Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:50 AM

Who Has Really Changed The World? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Who Has Really Changed The World? (4893 Views)

Poll: Who Has Really Changed The World?

Mark Zuckerberg: 12% (13 votes)
Bill Gates: 73% (79 votes)
Steve Jobs: 9% (10 votes)
Larry Page: 5% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

13 Photos That Sum Up How The World Has Changed For The Worse / Photos: Tour Through The Decades To Explore How Technology Has Changed. / The AK-47: The Gun That Changed The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Really Changed The World? by knotty(m): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2011
Who has had the most profound impact on technolgy and the way we live our lives today?

Mark Zuckerberg

Bill Gates

Steve Jobs

Larry page
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by skydancer: 2:14am On Oct 12, 2011
Bill Gates, Google and Facebook (Not Mark though tongue )

So essentially, I'm saying Bill Gates smiley
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by Freiburger(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2011
I think Bill Gates has made more impact.
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
bill who?

microsoft has zero original products

windows started out as a clone of apples gui os which was developed by xerox's palo alto research center

the first browser was the netscape navigator, after which ms ushered in the browser wars in a successful attempt to kill them

microsoft office is a collection of bought over applications.

microsoft did not invent the video game console - that goes to atari

you can also look up paul allen's idea man - one of the points he raised is that bill gates is more about copying ideas than implementing them

a person who changed the world for me - steve jobs - he gave us the pc, modern animated movies(pixar) the internet app store , a successsful model for selling movies and music online, and the ipad.
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by skydancer: 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2011
OMG! They call Bill Gates and this guy begins to rant about Microsoft?

You think being great or changing the world is about coding? No! It's about dreaming alive! He wanted a world and he did his best create that world? Wasn't he working with IBM and telling them the type of PC they should make? A PC that everyone could afford? Did IBM listen? And you mention Steve Jobs who barely ever had time to do anything good? His arrogance nearly cost him Apple. A smart smooth-talker who is always too protective of his ideas and talks about his products like they are made-in-heaven.

The people who really change the world are not necessarily inventors. These guys in front of the media are great visionaries and motivators; and that's all it takes to be a giant success.
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 13, 2011
steve jobs barely had time to do anything good?

the apple II was the first successful pc

the feature of windows which made it most popular for regular users - the point and click interface as i said was originally developed by xerox for apple

how do you 'change the world' by simply copying other innovators?

the people who change the world are those who take the risks and demonstrate that models are viable, not those who take up ideas after it is clear they have financial promise

bill gates the changer has always been playing catchup to others

you call bill gates a dreamer cheesy cheesy

bill gates is a cold blooded successful businessman - his dreamer days are long gone. you could call paul allen a dreamer, but bill, for real?

stop equating business success with being a visionary.
Re: Who Has Really Changed The World? by skydancer: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2011
Interesting. The old argument between which is better between invention and innovation. I too, believe invention is better than innovation. You surely do not think it's luck that made Windows the worldwide choice PC? Bill Gates wanted you and me (the common people) to have personal computers, and you should be grateful to him for that. Others didn't agree with him.
He worked with steve Jobs together on Apple II, it wasn't just Steve's thing. And Steve with his arrogance would never buy the idea of making computers cheap enough (even till his death). Yeah, Bill Gates is a dreamer, but Steve was even a lesser dreamer, and it's big dreamers that win, that's why we say dream big  tongue But I understand you're incapable of that, your strong down-to-earth and critical and over-analytic attitude won't allow you, will it?

Bill Gates is cold-blooded? Wow, let's clap for you  grin If being cold-blooded is offering billions of dollars to poor and incapacitated people, offering students incentives to make solutions for the world, and trying to make the common man have a PC, then Steve Jobs was ice-blooded  cool

Stop equating what? I wasn't the one who said 'What a man can conceive, he can achieve'. IMO, I think you should stop trying to see everything your way  wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Download From Youtube Savefrom.net / 1997 Honda Accord Radio Unlock Code / African American Women Inventors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.