Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives (10288 Views)

Subsidy Removal: TUC Gives FG Two-week Ultimatum / House Approves Tinubu’s Request For N500billion on Palliatives / TUC Gives Govs 21-day Ultimatum On Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by ijustdey: 7:02am On Jul 25, 2023
Trade Union Congress (TUC) of Nigeria has issued a fresh two-week ultimatum, demanding that the federal government fast track planned palliatives measures to ease the burden on the citizens caused by the fuel subsidy removal.

The stipulated time frame came in the light of the federal government’s apparent delay, several weeks after it hosted organised labour in a meeting where both parties agreed on the palliatives.

TUC said it felt that the Presidential Steering Committee is not working at an anticipated speed while Nigerians are suffering.

The labour centre at a briefing with journalists in Abuja said that the congress would no longer continue to hear “big grammar” around the proposed palliatives while Nigerians trek long distances to their places of business.

TUC national president, Comrade Festus Osifo, asked the Presidential Steering Committee on the palliatives to conclude its work quickly to meet the yearnings of “battered” Nigerian masses.

Osifo also demanded that the federal government lead by example and reduce the cost of governance rather than pushing the burden of the subsidy removal and making an injury to the poor Nigerians.

The congress vowed to mobilise action against the National Assembly if the legislative arm failed to justify the planned purchase of exotic vehicles for its members.

“We all know the suffering that Nigerian workers are passing today and indeed the entire Nigerian masses.

We understand the difficulty that workers are passing through as it stands today,” he noted.

He said,” We want the government to fast track and ensure that between now and the next two weeks all the committees must have submitted their work.”

He added that this is one of those things they felt that as the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, they must bring to the limelight, saying that they would do everything possible to ensure that the government listens to them and the government fast track these processes.

“Government cannot continuously ask the workers and the Nigeria masses to continuously tie their belts. We have adjusted our belt while in government, they are continuously increasing the largesse.

“If they tell us that it is not a business as usual, it should not be to the detriment of the battered Nigeria masses or the downtrodden Nigerian workers. They should live by example… in a situation whereby they are pushing a log of poverty to the masses and they are living in affluence, we will not allow that to work”, he added.

Other issues raised at the briefing include; government decisive action against insecurity, reinstatement of the Lagos State chapter of RTEAN, and policies that will support a good exchange rate, among others.

https://leadership.ng/tuc-gives-fg-2-week-ultimatum-on-palliatives/

1 Like

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2023
Renewed shege is here to stay. Una still dey speak grammar.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by 001Lagos: 7:13am On Jul 25, 2023
Toothless dogs barking as usual

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Rootprof(m): 7:13am On Jul 25, 2023
They just dey wake ni

2 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by TemplarLandry: 7:16am On Jul 25, 2023
Nigerian Labor Unions are funny.

I diss them with “Dem Go Dey Pose” by Baba Fryo. Great jam!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Taylor90: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2023
Before Tinubus suffering and smiling gang attack TUC

I hope you know the least TUC member is feeding fine and doing well regardless of the economy

Go ahead and use your brokenness with zero balance and N200mb to attack a union fighting for your broke ass future and that of your malnourished siblings

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Taylor90: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Says a supporter of his oppressor that doesn’t have a kobo

Kobo-A-Thon

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Spandy(m): 8:07am On Jul 25, 2023
This labour people are sold out, can't even threaten the government again. Nah wah oo

3 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Bobloco: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2023
cheesy
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by jeromestarks: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2023
Obi has never and will never become Nigerian president.

Jagaban of Africa is here to stay.

Modified: those of you quoting me, if I rain curses on you ehhh.
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by TooClassiic: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Lol let's see how it goes
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Muhylonaire007: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Lol... TUC and NLC are toothless bulldogs. Nobody will take them seriously.
Until we have TUC and NLC leadership that aren't compromised, what we have now is not but hungry comrades.

Everybody dey fight for their pocket ni

2 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Ikaeniyan0: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Even though the government is slow in rolling out palliatives a strike is not needed yet
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Puss360(f): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Lol... Empty vessel

1 Like

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Simeony007(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Since we voted for Tinubu we should endure the shege to the end grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Okortor: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2023
You are becoming so boring as you consistently support this administration, kindly get a Life!
TemplarLandry:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by honey001(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2023
As if TUC are capable of doing anything....

1 Like

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by clinician2x: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
No be only palliative. From 8k to sachet of fertilizer and then nothing.
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Sunofgod(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Pathetic joke....
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by id4sho(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2023
Useless palliatives. Flood market with cheap fertilizer and farm chemicals. Patch trunk A road for ease of trade and services. Useless palliatives that will be looted

Our labour unions don't really care about our needs
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by SoftP(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Q
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Latakia(f): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Se na only Federal government suppose give palliatives? Se TUC no see state governors?
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by clinician2x: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
jeromestarks:
Obi has nevyand will never become Nigerian president.

Jagaban of Africa is here to stay.

Miserable slaves in love with their chains.

Stockholm syndrome.

7 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Mozegee: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
The worst union i have ever seen. Shameless people with nothing to offer,just noise as usual.
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Dubetex96(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
NLC & TUC and other affiliated associates are all sell out only interested in enriching their pocket.

what happened to the proposed protest?

Nigerians defend yourself by yourself no one is coming to your rescue this I have seen
Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Creamypie(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
Mtchew. I hate to heat about all these unions eh from TUC to nlc to ASUU to nans. The only palliative is subsidy, resulting in deflation in prices of goods and services. Saving supposed subsidy money will still not be enjoyed in d tiniest bit by masses. What are d masses gaining even with absence of subsidy compared to when it was paid by earlier government b4 APC reintroduce hardship of military era. How I Miss obj/yar Adua/gej

2 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Mosba: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
TUC don't deceive workers, if after the two week FG didn't do anything tell us what you will do that court will not quash? TUC + NLC = toothless dog.

1 Like

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by JoshTim: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
I supported BAT and I also have the right to criticize him. The truth is, the subsidy removal and collapse of the exchange rate bites harder on all especially the low income and middle income earners. If they are fast about these policies, they should be fast about the palliatives too.

I expected the Ministerial list to be out by now,
I expected to see reforms, policies, and action plans on massive investment and private sector investment in agric.

What will it take the government to give incentive to mass unemployed persons to venture into agric.

What will it take for the government to give out easily accessible agric loans(minimum of 1million), fertilizers, trainings, allocation of farm lands and security of the same to unemployed youths.
The way out of poverty is simple....Agric diversification.

Our governors should be creative...don't give out cash for people to consume and worsen the economy as more money into unproductive activity will lead to more inflation. Rather, give out low interest loans for productive activity-Agric majorly and see how we defeat hunger, unemployment, crimes, and inflation. It's a simple economic policy.

13 Likes

Re: TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives by Tywo2018: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
They are always giving two weeks. People should be better move on with there lives. Thers people TUC/NLC trust them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs / PHOTOS: Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna Swears In As Kano Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.