Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) (866 Views)

Akpabio Responds To Criticism Of "Let The Poor Breathe" Motion / Moment Akpabio Laughed While Passing Motion To 'Allow Nigerians Breathe' (Video) / "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by Simpatico36: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
This is what it means by letting the poor to breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmdRy4DXWs
Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by Donwilson88: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
Everything that has advantage has its disadvantages and vise versa

Atleast people are relating well with their longlost relatives
Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by HRprof: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Some people are opening the book of lamentation already

Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by nairalanda1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Suffocating the poor is paying more and more money on subsidy...on top of a debt burden that is consuming 99% of our revenue, and which we have been using borrowed money for some time to pay for.

Time will come when we run out of money, and then we would be in deep problem

Forget Tinubu...Obi and Atiku too said they would remove subsidy if they were in charge...and for once I agree with them

It is suffer temporally now...or suffer something like us having zero money for nothing, IMF refusing to fund us anymore, and we stiill pay for subsidy...with imaginary money.

God knows, if we had gotten rid of this thing in 1993, we would be enjoying the benefit now.
Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by Nsogbu001(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
nairalanda1:
Suffocating the poor is paying more and more money on subsidy...on top of a debt burden that is consuming 99% of our revenue, and which we have been using borrowed money for some time to pay for.

Time will come when we run out of money, and then we would be in deep problem

Forget Tinubu...Obi and Atiku too said they would remove subsidy if they were in charge...and for once I agree with them

It is suffer temporally now...or suffer something like us having zero money for nothing, IMF refusing to fund us anymore, and we stiill pay for subsidy...with imaginary money.

God knows, if we had gotten rid of this thing in 1993, we would be enjoying the benefit now.

Proper arrangements should have been made. U dont just wake and remove subsidy just like that

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by Nsogbu001(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
HRprof:
Some people are opening the book of lamentation already
E go reach everybody shaaa

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by Simpatico36: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Donwilson88:
Everything that has advantage has its disadvantages and vise versa

Atleast people are relating well with their longlost relatives
Omo, this one much oo

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of *let The Poor Breathe* (video) by nairalanda1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Nsogbu001:

Proper arrangements should have been made. U dont just wake and remove subsidy just like that

Yeah, there is no spare money for palliatives.

That's why in my original comment you quoted....you would see me saying that we should have removed the thing in 1993, when we still had some possibility of savings...without borrowing. 2012 was the last chance we could remove subsidy without borrowing for possible 'palliatives', in my hard opinion.

Even now, we are removing it suddenly (I hate to speak for the government, and I don't like APC), because we are all loaned up. Any palliatives is going to be borrowed for, and even then DMO is yelling at the government not to even try it.

(1) (Reply)

Organs Of A Typical Military Junta / Governor Otti Commissions The First Road Project In Abia State. / President Appoints Mrs. Delu Bulus Yakubu CEO NSIPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.