Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,147 members, 7,867,338 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

Ikire Flooding: Lere Oyewumi Commends Gov. Adeleke, Egbedun, Commissioner - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ikire Flooding: Lere Oyewumi Commends Gov. Adeleke, Egbedun, Commissioner (97 Views)

Adewale Egbedun Greets Adewale Irekandu At 39 / Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) / Tajudeen Alabi, NULGE Chairman Burnt To Death As Fire Razed Shops In Ikire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikire Flooding: Lere Oyewumi Commends Gov. Adeleke, Egbedun, Commissioner by Jimsonjaat96(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2023
Ikire Flooding: Lere Oyewumi Commends Gov. Adeleke, Egbedun, Commissioner For Environment for Quick Response

The Senator representing Osun West Senatorial District, Sen. Olalere Oyewumi, has commended the State Governor, Sen. Ademola Adeleke, for initiating quick intervention over the flooding disaster that occurred in Ikire on Saturday.

Oyewumi who doubles as the Deputy Minority Leader of the Nigerian Senate, also hailed the Speaker of Osun State House of Assembly Rt. Hon. Adewale Egbedun, and Commissioner for Environment, Hon. Mayowa Adejoorin for their show of solidarity with the people of Ikire, especially victims in the aftermath of the flooding incident in the ancient town, noting that their words and actions meant a lot during the challenging period.

In a statement he personally signed on Sunday, Akogun Lere particularly appreciated the Commissioner for Environment, Hon. Mayowa Adejoorin, for swiftly visiting the site of the flooding for an on-the-spot assessment, adding that the leadership shown by the Adeleke-led administration was precise and assuring of a permanent solution to the disaster.

He said it is only when those in authority and other stakeholders work together, that difficult situations can be overcome, expressing strong hope that help is in sight.

The statement reads: “On behalf of my people, I want to express my profound gratitude to the Osun state government, Speaker of Osun State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Adewale Egbedun, and Commissioner for Environment and Sanitation, Hon. Mayowa Adejoorin for their efforts to ensure that the damage caused by the flooding is limited. What they have done in the past 24 hours is a clear demonstration of the importance the Adeleke administration attached to the life and properties of residents, and as a representative of the people, I am deeply moved by their efforts."

"It is gratifying and highly commendable to see what the Osun State government is doing to bring succor to the affected area. So, I like to assure our people that the government is doing everything to make sure they get over this disturbing incident and forestall future occurrences," he stressed.

Media Unit,
Office of the Deputy Minority Leader,
Nigerian Senate.

(1) (Reply)

Phone Repair Shop Software: Streamlining Your Business For Success / Ayurveda Website Design - Medibrandox / Wedding Cupcakes In Toronto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.