Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism (1016 Views)

Website Of Punch Newspaper Finally Hacked / How I Got My Adsense With Just 24 Posts On A New Website Of Just 2 Weeks Old! / The Official School Website Of National Examination Council (NECO) Hacked!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism by yawatide(f): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
I laugh in Igbo. I guess Nigerians are generous. Giving away vital information about their database. Naija we hail thee.
Re: Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism by dhtml1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
The site is no longer opening, what did you guys do to it?
Re: Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism by Slyr0x: 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
Am sure it was hacked.

This url --> http://www.tourism.gov.ng/index.php?section=5 "looks" like a SQL Injection point. .The "attacker" must've prolly dropped the whole db. Bad practice i'd say. Hacking into the site is more than enough. .Why wuld some1 drop an entire db? An amateur at work! Lets pray the web admin has a backup somewhere.
undecided

#JustSaying
Re: Interesting Message On Website Of Ministry Of Tourism by yawatide(f): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
sly:
Chances are that this is an awoof contract that even the Minister knows nothing about. As long as it worked at least 2 weeks after they paid off the crony who did it, they could care less. If true, sad indeed.

If I had the ear of the powers that be in the govt website space, I would tell them to set up an office of the webmaster who would coordinate all the Nigerian MDA web efforts. This department would come complete with everyone I have recruited (with proper qualifications of course) on the nigeria.gov.ng redesign project. The aim would be to ensure uniformity across the board and issues like security wouldn't be left at the bottom of the barrel.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Make Money On Facebook? Not Sure! Watch Now-Video 4&5 Added / . / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Online!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.