Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ogun Govt Slashes Political Appointees Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Govt Slashes Political Appointees Salaries (520 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / List Of Bayelsa State Political Appointees / Dr. Olusegun Mimiko's 563 Political Appointees In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Govt Slashes Political Appointees Salaries by Ayele12: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2011
In order to cope with the financial situation of the state, Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun has slashed the salaries of political office holders and appointees. Amosun spoke on Thursday, at the MKO Abiola Stadium in Abeokuta, the state capital, during the 2011 World Teachers’ Day celebration.
He said the slash would enable the state save funds for infrastructural development. Amosun said: “In spite of the poor financial position of the state, we pay salaries and were the first to pay the new minimum wage. We also added N250 to it to show that we love our workers. “The least you will expect is that the workers would be dedicated to their duties and pay all levies and taxes stipulated by the law. Tax has a law that governs it and it must be obeyed. We are all affected by it, politicians are not left out.
“Never in the history of this state have political office holders and appointees collected so low as salary. When I discovered that we needed a lot of funds to develop the state, I sent a bill to the Assembly to reduce the salary of political office holders and appointees. “All of us are affected, even I. As we speak, my commissioners don’t have accommodation and cars, and workers know we are making all these sacrifices to make this state great again.

http://www.zoomheader.com/2011/10/ogun-govt-slashes-political-appointees.html

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Dismisses Bankole’s Petition / N5.2bn Scam: Court Throws Out Elumelu, Ugbane’s Application / Airtel Books In The Red, Says Ceo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.