Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,167 members, 7,838,992 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense (12963 Views)

VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries / Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases / Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by chidi2003(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2023
madridguy:
Sentiments aside, 95% of we Nigerians are facing severe poverty. I swear, our leaders have pafuka this country. Companies are sacking their staffs day in day out, many people in transportation cannot eat of today because all their money is taken away by fuel, generators repairers are out of business, mechanics workshop are empty, people are now willing to sell their cars and no one to buy it.... Nigeria is tough seriously... Many cooperate beggars everywhere.

I hope hunger and starvation will not wipe us away from the surface of the earth.
l: Welcome to the reality of Nigerian State! Our country is in retrograde - and you were busy defending APC, against PDP - as if they are not of the same coin. You keep on attacking one region, or the other as if you are from the moon! Keep Tribalism aside and grow, we the Youths are not Happy about the situation of Nigeria; you always defend our well known criminal Leaders, just for cheap myopic recognition. Nigeria cannot get better, if we continue like this!
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by RuggedBiafran: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin

Khyrvxjzy:

bastard
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by RuggedBiafran: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2023
Is that all?? grin grin grin grin grin

sogodihno:

Keep wasting your life away
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by emapeteum(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2023
This is exactly what I said a few days ago. The state is rich but the people of Akwa Ibom are extremely poor. Reasons: The political class is deceitful and proud; the common AkwaIbomite hate themselves; the ones that are made looked down on the less privileged among them. How could a state with huge resources receive huge amounts monthly recording 71% of its population being extremely poor? Pls if you want to call me names, I am an AkwaIbomite and I hate deceit at the expense of our downtrodden people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by bonnyhope: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2023
wiseone28:
Still applicable to every parts of Nigeria.. He shouldn't single out the ND region

He only wrote on the one he knows
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by 23Ju: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2023
Rivers State is supposed to be rich but Goodluck Jonathan imposed Wike on Rivers who stole a fortune. Now he brought another criminal to continue the loot.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by ahaz: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2023
livebyday:

What can they do? These are states with an endemic toxic and destructive culture of corporate begging from the community level.

In the height of militancy I was stationed in the region in bayelsa to the precise , I worked in community liaison and visited all these states deeply and intimately related with communities and I can tell you that the foundatuional ideology from the home setting in the Niger delta is flawed. And breeds criminals not good focused youths.on paper they tell you that they are traditionally fishermen. That's a farce.

The youths have been raised by a wolf tradition by their forefathers encouraging begging and holding IOCs and other multinationals in the region hostage to feed them

A culture that encourages under aged drinking and immorality.

A culture that encourages drunkenness and wild unchecked behaviour .

A culture of unmarried pregnancy with a 90% population made up of fatherless children

The traditional beliefs that make up the major ethnic groups is very weak in the Niger Delta state
It's very common to find an unmarried girl of say 22 having 2 kids from different men living in her father's house and it is not frowned upon at all
I saw countless cases of incest patricide and such which is called a community affair .

The culture is ruthless retrogressive savage and destructive

Until the issues in the Niger Delta are addressed from a foundational point the entire south will continue to witness an endless supply of willing criminals easily used as kidnappers robbers assassins etc

Yet one hopeless fat pig from that region will still open his smelly mouth to talk trash about other tribes and some hooligans some where from the other side will be hailing him cos his insulting people that they love to hate.

2 Likes

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by tnerro1(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2023
Wow, my state came first 😁 proudly from Edo,

1 Like

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by SOSinNigeria: 11:56am On Jul 27, 2023
AntiChristian:
Why are some always mentioning only the North for:

Poverty
Terrorism

Because North is the poverty capital of the world. If SS poverty has become this bad then you can only imagine what the situation will be in the North grin
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by madridguy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
So who do you expected me to support? PDP pro or PDP lite?

chidi2003:
l: Welcome to the reality of Nigerian State! Our country is in retrograde - and you were busy defending APC, against PDP - as if they are not of the same coin. You keep on attacking one region, or the other as if you are from the moon! Keep Tribalism aside and grow, we the Youths are not Happy about the situation of Nigeria; you always defend our well known criminal Leaders, just for cheap myopic recognition. Nigeria cannot get better, if we continue like this!
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by geemd434: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
Apart from Lagos .

All those regions are better than all SW states.

Osun can't rival any of those States,no matter how bad it is for them. Please focus more on the Sadwasted region (SW). Thank you

Nor mind the f.oolish Yoruba i.diots who wrote the n.onsense

1 Like

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by madridguy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Maybe you're just following my comment. I have been saying my opinion regarding the state of our economy since 2010.

press9jatv:
so madridguy, a drug baron Tinubu diehard fan can talk this way. Tinubu renewed shege don hit you bad. Drug baron Tinubu renewed shege on the move.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by madridguy(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
Why are you this pained ? Tinubu is my choice and APC is my party.

chaberry:

Hunger will definitely wipe you out. keep on supporting nonsense, after 8 years of Buharis failure you still jump on Tinubu, keep going your existence will soon be wiped out
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by wiseone28: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
bonnyhope:

He only wrote on the one he knows
I'm also talking about the ones i know
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by ChatterHouse: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
madridguy:
Sentiments aside, 95% of we Nigerians are facing severe poverty. I swear, our leaders have pafuka this country. Companies are sacking their staffs day in day out, many people in transportation cannot eat of today because all their money is taken away by fuel, generators repairers are out of business, mechanics workshop are empty, people are now willing to sell their cars and no one to buy it.... Nigeria is tough seriously... Many cooperate beggars everywhere.

I hope hunger and starvation will not wipe us away from the surface of the earth.

Nigeria is a failed state

But you are a hypocrites
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by madridguy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
For not supporting your failed candidate.

ChatterHouse:

Nigeria is a failed state

But you are a hypocrites
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by WorWorBoy: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
Not surprised seeing Akwa ibom despite the overped about the state, poverty is extremely high there.🤷🚶🚶
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Jalaw: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
OVB123:
I have said it countless number of times in this forum that akwa ibom state is rich but the people are very poor, that is why their purchasing power is very low.

Akwa
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Pierocash(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

according to your cry
rich region na
east
south south
west
north
lagos

lagos is the poorer

thats yours

but reports claim severally that east is d poorest. bro i stain u. but how come east voluntarily serving jail term in west kitchen?

we are talking of South South oga, not South East.

Even if your want to talk of South East, no south west state is more developed than any south east state, aside Lagos and same Ogun state. Forget media hogwash
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by ChatterHouse: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
madridguy:
For not supporting your failed candidate.

Why are you lamenting?

OR

Are you mocking the genuine people poor in multidimensional poverty
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by 7lives: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
oyeb15:
Tinubu should roll out program like sure p, npower etc before all Nigerian youth become theives and terrorists.
When this balloon he's blowing burst, Nigeria won't contain everybody .

Really, who are the fathers of these illegitimate children?.
Both mothers and fathers of the called illegitimate children, don't have relatives?.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by bonnyhope: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
wiseone28:
I'm also talking about the ones i know

Okay

Both of you are right

1 Like

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by o123456789(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
One thing to note is that the 3 states of Edo, Bayelsa and Delta, will have more rich individuals in South South no matter the condition of Nigeria, because individuals in these states earn in USD, Euro, GBP, Kuwait Dinar, etc. Remittance from abroad is very sure. And on the other hand most people from rivers are mere thugs and Oil bunkery is not for the poor, meaning only a few people are well to do in Rivers, infact the rich people in Rivers state are threatened due to the crackdown on oil bunkerers. Due to poverty in Rivers state 80% of married women are into prostitution, just to feed. Finally the states of Akwa Ibom and Cross rivers have beautiful infrastructures but with very few sane individuals, can you imagine these two states have over 100,000 street children who are accused of witchcraft? it is terrible, sad and foolish for a large population of both states to believe in witchcraft and banish their children to serve in other states sex slaves and labourers in today's Nigeria. Maybe the flesh and blood of those they ate in the past is currently hunting them with poverty.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by madridguy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Where is the lamentation in my comment.

ChatterHouse:

Why are you lamenting?

OR

Are you mocking the genuine people poor in multidimensional poverty
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Khyrvxjzy: 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Pierocash:
we are talking of South South oga, not South East.

Even if your want to talk of South East, no south west state is more developed than any south east state, aside Lagos and same Ogun state. Forget media hogwash

oyo state nko?
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Pierocash(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

oyo state nko?
nothing in Ib, I lived ,and worked there before relocating to Ph. South East and South South is the region with most higher standard of living than any other region in Nigeria aside Lagos State. Take it from me
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Alusiizizi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2023
livebyday:

A culture of unmarried pregnancy with a 90% population made up of fatherless children

The traditional beliefs that make up the major ethnic groups is very weak in the Niger Delta state
It's very common to find an unmarried girl of say 22 having 2 kids from different men living in her father's house and it is not frowned upon at all

90% Hey, I will admit that I don't know much about Niger Delta area or their people, but I will have to insist that these your claims are a bit over-exaggerated.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Alusiizizi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ebubu2:
why does the tradition in the vast niger delta states do not frown against illegitimate children? It’s such a norm and breeds uncontrollable youths when they grow up. Sometimes unproductive too.

As far as I can tell, that entire culture and their people are done. I always tell folks, the only way to destroy a society, completely and irreversibly, is to destroy a single generation. Throw bombs at them and they will rebuild. Shoot bullets at them and the remainder among them will repopulate and grow stronger, but lead just one generation of their society into that abyss that you described for us and that society will never return. I imagine that their only hope now is to be absorbed somehow by their less corrupted neighbors.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Ebubu2: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Alusiizizi:

As far as I can tell, that entire culture and their people are done. I always tell folks, the only way to destroy a society, completely and irreversibly, is to destroy a single generation. Throw bombs at them and they will rebuild. Shoot bullets at them and the remainder among them will repopulate and grow stronger, but lead just one generation of their society into that abyss that you described for us and that society will never return. I imagine that their only hope now is to be absorbed somehow by their less corrupted neighbors.

They revolt against the solution which you advised. I’m sure you see their hate towards SE their only neighbours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Alusiizizi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ebubu2:

They revolt against the solution which you advised. I’m sure you see their hate towards SE their only neighbours.

The choice of revolting against the solution is not even a luxury at this point, only an illusion of such. At this point, I don't think that they will have any other options. I used to live in a society where such destructive conditions befell a portion of that society. They too revolted, just as you have pointed out that the Niger-Delta will revolt against the solution, but eventually even they will be forced to accept solution or extinction, just as the aforementioned portion of the society in question was forced to accept absorption against extinction.
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by Khyrvxjzy: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
Pierocash:
nothing in Ib, I lived ,and worked there before relocating to Ph. South East and South South is the region with most higher standard of living than any other region in Nigeria aside Lagos State. Take it from me

higher standard of living is a yardstick for development?
Re: Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense by princejones(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
This report is very correct, only few elite are living well in Akwa lbom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Suswam Vs Prof Saror & Prof Ugba (updates) / FG Withdraws Charges Against Supreme Court Registrar, Others Over N2.2bn Fraud / President Tinubu Returns To Abuja After Official Visits To Saudi And Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.