Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The Descendant Of Apes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Descendant Of Apes (18401 Views)

How Is Jesus A Descendant Of David? / Jesus Is Not The Son Of David Neither A Descendant Of David / Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2011
IT IS VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SPENDING THEIR TIME AND ENERGY TRYING TO PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT THEY DESCENDED FROM APES. THEY SAID THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DISCOVER HOW THE WHOLE WORLD CAME INTO BEING (BIG BANG THEORY) WITHOUT A MASTERMIND OR CREATOR. THEY SAID EVERY LIVING BEING EVOLVED FROM SIMPLE CELLS AND GRADUALLY DEVELOPED TO BECOME COMPLEX ANIMALS WHICH LATTER EVOLVED INTO HUMAN BEINGS. THIS TO ME SOUND VERY ABSURD AND UNTHINKABLE. FOR SOMEBODY TO TELL ME THAT I AM A DESCENDANT OF APE  . IF THEY HAD BEEN RIGHT (THANKS TO GOD THAT THEY ARE NOT) I THINK ANOTHER APE SHOULD BY NOW HAVE EVOLVED INTO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR US ALL TO SEE.

I THINK BEHIND THIS WHOLE FACADE IS THE DEVIL TRYING TO USE THE MOST INTELLIGENT CREATED BEINGS TO DISCREDIT THEIR CREATOR. THAT IS WHY MAN COULD DISCEND SO LOW TO THING IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER VIZ:

"MY great grand father was APE
MY grand father was chimp
MY father is a monkey
I AM a descendant of apes AND MY NAME IS ,  GORILLA
MY SON'S NAME IS BABOON GORILLA !"  shocked embarassed
YOU NEED TO VISIT A ZOO TO APPRECIATE THIS !
THERE IS GOD. THERE IS A CREATOR WHO DESIGNED EVERY THING THAT EVER EXISTED THE WAY THEY WERE,ARE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE. WE ARE NOT EXISTING BY CHANCE. WE WERE DELIBERATELY CREATED (AND CAREFULLY SO) TO FULFILL DEFINITE PURPOSE IN THIS WORLD. IF YOU ARE YET TO DISCOVER YOURS FIND IT AND STOP HIDING UNDER THE EVOLUTION THEORY OF ACCIDENTAL AND PURPOSELESS EXISTENCE.
IT TAKES ONLY A FOOL TO SAY THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2011
It has been proved. your adam-eve theory is fit for bedtime story for kids.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2011
@ PAGAN 9JA It has been proved. your adam-eve theory is fit for bedtime story for kids.

THAT'S INTERESTING; PLS CONVINCE ME !
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2011
brother you can visit a museum. that will convince you. tongue
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2011
i came in year to laugh and I'm lol. the title is funny. I'm a descendant of God
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by unphilaz(m): 2:14am On Oct 09, 2011
toba i also am a descendant of God and not ape!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by manmustwac(m): 5:04am On Oct 09, 2011
unphilaz:

toba i also am a descendant of God and not ape!
Is your DNA linked to God or is it linked to apes?
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2011
@pagan 9ja. Those bones are fossils of dead animals that may have similarities but dinstinct in there creation. Dont be decieved !!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
my friend, we humans have similar genes, DNA, etc. By the Gods, IT HAS BEEN PROVED. this is very complex scientific matter and you must research it and only then talk about/against it. sad
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Human beings are not just descended from apes, we are apes. Over 95% of our DNA is identical with that of the common chimpanzee (Pan trogloides). Chimpanzees make and use tools in the wild, different chimp groups have distinct cultures, they catch human diseases. They learn human sign language the exact same way small children learn to talk. Each chimpanzee is self aware and experiences all the same emotions that we humans feel. Some of those who grew up among people smoke, drink alcohol, eat cornflakes (and prepare it themselves) use a toilet, watch TV and use ipads. Many of these facts are also true of the other (non-human) great apes. Some scientists evens suspect that lowland gorillas (Gorilla gorilla) believe in some sort of god

The differences between humans and the other great apes is a matter of quantity and not of quality. It's ignorance and conceit that makes us think we are unique. We most certainly are not.

BTW, for those of you who are interested in learning more about chimpanzee intelligence, there's a very nice documentary called Project Nim thats in theatres in the US right now. It'll probably be available on the torrents soon for us Naija-based peeps. Or you could try reading the wikipedia articles on chimpanzees and gorillas.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

Human beings are not just similar to apes, we are apes. Over 98% of our DNA is identical with that of the common chimpanzee (Pan trogloides). Chimpanzees make and use tools in the wild, different chimp groups have distinct cultures, they catch human diseases. They learn human sign language the exact same way small children learn to talk. Each chimpanzee is self aware and experiences all the same emotions that we humans feel. Some of those who grew up among people smoke, drink alcohol, eat cornflakes (and prepare it themselves) use a toilet, watch TV and use ipads. Many of these facts are also true of the other (non-human) great apes. Some scientists evens suspect that lowland gorillas (Gorilla gorilla) believe in some sort of god[/b]The differences between humans and the other great apes is a matter of quantity and not of quality. It's ignorance and conceit that makes us think we are unique. We most certainly are not.
BTW, for those of you who are interested in learning more about chimpanzee intelligence, there's a very nice documentary called Project Nim thats in theatres in the US right now. It'll probably be available on the torrents soon for us Naija-based peeps. Or you could try reading the wikipedia articles on chimpanzees and gorillas.

Couldn't find anthing on the bolded, where did you find out about it?

[b]Frosbel's cousins that creationism wants him to deny.

http://listverse.com/2011/05/22/top-10-capable-apes/
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hey humans. You shed your body hair and now you act uppity saying we don't have the same ancestor or share dna. This is how I feel about that.

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2011
Martian:

Couldn't find anthing on the bolded, where did you find out about it?

From a book called Songs of the Gorilla Nation by Dawn Prince-Hughes. The wikipedia article on gorillas cites it in the section on gorilla intelligence.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
I have read a lot about this ìssue. I wil be glad to see the documemtry . However, i hope they will also a chimp the eventually evolved to a human or human evolving to something else;after all evolution is a process not an event. Creation is an event and God is the creator.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
folaski:

I have read a lot about this ìssue. I wil be glad to see the documemtry . However, i hope they will also a chimp the eventually evolved to a human or human evolving to something else;after all evolution is a process not an event. Creation is an event and God is the creator.

Chimps are never going to evolve into humans, and humans didn't evolve from chimps. You clearly don't really understand evolution. You've probably been learning the creationists' perverted strawman version of it.

Follow the link below if you'd like to learn about the real thing. Evolution is the ultimate in scientific theories: simple, elegant, easy to understand and can be used to explain everything you throw at it.

evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/index.shtml
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
folaski:

So when mutations happen, is god trying out new techniques for creating things?

Evolution doesn't have goals like turning humans into something else, it's just little changes in genotypes that allow organisms to adapt to their environment.  Common ancestor doesn't mean that a gorilla will turn into a human being. You seem to think modern humans are the goal of evolution and other primates are apes that stopped evolving into humans so why don't you try to understand the theory better and stop thinking apes and other primates should evolve into humans.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

[img]http://ministerofblog.files./2008/11/bizarro-creationism.jpg?w=320&h=381[/img]

Why did you remove the Steven J Gould quote? You thought it supported your deluded ideas?

LOL, this fool quoted an evolutionary biologist out of context to make it sound like the guy supported his biblical BS and then deleted it.   grin Fraudulent just like his god.

[b]Gould favored the argument that evolution has no inherent drive towards long-term progress. Uncritical commentaries often portray evolution as a ladder of progress, leading towards bigger, faster, and smarter organisms, the assumption being that evolution is somehow driving organisms to get more complex and ultimately more like humankind. Gould argued that evolution's drive was not towards complexity, but towards diversification. Because life is constrained to begin with a simple starting point, any diversity resulting from this left wall will be perceived to move in the direction of higher complexity. But life, Gould argued, can easily adapt towards simplification, as is often the case with parasites.[35]

In a review of Full House, Richard Dawkins approved of Gould's general argument, but suggested that he saw evidence of a "tendency for lineages to improve cumulatively their adaptive fit to their particular way of life, by increasing the numbers of features which combine together in adaptive complexes. ,  By this definition, adaptive evolution is not just incidentally progressive, it is deeply, dyed-in-the wool, indispensably progressive."[36][/b]
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
climate change has started for a while, a good culture as you said for evolution to still occur i.e. Adaptation to environmental changes. I'll keep my fingers cross while i wait & watch. Or are there exeptions? The work of God is done. He has finished His creation and you are one of His perfect & intelligent master pieces.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
Why did you remove the Steven J Gould quote? You thought it supported your deluded ideas?

grin

Actually I was looking for something that was in harmony with my comprehension of evolution as a concept that can only be supported by intellectual midgets !

LOL, this fool quoted an evolutionary biologist out of context to make it sound like the guy supported his biblical BS and then deleted it.   grin Fraudulent just like his god.

takes one to know one  grin

The FOOL says in his heart that there is no GOD

Gould favored the argument that evolution has no inherent drive towards long-term progress. Uncritical commentaries often portray evolution as a ladder of progress, leading towards bigger, faster, and smarter organisms, the assumption being that evolution is somehow driving organisms to get more complex and ultimately more like humankind. Gould argued that [b]evolution's drive was not towards complexity, but towards diversification .

Question you and your folk are yet to answer is how did MAN come into existence . If you do not know, then you believe in a MYTH !!!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

Actually I was looking for something that was in harmony with my comprehension of evolution as a concept that can only be supported by intellectual midgets !
The FOOL says in his heart that there is no GOD
Question you and your folk are yet to answer is how did MAN come into existence . If you do not know, then you believe in a MYTH !!!!

So you quote mine and in your blind delusion and haste to condemn evolution, you quote a respected figurre in evolutionary biology. Joke of the year.

Like I said to you before, next time you're in need of medical help pray to jesus and rub anointing oil on your head or look for medicine developed as a result of creationism.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^

My advice, quit fooling around, you aint gotta clue how you came about.

I personally do a lot of reading and reasearch to keep an open mind about things and nothing has to date changed my mind about GOD. I find most of the atheist arguments childish and a load of drivel.

It appears that many atheists on Nairaland run to the internet to get white man quotes and paste it here as fact , thinking because the white man said it, it must be true , lol.  grin

Humble yourself and search for the truth.

Then you will find it !!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

My advice, quit fooling around, you aint gotta clue how you came about.
I personally do a lot of reading and reasearch to keep an open mind about things and nothing has to date changed my mind about GOD. I find most of the atheist arguments childish and a load of drivel.
It appears that many atheists on Nairaland run to the internet to get white man quotes and paste it here as fact , thinking because the white man said it, it must be true , lol. grin
Humble yourself and search for the truth.
Then you will find it !!!

Yeah, you do a lot of "reading and research" to strengthen you faith. Creationism doesn't increase knowledge, it just stunts it.

About those oyinbo people, you're the one who quoted Steven Jay Gould before your ignorance caught up with you and you deleted it. You're also the one who posted a ridiculous chart about evolution drawn up by Kent Hovind. You're the one who worships the image and idea of a white skinned savior. Should I continue?

In contrast, the last person I used to support my views was Chinua Achebe.
So stop projecting your delusions on atheists.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Martian:

Yeah, you do a lot of "reading and research" to strengthen you faith. Creationism doesn't increase knowledge, it just stunts it.

About those oyinbo people, you're the one who quoted Steven Jay Gould before your ignorance caught up with you and you deleted it. You're also the one who posted a ridiculous chart about evolution drawn up by Kent Hovind. You're the one who worships the image and idea of a white skinned savior. Should I continue?

In contrast, the last person I used to support my views was Chinua Achebe.
So stop projecting your delusions on atheists.

You still have not answered my question, how did man come to be on this planet.

Surely as an atheist intellectual you must know the answer !!

grin grin grin
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

You still have not answered my question, how did man come to be on this planet.

Surely as an atheist intellectual you must know the answer !!
grin grin grin

Speciation caused by evolution. Next question is going to be how did evolution start and my answer will be, log off the creationist propaganda websites and do some "reading and researching" about evolution without your religious sentiments.

And answer to the theist trump card question, why the universe exists in the first place is I DON'T KNOW but characters written on the pages of ancient scrolls are not responsible. Satisfied?
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^

You have no intelligent answer, you are speechless, I can almost see you biting your lips and wondering, how do I answer this one  grin

You haven't got a clue .

Only argue with other belief systems when you have proven yours to be factual , accurate and logical.

So far all you have done is expose atheists as rambling and ranting god haters !!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise. The biologist Orator F. Cook seems to have been the first to coin the term 'speciation' for the splitting of lineages or 'cladogenesis,' as opposed to 'anagenesis' or 'phyletic evolution' occurring within lineages.[1][2] Whether genetic drift is a minor or major contributor to speciation is the subject matter of much ongoing discussion.

hahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin

Crazy , I say Crazy !!!
Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise. The biologist Orator F. Cook seems to have been the first to coin the term 'speciation' for the splitting of lineages or 'cladogenesis,' as opposed to 'anagenesis' or 'phyletic evolution' occurring within lineages.[1][2] Whether genetic drift is a minor or major contributor to speciation is the subject matter of much ongoing discussion.

So much for scientific proof !!

grin grin grin
frosbel:

You have no answer, you are speechless, I can almost see you biting your lips and wondering, how do I answer this one  grin
You haven't got a clue .
Only argue with other belief systems when you have proven yours to be factual , accurate and logical.
So far all you have done is expose atheists as rambling and ranting god haters !!!

I don't hate your god just like you don't hate the leprechaun I have in the trunk of my car because neither exists.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

So much for scientific proof !!

grin grin grin

At least you learned what speciation means.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
Martian:

At least you learned what speciation means.

Yes and its meaning in summary is GIBBERISH !!

grin
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
Biologists believe that mankind evolved through tiny incremental changes driven by natural selection over billions of years.

Creationists believe that mankind came from dirt and magic! (Genesis 2:7)

Which of the two makes more sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Slams Critics, Says God Deserves Money And Will Punish Them / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Islam: Boko-haram Caused It / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.