Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,330 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help (13945 Views)

Gunmen Attack Abia Trade & Investment Commissioner's Convoy, Kill 2 Policemen / Update On Abia State Governorship Results 2023 / Police Confirm Attack On Peter Obi Supporters By Thugs In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by chisomkachy: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
Insecurity in Abia: Two police officers killed, Government vehicle burnt, as Otti’s Commissioner escapes - Police Report

Abia State Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Dr. Chimezie Ukaegbu, yesterday escaped death, as his convoy was attacked in Aba.

A police officer attached to Ukaegbu, who was former Special Adviser on Trade and Commerce to Governor Alex Otti, was killed and a vehicle belonging to Abia State Ministry for Trade, Commerce, and Investment, was burnt.

A release by the Abia State Command of the Nigerian Police, signed by ASP Maureen Chioma Chinaka, for the Commissioner of Police, added that a police inspector was also killed.

The full statement reads:

“At approximately 4 PM on Tuesday, 25/07/2023, a distressing incident occurred at SAMEC, located near Faulks Road in Aba. A group of hoodlums launched an attack on the convoy of the Commissioner for Trade, Commerce, and Industry during the honorable commissioner’s familiarization tour to markets in the Aba metropolis. The convoy was en route to Ekeoha shopping plaza when the armed assailants opened fire.

“Regrettably, amidst the chaos, two police officers lost their lives in the line of duty. A police constable who was part of the security convoy, was fatally shot. Additionally, a police inspector who was not initially part of the convoy but happened to be on a separate assignment with a police Hilux, also met the scene and tragically lost his life. Furthermore, the hoodlums set ablaze a vehicle belonging to the Ministry for Trade, Commerce, and Investment.

“The Commissioner of Police assures the public that every possible effort will be exerted as discreet investigations are ongoing to ensure justice is served. We condemn this cowardly act of violence and remain steadfast in our resolve to bring the perpetrators to justice.

“We urge the public to remain calm, vigilant, and cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies. Any information, regardless of how insignificant it may seem, could prove pivotal in identifying and apprehending the culprits responsible for this heinous act.

“In conclusion, we emphasize our unwavering commitment to pursuing justice and upholding the triumph of good over evil.

“Together, as a united community, we shall prevail against such senseless acts of violence.”

SIGNED

ASP Maureen Chioma Chinaka LLB Anipr
For the Commissioner of Police
Abia State Command
July 26, 2023

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7778714/gunmen-attack-abia-trade-investment#124666492

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by JerySmalls(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Things

1 Like

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Yibo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
wahala for who be Ibo in this country

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Inkling(f): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
God epp

2 Likes

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Wizardslayer: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
I was told that they want to stone davido to death for blasphemy in one of his songs.

My cent is that all their imams should try to teach them how to ignore things that they consider offensive and provoking.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Dotherightthing: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Eriggs: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa will never die well for all the atrocities they are causing in the East.
Look at how they are just killing people like chickens on a daily basis!
Kanu and Ekpa will both die very brutal deaths in few months or years to come, along with the pigs supporting their murderous activities.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
This is serious.
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by oyeb15: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
I pity all these Mopol. They are dying everyday protecting looters.

RIP

16 Likes

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Insecurity in a new dimension

3 Likes

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by ERCROSS(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
If dem fit attempt attack on people who can afford physical security guards e.g., commissioners, army generals. Wetin make common Kon do?

1 Like

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Naz34(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Otti, over to you. Secure your state.

2 Likes

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by helinues: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Things dey happen for SE cha

3 Likes

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Godstiger(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
I reserve my comment
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by cjudy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
cheesy
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by iamloski(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
SAD
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by EniHolar(f): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Who should remain vigilant?

Citizens or Police?
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Candidlady: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
One thousand way to die

Living
In
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
Quite an unfortunate incidence.
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by hammerFC: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
THE PROBLEM THEY STARTED IN ENUGU WILL CONSUME THEM.

I NO TELL THEM.

WAKING UGM UP FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF BLOOD LETTING.

TROUBLE THEY SLEEP YANGA GO WAKE AM.

NOW, ANOTHER SEASON OF HUNTING MILITARY MEN DOWN BEGINS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Jarchi(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2023

° Brodaman, Terrorist and government believe they are helping the people that which they do through fear, but na who dey always suffer? Grass or elephant?
I still don't understand or see any reasonable justification why political office holders eg president, governors, senators and Dem all should be given free food, free car, free house, free fuel, free security, free visa, free salary when the people that gave them the power don't enjoy such. It has become a luxury and not a privilege.
That's how the civil war started, later they would be claiming sympathy, it's like boko haram hasn't taught us any lesson. Everybody just dey chop clean mouth, I don't care about my name, I will use the stolen money to redeem myself and secure my generations yet unborn. If you don't deal with terrorist now, oh sorry, it is already evident in the expensive food now, oh sorry they said na inflation cause am, accident was what scares us to travel but that seems to be the least on the top 100 list and yes we will continue to enjoy the government because power belong to the PeePoo °
***Jarchi***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Johnyyice928: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Nawa abeg
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Sonnobax15(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
lipsrsealed
Nigerians don dey vex allover the country.........This time around,to be called a politician, you must first of all deny your own identity first shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by inoki247: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
I don't know which one dey dangerous pass to become a Police in Mexico or S*...
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by wittywriter: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Lolz

Wittyness
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by StreetSoldier(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Senseless killing. To what end?

No end can justify this evils.
Re: Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help by Ikpunnegi01: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
Who go cooperate with una now? The people wey una no dey see as human beings abi who? Police should be good to every citizens if not they will keep dying and the people will keep rejoicing because people see uniform personnels as terror*sts!And that's what they are!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Appointment Of Dongban-Mensem As Acting President Of Appeal Court / Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn / We Want PDP To Be Strong Enough To Be Able To Keep Us On Our Toes – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.