Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) (338 Views)

Rev Oluoma: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Not A Religious Problem But Political Dexterity / Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money / Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by benjackugo: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfvtqsi1QbY

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod mukina2
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by vowiski(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2023

Do you think Americans will keep paying taxes if it ended in the pockets of the looting politicians?

If I have portable water, light , security and good roads to my house , which are the basic responsibilities of a government, I will carry myself and my family to FIRS, and any other revenue collection bodies to pay my tax.

Until we wake up, nothing will happen ..

Commercial bus drivers pay taxes a lot , multiple taxation , yet they swim inside muddy , pot-holed roads.

I don’t know any country that can endure the rubbish we go through everyday apart from Nigerians.

We love survival mentality .. provided we are doing better than our neighbors, we think we have arrived.

3 Likes

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by successmatters(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
How can you look at the crop of leaders you have and feel like paying tax?

What if they use it to sniff cocaine? grin

2 Likes

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by talented321: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Truth is bitter'' when they don finish their money on tithe''' then they will go and blame innocent devil.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by SmartPolician: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
successmatters:
How can you look at the crop of leaders you have and feel like paying tax?

What if they use it to sniff cocaine? grin

This is the argument of those who have criminal mindsets.

Think of those people who bypassed Discos meters at their homes to enjoy free light. Are they also trying to avoid paying taxes to politicians?

I have repeatedly maintained that criminality runs in the bloodline of most Nigerians and that our dubious lifestyle is covered with hypocrisy and religion.

Even Jesus and his apostles paid taxes.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by Acidosis(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
All Nigerians pay multiple taxes, directly and indirectly. Bike riders pay multiple taxes every day. Traders and market women pay taxes. Same applies to shoppers and those in the corporate world.

All these ignorant talks about poor attitude to tax need to stop! If your federal government decides to leave tax collection for agberos, how's that anyone's fault?

An average okada rider probably pay more taxes than transporters in some developed countries.

1 Like

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by successmatters(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is the argument of those who have criminal mindset.

Think of those people who bypassed Discos meters at their homes to enjoy free light. Are they also trying to avoid paying taxes to politicians?

I have repeatedly maintained that this is a criminal country and our dubious lifestyle is covered by hypocrisy and religion.

Hypocrite, how did you leap from the topic to start attacking sufferers bypassing meters on the ground floor, while ignoring billionairs in government embezzling your trillions that made the poor to bypass meters?

Are you okay?
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by successmatters(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
Acidosis:
All Nigerians pay tax, directly or indirectly. Bike riders pay tax every day. Traders and market women pay tax. Same applies to shoppers and those in the corporate world.

Tell them, they are thick skulled

1 Like

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by jmoore(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Most that claim to be paying tithes are not even paying tithes. How many of them are giving 10% of their salary and profit to the pastors? Most will give 2% or less and still call it tithe.

Some of them that give huge amount as tithes do so because they stole the money or scammed someone.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by swaggerjack: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
benjackugo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfvtqsi1QbY

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod mukina2

Cause and effect why Nigerian don't pay tax.

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by SmartPolician: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
successmatters:

Hypocrite, how did you leap from the topic to start attacking sufferers bypassing meters on the ground floor, while ignoring billionairs in government embezzling your trillions that made the poor to bypass meters?

Are you okay?

There's no difference between those who bypassed their meters and billionaires who steal public funds. They just lack the opportunity that the billionaires have. The day the man you consider a sufferer gets to the level of that billionaire, he will steal in billions.

Yes, criminality is a lifestyle common among those who lack contentment. A reputable man would rather remain broke and never steal even if he sees the opportunity to, while a thief will always find ways to justify his dubious lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by Roger3D(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
Only a dumb fool with take 10% of his income and donate it to a fraudster standing behind the pulpit. I only give my money to the poor and needy who need it the most. Pastor can go get a real Job like the apostles of Jesus did.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by Think9ja(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
The church is a source of hope for many people, so you can't blame them.

However, same cannot be said about the country that has dashed people's hopes and sent many to their early graves.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by CodeTemplar: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Is he suggesting Christians be taxed heavily?

What about Muslims and traditionalists?

Tithe is voluntary contribution towards a church unlike tax that's involuntary.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by CodeTemplar: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
successmatters:

Are you okay?
cause n effect. So correct.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by CodeTemplar: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Roger3D:
Only a dumb fool with take 10% of his income and donate it to a fraudster standing behind the pulpit. I only give my money to the poor and needy who need it the most. Pastor can go get a real Job like the apostles of Jesus did.
trash.

Even if the pastors were indeed fraudulent, it is still voluntary unlike tax and levy from numerous agberos.
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by mbos: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is the argument of those who have criminal mindsets.

I have repeatedly maintained that criminality runs in the bloodline of most Nigerians and that our dubious lifestyle is covered with hypocrisy and religion.

Even Jesus and his apostles paid taxes.

paying without accountability is slavery

a system designed to suck the masses dry must be discredited and abandoned
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by Roger3D(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
CodeTemplar:
trash.

Even if the pastors were indeed fraudulent, it is still voluntary unlike tax and levy from numerous agberos.
How come the Europeans who imposed the religion on you don't pay any tithes? I live in a country where Christianity has been established for over a thousand years and every Christian belonging to a registered domination pays a 'church tax' to the government depending on income levels. Nobody pays any tithes , take a look and them and you
Re: More People In Nigeria Pay Tithe More Than They Pay Tax - Father Oluoma (Video) by CodeTemplar: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
Roger3D:
How come the Europeans who imposed the religion on you don't pay any tithes? I live in a country where Christianity has been established for over a thousand years and every Christian belonging to a registered domination pays a 'church tax' to the government depending on income levels. Nobody pays any tithes , take a look and them and you
stuid liar.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Coup Update;the New Head Of State Of The Junta Of Niger / Peter Obi Engages Nigerians on Twitter, / Adamawa: The Pdp State Is On Fire. Obi & Atiku Silent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.