Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. (628 Views)

See The 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland / The 4 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. / Top 3 Most Significant Convictions Secured By EFCC In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by GreatBoss: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
1. Igbo
2. Yoruba
3. Ijaw

@General Ditari.
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
GreatBoss:
1. Igbo
2. Yoruba
3. Ijaw

@General Ditari.
I have spent quality time in the following states..
1. Adamawa
2. Anambra
3. Ekiti
4. Nasarawa
5. Rivers.

I haven't seen nor interacted with any one that claims he/she is ijaw by tribe.. In fact in Rivers State, Bonny precisely. Most Indigenes speak Igbo as their local language, not Ijaw nor even Ibani is spoken there.

So I wonder where is the so called population of the Ijaws is..?

4 Likes

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Yj090: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
Igbo should be no.1 for sure

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Wainey: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I have spent quality time in the following states..
1. Adamawa
2. Anambra
3. Ekiti
4. Nasarawa
5. Rivers.

I haven't seen nor interacted with any one that claims he/she is ijaw by tribe.. In fact in Rivers State, Bonny precisely. Most Indigenes speak Igbo as their local language, not Ijaw nor even Ibani is spoken there.

So I wonder where is the so called population of the Ijaws is..?
first, in portharcourt, u will hardly see someone that speak his dialect, we have 28 indigenous languages, so English is used to them
Don't compare Rivers to Anambra that is 80% Igbo.

If there is a good population of Ijaw on NL, then there is a tendency that Rivers State has alot of Ijaw too who are on a low key.

BTW, @OP, I think those three are not the most popular but the most talkertive
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Weknowbetter: 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
Going by nairaland.com the only tribes that are mentioned everyday are yoruba igbo and fulani

3 Likes

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by yarimo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Yj090:
Igbo should be no.1 for sure
yes because

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Wainey:
first, in portharcourt, u will hardly see someone that speak his dialect, we have 28 indigenous languages, so English is used to them
Don't compare Rivers to Anambra that is 80% Igbo.

If there is a good population of Ijaw on NL, then there is a tendency that Rivers State has alot of Ijaw too who are on a low key.

BTW, @OP, I think those three are not the most popular but the most talkertive
Its not possible that Ijaw are among the top three tribes in NL..

Based on street interactions in Nigeria, Ijaw cannot find themselves in top 6 tribes in the country.
Minority tribes like Tiv, Fulani & Igala are way much more than the Ijaws.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by GreatBoss: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Based on street interactions in Nigeria, Ijaw cannot find themselves in top 6 tribes in the country.
Ijaws are more than Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Wainey: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I no get time to argue with you.
Wikipedia and other statistics sites place Ijaw as above Tiv and Igala, but you are here forming ur own stats
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Depriest2020: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
So my tribe is not amongst the top 3?
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by Weknowbetter: 5:43am On Jul 25, 2023
GreatBoss:

Ijaws are more than Igbos.

Do you understand the assignment? Read the thread title again
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by chrisxxx(m): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2023
Weknowbetter:
Going by nairaland.com the only tribes that are mentioned everyday are yoruba igbo and fulani
Yoruba and Igbo electronically attack themselves here. Igbo electronically as well attacks Fulani. Fulani physically attacks both Igbo and Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by 001Lagos: 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2023
True
Re: Names Of 3 Most Popular Tribes On Nairaland. by oilyngbati(m): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Igbo because of their victim mentality….always crying

Yoruba…because they act on the defensive

Fulani/Hausa….because others jealous them for their political sagacity

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Joins Chicago University Alumni In 2023 / Bua Cement Deport Across Nigeria / Why Tinubu Stays Ahead Of Critics With Mischief On Their Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.