Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria (3348 Views)

Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy / Buhari: CBN Working To Prevent Chaos Over Distribution Of New Naira Notes / Senate Broke Into Chaos Over EFCC Nominees As Saraki Calls For Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1gZjG6oO7M please let make this vodeo viral so we can aweken nigerian youths whoms interest is at the stampede of this political torture.

Nigerians dont deserve this political torture and havoc thats is currently ungoing! I felt terrible if i could spark a riot that will emancipate nigeria. I wouldnt hesistate.

Making life a living hell for nigerian is uncalled for.....

in buhari regime nnpc was making N100 profit selling fuel at 195 and yet it wasnt enough, the borrowing and devaluation of naira still kicked it.

Tinubu has gotten more money than he spent on election why this inhuman act upon nigeria?

Still lot of you are fooled to belive that fuel price will come down.. it is a carrot donkey trick in my critical overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmP_LaFN5U8

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by TemplarLandry: 7:30am On Jul 26, 2023
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 26, 2023
Tinubu is doing this because he is in that sit for per time

Kindly check my signature

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2023
I stopped listening when the guy stated that 'NNPC had not paid subsidy to anybody'

That made me know that the argument was going to be flawed from the word go.

From 2016, what was happening....was that NNPC was

1.Made the sole importer of fuel

2.Had to import fuel at the landing price X

3.And then sell to depots at the price Y which was below price X.

4. As a result, NNPC was running at a loss, and NNPC was as a result being paid a subsidy to not run at a loss.

Marketers on the other hand were allowed to buy petrol at price A from depots and sell at price B, which was higher than price A and set by the government.

I know people want petrol prices to fall down again, but the argument being used is poor. Marketers were not being paid subsidy from 2016 by government or NNPC, because NNPC was itself subsidising fuel on behalf of the government, and being paid a subsidy not to collapse.

(I do not work for NNPC, or the government, and have supported subsidy removal since 2012. I also do not like APC, PDP, or LP and wish they all got voted out for Nigeria's benefit).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by koiki4bat: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2023
Clown
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Godwin4444: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2023
mrcoolautofix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1gZjG6oO7M

Nigerians dont deserve this political torture and havoc thats is currently ungoing!

Making life a living hell

So in buhari regime nnpc was making 100 profit selling fuel at 195 and yet it wasnt enough, the borrowing and devaluation of naira is buhari agenda.

Tinubu has gotten more money than he spent on election why this inhuman act.

Still lot of you are foold to belive the price will come down
if u didn’t do any video for cashless n u decide to do video for fuel hike u should b stoned

No cap
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nabiz(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2023
Nigerians are mumu. They deserve to suffer. If you want to fight for them. They will first check your tribe forgetting to know that poverty hardship fears no tribe. Their brain is filled with opotopoto

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nabiz(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
if u didn’t do any video for cashless n u decide to do video for fuel hike u should b stoned

No cap
mmm so this is all you have to say. Someone spent his time and resources to fight for the betterment of this country and this what you have to say, continue just don't stop. I know the government may be favoring you now but but believe me nothing last forever. You allow yourself to be used by these wicked politicians because of the small thing they have promised you. All is well

4 Likes

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by BoldBrainz(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
I stopped listening when the guy stated that 'NNPC had not paid subsidy to anybody'

4. As a result, NNPC was running at a loss, and NNPC was as a result being paid a subsidy to not run at a loss.

Marketers on the other hand were allowed to buy petrol at price A from depots and sell at price B, which was higher than price A and set by the government.

I know people want petrol prices to fall down again, but the argument being used is poor. Marketers were not being paid subsidy from 2016 by government or NNPC, because NNPC was itself subsidising fuel on behalf of the government, and being paid a subsidy not to collapse.

(I do not work for NNPC, or the government, and have supported subsidy removal since 2012. I also do not like APC, PDP, or LP and wish they all got voted out for Nigeria's benefit).

Did you watch the video to the end?
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Godwin4444: 8:25am On Jul 26, 2023
nabiz:
mmm so this is all you have to say. Someone spent his time and resources to fight for the betterment of this country and this what you have to say, continue just don't stop. I know the government may be favoring you now but but believe me nothing last forever. You allow yourself to be used by these wicked politicians because of the small thing they have promised you. All is well
Ogbeni keep quiet there n don’t think everyone is like u

Many businesses were destroyed during cashless n many people died but u people didn’t say anything cos u thought it will make your candidate win n u even defended it but now u are telling us there is hardship

Between cashless n fuel hike which one is more intense?

If any hypocrite should go out now to protest they should b shot

Personally I haven’t recover from the troubles of cashless cos the loan I was serving have been increased because we couldn’t make sales n it got so worst we had to lock shop at some stage n some people don’t see it as bad

But fuel hike u are ranting about

U no well

Just go out n protest, I will personally join those that will beat u for free

We were dieing n losing money but u don’t care cos u thought it will make your candidate win n now u want to start one rubbish madness

Let d fuel b 1000 we self no go talk, highest we increase our prices too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Godwin4444: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2023
nabiz:
Nigerians are mumu. They deserve to suffer. If you want to fight for them. They will first check your tribe forgetting to know that poverty hardship fears no tribe. Their brain is filled with opotopoto
y didn’t u fight for us when we were stranded during cashless policy?

Y didn’t u fight for us when people were dieing during cashless policy?

If u didn’t deem it fit to fight for us then u have to lock up now
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:

Many businesses were destroyed during cashless n many people died but u people didn’t say anything cos u thought it will make your candidate win n u even defended it but now u are telling us there is hardship

Personally I haven’t recover from the troubles of cashless cos the loan I was serving have been increased because we couldn’t make sales n it got so worst we had to lock shop at some stage n some people don’t see it as bad

U no well

We were dieing n losing money but u don’t care cos u thought it will make your candidate win n now u want to start one rubbish madness

Your worthless business you even borrowed money to start is what you're ranting about? Indeed you're shameless.

Do you do business more than our IBO brothers?

I'm Yoruba but your attitude even as a Yoruba too is too disgusting.

Don't support evil because it favors you, the table someday will turn.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

This is the lie they have been telling the uninformed citizens!

NNPC gives these companies crude oil and they in return send back petrol, kerosine and diesel while they keep the rest of the resources gotten from crude oil.

NNPC doesn't pay a dime to bring the processed fuel into Nigeria! It's all in the terms of agreement,

Of course no one tells u Nigeria has some of the most preferred crude oil in the world!

Don't believe the scam!

2 Likes

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Godwin4444: 8:37am On Jul 26, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:

Your worthless business you even borrowed money to start is what you're ranting about? Indeed you're shameless.

see this dingbat

Do u think it’s 2 by 2 we are talking about here?

Igbos forming Yoruba, u people find it easy to deny your forefathers only God knows y

I am Yoruba n I will never lie or deny my forefathers on any ground n back to your madness, if u igbos support cashless that ruined us then u should support it too n y are u igbos crying more than d bereaved

Shebi every Igbo man na billionaire, so if fuel is sold for 2000 u can buy it now n don’t come with the madness of pitying d poor

Leave them n continue enjoying your billions

If dem beg u for money no give them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Savedday2: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2023
To say the list, this country is something else!

Evil and wicked hearts everywhere.

What kind of leaders melt so much suffering on his people?

1 Like

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by BoldBrainz(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2023
Shonubi has just removed the rug from under the feet of his employer.

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.

3 Likes

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Beverlyjean(f): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shonubi has just removed the rug from under the feet of his employer.

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.

I agree with u... Nigerians economy is about to collapse right b4 our eyes
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by ibtommy(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:

No cap

No wonder Bubu called you a lazy youth. Demented and finished!!! Weed guy. Olodo!!! You are a blind good-for-nothing BAT-ass licking, stinking deranged youth.
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by NOwazobia: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2023
I can never protest just by watching a video.

Only Dumbo's do that.

What if the video is floored or padded to drive public sentiment.

Protest because things are hard or you are suffering, not because you watch a video from another politician. undecided
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by slivertongue: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2023
Scamming scammers
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nabiz(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:

U no well

you are made. What business do you have in Nigeria. Cashless policy affected me more than anybody hear, but I have to endure because we were scammed with a reason that many people were storing large amount of money in their house which was affecting the amount in circulation. We all supported the idea hoping it was a good idea. At list they gave reason for their scams.

Can give me the reason the nnpc is scamming Nigerians. Do you know how much I sacrifice during cashless policy. Is cashlesspolicynot the same apc policy. Keep supporting evil i promise u it will pay you o e day
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Ajanakuasla: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2023
The guy is been paid to cook up something but not intelligent enough . The former Governor he was referring to was saying when he was in a committee in 2012 not during Buhari regime. Also come to think of it, is price of crude oil fixed? The set of people that told us that Buhari was cloned and majority of people believed it for 6years.
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Godwin4444: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2023
nabiz:
you are made. What business do you have in Nigeria. Cashless policy affected me more than anybody hear, but I have to endure because we were scammed with a reason that many people were storing large amount of money in their house which was affecting the amount in circulation. We all supported the idea hoping it was a good idea. At list they gave reason for their scams.

Can give me the reason the nnpc is scamming Nigerians. Do you know how much I sacrifice during cashless policy. Is cashlesspolicynot the same apc policy. Keep supporting evil i promise u it will pay you o e day
any one who supports cashless n oppose fuel hike is mad

No cap

Don’t bother quoting me cos I won’t reply u
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by DesChyko: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:

Because your own brain and smartphone is for decoration.
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nabiz(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
any one who supports cashless n oppose fuel hike is mad

No cap

Don’t bother quoting me cos I won’t reply u
was cashless policy not apc policy? Hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by DatNiggaDaz: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2023
They will soon hide this thread from the eyes of sane Nairalanders.

The evil & wickedness brought to Nigerians by the APC led government is in Quantum Dimensions

Hiw can unknown unregistered companies be collecting millions of naira for no Services rendered.

And there are fooools supporting this criminality & injustice to Nigerians. An investigation was carried out by the House committe with findings that these unknown companies are not registered anywhere in the books of CAC. Just imagine & the mandate thief tinubu came to Cover up the corruption by punishing Nigerians who never benefited from the the so called " subsidy "

Look at the Cornfessor Wole Soyinka defending the removal in 2015. There has never been anything like subsidy in Nigeria. It is a term used by politicians to loot the common wealth of Nigerians

It is a pity. Nigerians na sorry be una name..

Chai

1 Like

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by obailala(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Amazing how so many people still fail to comprehend this very elementary explanation you gave above. For those living in the delusion that there was no subsidy, if there was really no subsidy, how come petrol was sold in Nigeria for N185 (way cheaper than all neighbouring countries)?

The argument of the guy in the video was flawed from the very beginning when he asked which marketers the subsidy was paid to. Since 2016, subsidy was not paid to any marketer, but rather NNPC imported and sold petrol at a loss. That loss, or 'under-recovery' as they termed it, was effectively the subsidy! ... If NNPC was to remit N1 trillion to the govt, but it remitted only 800 billion, that loss of N200 billion is effectively the price paid to keep pump prices low = subsidy.

The guy in the video claims NNPC was making over N100 profit per litre when petrol was still sold at N185; he however failed to explain the source of this figure. Would be interesting to know where that figure came from...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by Guestlander: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:

So, it is wrong to borrow money to start a business? This type of thinking is the reason some of you will never have any money.
The real evil is to waste all our money on petroleum subsidy while everything else is ignored.
Subsidy is gone, it won't come back.
Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by obailala(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
StaffofOrayan:

NNPC gives these companies crude oil and they in return send back petrol, kerosine and diesel while they keep the rest of the resources gotten from crude oil.

NNPC doesn't pay a dime to bring the processed fuel into Nigeria! It's all in the terms of agreement,

Of course no one tells u Nigeria has some of the most preferred crude oil in the world!

Don't believe the scam!
In a scenario that NNPC gives crude oil to receive petroleum products, you can't say "NNPC doesn't pay a dime" cos NNPC is actually paying with 'crude'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by obailala(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2023
mrcoolautofix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1gZjG6oO7M please let make this vodeo viral so we can aweken nigerian youths whoms interest is at the stampede of this political torture.

Nigerians dont deserve this political torture and havoc thats is currently ungoing! I felt terrible if i could spark a riot that will emancipate nigeria. I wouldnt hesistate.

Making life a living hell for nigerian is uncalled for.

in buhari regime nnpc was making N100 profit selling fuel at 195 and yet it wasnt enough, the borrowing and devaluation of naira still kicked it.

Tinubu has gotten more money than he spent on election why this inhuman act upon nigeria?

Still lot of you are fooled to belive that fuel price will come down.. it is a carrot donkey trick in my critical overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmP_LaFN5U8
Was the subsidy regime laced with fraud?... Absolutely YES! But saying there was no subsidy at all is just ignorant talk.

The argument of the guy in the video was flawed from the very beginning when he asked which marketers the subsidy was paid to. Since 2016, subsidy was not paid to any marketer, but rather NNPC imported and sold petrol at a loss. That loss, or 'under-recovery' as they termed it, was effectively the subsidy! ... If NNPC was to remit N1 trillion to the govt, but it remitted only 800 billion, that loss of N200 billion is effectively the subsidy paid to keep pump prices low.

The claim that N100 profit was being made when petrol sold at N185, that's an interesting claim. In essence, petrol was being imported at roughly N85/litre? Would have made sense if the guy explained the source of this data better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Did you watch the video to the end?

The minute the guy started saying that NNPC was alleged to be paying subsidy, I knew the argument was flawed, and lost interest.

That's not how subsidy works,at least since 2016, and even before then

It's government that pays subsidy. And subsidy is paid to the sector as a whole to prevent it from losing profits when it has to sell at a loss because of government price controls. Most of the cost went to people importing fuel , to compensate them for selling below the cost of the fuel they imported..to the depots. Depots then sold to marketers at a price above what they bought from the importers, which until 2016 were a variety of people including NNPC, after 2016 it was NNPC alone. (Subsidy claims for others were fully paid up by 2018...it was a long slog).

(Also part of subsidy costs goes to transporters...transport equalization funds...which is why until recently, fuel cost the same everywhere).

I still believe there is scam in the way we did subsidy here...the nature of the beast lends it to easy scam things. Also, when you bring in price controls into anything, you get scarcity, and looting, and smuggling.

1 Like

Re: This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
StaffofOrayan:

Don't believe the scam!

Yeah they did that, and that was one of several murky aspects of the subsidy, which is why I haven't supported it all these years. (It reminds me of Buhari's barternomics during the 1980's that probably cost Nigeria a lot of money).

When you try to keep things cheap that should not be, all sorts of wuru wuru results.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Three Senior Military Officers, 20 Other Soldiers Killed As Terrorists / Should Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Now Foreign Minister) Resign? / Neglect Of Real Sector Ruined Nigeria, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.