Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria Visits The Nigerian Senate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria Visits The Nigerian Senate (149 Views)

A Good Citizen Of Nigeria Visits The Local Government. / Traditional Rulers Of Igbu Ubie Kingdom / Youths Flay Poor Outing At National Council On Niger Delta Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria Visits The Nigerian Senate by grassrootsig: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
SENATOR IFEANYI UBAH’S LEGISLATIVE ACTIVITIES:

SENATOR IFEANYI UBAH JOINS THE SENATE PRESIDENT AND OTHER PRINCIPAL OFFICERS OF THE SENATE TO RECEIVE THE LEADERSHIP OF NATIONAL COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS

Ndị Anambra South,

On Monday July 24, 2023, I joined the President of the Senate Godswill Akpabio and other Principal Officers of the Red Chamber to receive in courtesy, the leadership of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria led by the Etsu Nupe, His Royal Highness Yahaya Abubakar. The Royal Fathers were in the Senate to formally congratulate Senator Akpabio on his emergence as the President of the Senate and to also place a request before the hallowed chamber on the need to recognise the roles of Traditional Rulers in nation-building through legislations.

During the meeting which was also attended by the Chairman Enugu State Council of Traditional Rulers His Royal Majesty Igwe Amb Dr Lawrence Agubuzu, CFR, Emir of Lafia His Royal Highness Hon Justice Sidi Muhammad I. JSC (Rtd), Ona of Abaji and Chairman FCT Council of Traditional Rulers His Royal Majesty Alh Dr Adamu Baba Yunusa, CON, Eze Udo 2 of Amaifeke Ancient Kingdom His Royal Majesty Eze (Dr) Emmanuel C. Okeke, CFR, Okun Ibom Ibibio His Eminence Nteyin (Dr) Solomon Daniel Etuk, JP and other Royal Fathers, I reiterated the need for all stakeholders especially the Arms and Tiers of Government to provide adequate support to traditional institutions.

It is a fact that traditional institutions play vital roles in nation-building especially in the promotion of communal peace and I have never relented in providing personal and official supports to the noble institution in our Senatorial District. It is my belief that government and privileged citizens should not only provide moral support to our Royal Fathers but should also support them by providing amenities that will make it easier for them to carry out their legitimate activities.

Ndị be anyị, always bear in mind that I will not relent in partnering with relevant authorities to consolidate the existing peace in our various communities through provision of necessary facilities to our traditional rulers. My office is also finalising a research that is aimed at ascertaining the major challenges facing traditional institutions in our Senatorial District and recommend lasting solutions. Outcome of the research will also help me to initiate a Bill that will give a legal backing to those efforts.

Our Royal Fathers are custodians of our culture and rest assured that by the special grace of God, I will continue to protect their interests and make you proud. Thank you and may God continue to bless our Senatorial District.

Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Ubah
Anambra South Senatorial District
July 26, 2023.

Re: The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria Visits The Nigerian Senate by grassrootsig: 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria at the Senate

Re: The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria Visits The Nigerian Senate by grassrootsig: 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
The National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria visits the Senate

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Best Place To Shop Kids Clothing - Angelibebe / Understanding The Impact Of Top Load Testers In The Manufacturing Industry / Feedback, Bleszkidzamani, Precious Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.