Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool (1701 Views)

Army To Investigate Officers For Torturing Hotel Manager To Death In Abia / How I Escaped Being Raped By A Hotel Manager ― Osun Serving Corps Member / Mentally Unstable Nigerian In Malaysia Dips Girl's Head In Swimming Pool (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by IzunnaOkafor(m): 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

The Hotel Manager, Cosmila Hotel, Awka, Anambra State, Mr. Akuneziri Stanley, has cleared the air over the controversy trailing the recent death of a lady, identified as Miss Chinyere Awuda, whose corpse was recently discovered in an abandoned swimming pool in the Hotel.

Narrating how it all happened, Mr. Akuneziri said the incident happened at about 4:30am on Monday, July 17, 2023 in the hotel's club, against publications by some armchair bloggers who erroneously said the incident happened on a Saturday night. He also explained that the incident happened during the unveiling of a fashion brand known as “Good Life,” which held in the club; and not during a birthday party as many bloggers and social media influencers also erroneously claim in their publications.

He said the incident started when someone in the club raised alarm that Miss Awuda pilfered bundles of money (about ₦200,000) that a friend of the host gave to him as a support to the launching of his brand.

He said: “You know he was the person who organized the event and called the guest artistes who performed at the show; and so, he needed to recover his money. So, his friends were spraying him money. They benevolently allowed people to pick the ones that fell in the general place inside the club as is usually the case in some clubs. But they were told not to pick the ones thrown to host of the event at the VIP.

“So, a friend of his gave him a bundle of money, about ₦200,000; and he gave it to his sister to keep for him in a nylon where he was putting his money. When the sister now kept the money in the nylon, this young girl, Chizzy, on seeing it, now went for the money and collected it from the nylon. So, when they noticed it, they started chasing her.”

Mr. Akuneziri, who explained that, although he was not inside the club when the incident was happening, said some of the eyewitnesses attested that the owner of the said money, popularly known as ‘Bullion Van’, slapped her when he and some of his friends first grabbed her, before she escaped and started running around to look for somewhere to hide, for her safety, as was captured by the CCTV cameras in the hotel premises.

According to the CCTV obtained by this reporter, Izunna Okafor; Miss Awuda was seen running towards the other side (extension) of the Hotel, trying to find a hiding spot for herself. The extension side she ran to, as was observed by this reporter, is the region where the hotel's former swimming pool is located. The CCTV footage also showed some people purported to be her pursuers as they also went towards that direction in search of her, but eventually lost track of her and went back. Two men later returned to the area and also went back after a short while.

“As you can see in the CCTV footage, she first ran to the car park in that extension side and hid herself in front of one of the cars there,” Akuneziri said, adding that “They came to that side looking for her, but didn't see her; and so, they went back.”

“You can also see her as she ran out from that car park and went farther, looking for another place to hide, maybe thinking that the people might still come after her again,” he narrated.

The CCTV cameras, however, did not capture where Miss Awuda eventually hid or any further movement by her thereafter; only for her lifeless body to be seen afloat on the abandoned swimming pool later the morning. It was on that premise that Mr. Akuneziri opined that she might have missed her step and fallen into the abandoned pool when she was running to that side to hide without knowing that there was a pool there, and given that the area was dark.

Touring this reporter, Izunna Okafor round the hotel to have an on-the-spot assessment; the Cosmila Manager also opined that how secluded and distanced the abandoned pool is from the busy parts of the hotel would also make it impossible for anyone to hear or see any drowning person who cries from the pool side for rescue or assistance; in addition to the music that was playing in the hotel's bar all through the night till the following morning.

While describing Miss Awuda's death as painful, he, however, debunked as erroneous and unfounded, the claims by some people who said she was beaten to death in the club and while the hotel management dumped her body inside the pool.

“Even you, check it and tell me how possible it would be for a group of people to beat a lady to death in such a crowded club as this without any single person coming to her rescue; and then, they thereafter carry her body and walk all the long distance from the club down to the former pool side, passing the bars, the boutique, the salon, and the car park to go and dump her in the pool, without anybody seeing or making videos of them. In this Nigeria?” he wondered.

Asked what the security men in the hotel were doing when the incident was happening, Mr. Akuneziri explained they were seen controlling the situation by trying to calm Billion Van and the other people down, which he said, was also captured in the CCTV footage.

He further added that it was the owner of the Hotel who ordered the apprehension and detention of Bullion Van and his accomplices in the morning when Miss Awuda's relatives came looking for her, to make sure none of them escaped. He said it was also the owner of the hotel himself who involved the police in the matter and invited them to come and pick up the suspects where they were held in the hotel, given the allegations that they had issues with her in the club.

Mr. Akuneziri therefore wondered why some people would be accusing, blaming and criticizing the hotel over the matter. He also lamented that some people have also started trending his pictures on the social media with unfunny captions and write-ups in connection with the case, as if he was the person who murdered Miss Awuda.

“Remember, the hotel was just the venue used for the event of unveiling of the fashion brand, during which the incident happened; and no single staff of the hotel was involved in anything that happened there that day. So I really wonder why some people are making wrong accusations against me and the hotel management,” he said.

These notwithstanding, efforts and investigations are already on top gear to unravel the actual cause of Miss Awuda's death and other circumstances surrounding her death, as the case has since been transferred to the State CID, as was confirmed by the Spokesperson of the Anambra State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu.

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Oloki: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2023
The story long, l beg

This story look somehow; I wonder if anything can come out of this investigation.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Solsix(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hmm, which one we go come believe now

1 Like

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Fragility6: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
See as them dey narrate cctv footage give us like film. She ran here, she ran there as seen in the cctv video. Where the video? Nigeria journalism🤦‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Franzinni: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2023
I deduce she was killed becasue there is no mention of the money. If she slipped and fell ok did the money disappear ?

1 Like

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Justbehave(m): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
Franzinni:
I deduce she was killed becasue there is no mention of the money. If she slipped and fell ok did the money disappear ?
Go back and read again to know what happened to the money.

4 Likes

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by seborrhic: 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
It's this kind of cover up that put that Oyo or is it Ogun hotelier in trouble,facing the hangman.
They are a bit lucky that the incident didn't happen in Lagos.With the social media coverage,I bet if it was in Lagos,by today Monday being a working day,the hotel would have been sealed before any further investigation.
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Franzinni: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Go back and read again to know what happened to the money.
oga maybe my eyes are bad, I would like you to show me where they wrote what happens to the money .. becasue what I am reading doesn't make any mention of the money
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Justbehave(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
seborrhic:
It's this kind of cover up that put that Oyo or is it Ogun hotelier in trouble,facing the hangman.
They are a bit lucky that the incident didn't happen in Lagos.With the social media coverage,I bet if it was in Lagos,by today Monday being a working day,the hotel would have been sealed before any further investigation.
The both incidents re not same although the hotel has been sealed too to aid investigation
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Creamypie(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
1. So where is d money, as we haven't headed anything? Was it recovered b4 she still ran to the swimming pool? Then y running? On the other hand,na Very useless girl. Na so some 2 sluts in a vehicle I was traveling from owerri to onitsha in were discussing. One said she picked 60k plus at e-money's party, held in owerri, the other one picked 40k plus. She was even asking the other one if she had e- moneys p.a number so she could meet e- money.
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Morbeta11(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
Autopsy will be conducted to determine the real cause of death...no need for speculation...
She died doing what she loves most ( Clubbing)
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Justbehave(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Morbeta11:
Autopsy will be conducted to determine the real cause of death...no need for speculation...
She died doing what she loves most ( Clubbing)
True @ autopsy

1 Like

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Angrygoat: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
She stole a d she died. Simple
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by belej2: 1:32am On Jul 25, 2023
WE HAVE ALL KINDS OF CLEAN CARS PLUS LANDED PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN LEKKI/AJAH AXIS

FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUR PROFILE

CALL OR WHATSAPP 08149577728
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by kokoA(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2023
This is a more believable story. I can't imagine how people will stand by and watch a LADY beaten to death. No matter what her offence was, people would have intervened or the hotel management get security, police or whatever to rescue her. She stole the money and died in an attempt to escape or she escaped quite alright but someone else caught up with her, took the money from her and killed her to cover up.

1 Like

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Justbehave(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Franzinni:
oga maybe my eyes are bad, I would like you to show me where they wrote what happens to the money .. becasue what I am reading doesn't make any mention of the money
You lack comprehension if not you would have understood that the said money she took was retrieved from her by the owner and his friends when they grapped and slapped her. Then she escaped and started running out of fear. Go and read again Oga.
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by ThinkSmarter: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2023
A lady dressed up to a club without a male friend and stayed throughout the night.
As what?
She belong to the street and street don run am.
Not here to sympathize with a wayward lady that choose hookup.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Beverlyjean(f): 7:56am On Jul 25, 2023
It's even a shame that ladies will go to the club just to pick money being sprayed...have they no Shame ... and this is a trend in SE
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Blazebond(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2023
This manager is stupid,if she mistakenly fall inside the pool oya what about her bag and also the money that she stole? where they also recovered from the pool? This is a very stupid explanation.
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Ogilinsaka: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
That hotel is evil.

This same Cosmila hotel in Festac where Cynthia was killed in 2012

Remember guys?
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Benny90: 12:46am On Jul 26, 2023
Naija girls too dey misbehave whenever dey see money lol, that's the main source of their problem.
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by adecz: 6:08am On Jul 26, 2023
Police go don collect N2m💰 from
the hotel owner and organizers of
the event and now direct them how to
write their statement that will exonerate
them..

Unfortunately, this girl will not get
justice ⚖️for her killing.

Well, night crawlers should accept whatever
happens to them at night and the
girl sef seems to have her own problem
for stealing money wey dem spray..😐😐😐
Re: Cosmila Hotel Manager Clears The Air Over Death Of Lady In Swimming Pool by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2023
Collecting money that does not belong to you neither was it handed to you was actually wrong...

But, if I may say, proper investigation ought to be carried out using the CCTV and every information needed concerning her death.

I'm not buying in entiety wat this manager is talking about..NOT AT ALL

Cos Nigeria of today that I know, one who's in need of safety, survival or assistance would easily be passed by without battling an eyelid..😔

Everyone would bring out their phones to video, record and take a shot.. Datz it☹️

(1) (Reply)

Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] / Emeka Offor In Landmark Fight To Overturn Uk Deportation / Exclusion Order / Picture Of A Girl Smoking Weed And Reading The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.