptop because my phone's hotspot (Camon 18i) is bad and doesn't turn on (meaning it can't share data for another phone)?
Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Viktori(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2023
Yes, since the hotspot isn't working, using the USB Tethering option. It works with you connecting your phone to your cord (mind you some cords may not work), to your pc.

On your phone go to your Hotspot & Tethering option then enable USB Tethering (that's if it doesn't popup immediately as you connect the cord to your pc.

Furthermore, you may still use the Bluetooth Tethering method, just connect your phone and pc via bluetooth and enable the Bluetooth Tethering.

Violá

3 Likes

Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Senkasa(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2023
Viktori:
Yes, since the hotspot isn't working, using the USB Tethering option. It works with you connecting your phone to your cord (mind you some cords may not work), to your pc.

On your phone go to your Hotspot & Tethering option then enable USB Tethering (that's if it doesn't popup immediately as you connect the cord to your pc.

Furthermore, you may still use the Bluetooth Tethering method, just connect your phone and pc via bluetooth and enable the Bluetooth Tethering.

Violá

Ok.

I have tried the two options but non worked cos whenever I open my phone settings and click on the "more connections" it will just hang and won't open.. I even tried downloading some settings app on playstore but it still didn't open.

I think the question now should be what can I do to stop the hanging?

I don't know if I should take the phone to carlcare and fix it. I just got it last year March.

What do you think?

Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Viktori(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hello,

Your phone may be hanging from various reasons (insufficient space, old OS, running background apps, etc).

However, if the hanging issue starts only when you engage in Tethering, then I may suggest it's a software issue which can be soughted out by the engineers. Go to to Carlcare.

1 Like

Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by debeginin(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
Click on the Hotspot and Tethering instead.
If your laptop has Bluetooth capability,use the Bluetooth tethering if USB tethering ain't working.
Senkasa:

Ok.

I have tried the two options but non worked cos whenever I open my phone settings and click on the "more connections" it will just hang and won't open.. I even tried downloading some settings app on playstore but it still didn't open.

I think the question now should be what can I do to stop the hanging?

I don't know if I should take the phone to carlcare and fix it. I just got it last year March.

What do you think?
Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Adewale1603(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Senkasa:
Apart from using MiFi or Modem, Is there any other way I can share my mobile data for my laptop because my phone's hotspot (Camon 18i) is bad and doesn't turn on (meaning it can't share data for another phone)?
using USB tethering, and Bluetooth tethering internet connections are slow in browsing, USB tethering will still be draining your laptop battery, cos you've to connect the cable to your phone.
Best thing is to get another 4g phone and use its hotspot or get a external mifi or WiFi.
I don't recommend Modem

1 Like

Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Senkasa(m): 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
Adewale1603:
using USB tethering, and Bluetooth tethering internet connections are slow in browsing, USB tethering will still be draining your laptop battery, cos you've to connect the cable to your phone.
Best thing is to get another 4g phone and use its hotspot or get a external mifi or WiFi.
I don't recommend Modem

Ok. Thanks for the insight. But why don't you recommend modem?
Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Adewale1603(m): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Senkasa:

Ok. Thanks for the insight. But why don't you recommend modem?
it's slow and outdated
Re: How Do I connect my Android Phone Data To My Laptop? by Senkasa(m): 1:15am On Aug 01, 2023
Adewale1603:
it's slow and outdated

Oh okay

(1) (Reply)

Cisco Unveils Ultra-fast Internet Technology / How Fast Is Your Internet? / It Is Finally Here At Last. Send Applications With Your Java Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.