Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,998 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci (631 Views)

Breaking News!!! Sanni Abacha Is Not From The North. / Bola Tinubu: Hero Or Villain Of June 12? By Temidayo Akinsuyi / What We’re Doing About Abacha’s $300m, By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Chijeep(m): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2023
I Saw this piece online and after reading through I asked myself why is this man so hated that much despite all these great achievements or was hate politics played on him just as we have nowadays that painted him black in the eyes of the masses?

Hate Sani Abacha as you wish, his records of prudent management are yet to be broken.

the writeup I Saw online...
Gen.Abacha executed big projects without taking loans, spurred the impressive that no matter the intensity of the "loot propaganda" against him and his family he is a hero and a visionary leader.

Here are some of the projects he executed within 4 years and 7 months his administration lasted without taking any loan.

1, National Assembly Complex.

2, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG)

3, Federal Medical Centers (FMC) in all the State Capitals.

4, National Hospital Abuja.

5, Women and Children hospital, So koto

6, Aminu Kano Hospital, Kano

7, Gwarinpa Housing Estate.

8, Apo legislative quarters

9, Aluminum Smelting Company, Akwa Ibom

10, PTF drugs and beds in all the federal government hospitals.

11, PTF roads, and water projects across Nigeria.

12, Lecture halls, campus buses and hostels in all the Federal universities.

13, Establishment and funding of the National Health Insurance Scheme.

14, Federal Mass Assisted Bus Service.

15, Revival of the Nigerian Ports Authority

16, Revival of Nigerian Railways.

17, Export Processing Zones

18, Groundwork for mobile telecommunications in Nigeria.

19, Groundwork for Nigeria's nuclear electricity with Uranium.

20, Payment of all the debts of federal contractors.

Recall that Nigeria's foreign reserve was $494 million in 1993 when Abacha took over as the Head of States. With crude oil as Nigeria's major earner dangling between $8-$9 per barrel, Abacha still grew it to $9.6 billion by the middle of 1997, decreased Nigeria's debt from $36 billion to $27 billion, reduced an inflation rate of 54% inherited from Ernest Shonekan to 8.5% between 1993 and 1998.

5 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by PlayerMeji: 5:39am On Jul 28, 2023
Time keeps changing...bro
Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Blacks only appreciate a good leader after his demise, Abacha was just power drunk but good in governance according to what I was told.

5 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Kukutente23: 5:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Tissue of lies
Wherever you read this from need to be burned down
Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by gidgiddy: 5:52am On Jul 28, 2023
When a man seizes power by the barrel of the gun, such man should never be celebrated, no matter what he achieves in power.

Sani Abacha was a renowned coup plotter and a thief

To this day, they are still recovering the billions of Dollars that thief of an officer stashed abroad, almost 30 years since his death

How anyone can be asking if a coup plotting, power grabbing thief, is a hero or a villain is beyond me

Una sure say una head correct so?

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by HenryWilliams(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2023
They want to whitewash the family dirty legacy so that his children or relatives can be accepted and run for political offices .

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by System202: 5:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Abacha is a great leader who did not last long, politicians and some military hate Abacha bcs he doesn't tolerate their nonsense, and he jail some of them. that is why after the return to civilian rule, Obasanjo unleash all forms of propergander against abacha in orther to brainwash the masses

Nb: even if Abacha is a thief, it's better we have thieves like him, than to have heartless, and selfish politicians running the country since 1999, if Abacha is around we would have been developed by now, and their will b no poverty that we are facing now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Karlman: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Am sure he did all that...and also stole as much!
Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Abdulg2019: 6:08am On Jul 28, 2023
Obasanjo created the hatred because he (Sani) imprison Oba, so Oba was just interested in the monies he (Sani) kept in people's accounts which Obasanjo called looted funds.
Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by infofta(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2023
gidgiddy:
When a man seizes power by the barrel of the gun, such man should never be celebrated, no matter what he achieves in power.

Sani Abacha was a renowned coup plotter and a thief

To this day, they are still recovering the billions of Dollars that thief of an officer stashed abroad, almost 30 years since his death

How anyone can be asking if a coup plotting, power grabbing thief, is a hero or a villain is beyond me

Una sure say una head correct so?

The ones you voted or bought their way into power democratically what did they achieve?
What is the use of democracy in Nigeria if the people are recolonized by their fellow black.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by WorldRichest: 6:19am On Jul 28, 2023
You forgot to add that Sani Abacha also built the Heaven you will be going after Ogun kee you

1 Like

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by udemzyudex(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Abdulg2019:
Obasanjo created the hatred because he (Sani) imprison Oba, so Oba was just interested in the monies he (Sani) kept in people's accounts which Obasanjo called looted funds.

Na looted funds abi e no be looted funds?

Yes or no?
Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by JealousCobra(m): 6:23am On Jul 28, 2023
Abdulg2019:

Democracy is the worst form of pandemic to hit Nigerians since APC took over power in 2015.

#BringBackMilitary 😎

Military na beg we dey beg una.

4 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by johannu(m): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2023
A thief (Sani Abacha) who did not give other thieves free hand to steal our commonwealth managed to spend judiciously what was left after his stealing, unlike the saint (Muhammadu Buhari) who cared less and watched cronies and associates steal, loot and plunder our commonwealth, plunging us into debt by borrowing money they ended up stealing using some ways and means.

4 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Minime10(f): 6:38am On Jul 28, 2023
General Sani Abacha of blessed memory ( may Allah rest his soul) will definitely pass for a SAINT judging from the unprecedented high Calibre pilfering for 8 solid years of the immediate passed administration.
At least, our lives was secured during General Sani Abacha's regimeπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

6 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Vinnie2000(m): 6:42am On Jul 28, 2023
Can't say much BUT

Gen Sani Abacha is Certainly a BETTER ruler than Buhari and the current Mr Druggie in Aso Rock! sadπŸ˜’

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2023
General Sani Abacha is the best President nigeria ever had.

It would have been Umar Yar Adua. But we all knew what they did to him. Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by adebayo987: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2023
A wicked man is a wicked man. During the time of Hitler, Germany's economy was prosperous. Most tyrants, dictators and power driven leaders seems to do well in economy but human beings who are supposed to enjoy it will be suffering. They can kill you at any time without mercy and without kicking against any law.

It is better to have a bad economy with free people than to have a prosperous economy in bondage or prison. Nigerians cried for democracy after Abacha's regime because you can't move about freely. Sometimes just because you mistakenly didn't greet a soldier you'll be taken to a corner and shot dead. Even Gaddafi's people were against him simply because he rapes women mercilessly and sometimes kills without regarding any law. The economy was prosperous under him but were human beings free?

Why is US prosperous, it's simply because humans are free.

Most Russian citizens don't like Putin for what he's doing in Ukraine, but don't be surprised if he is missed after his tenure based on economic prosperity.

It is normally and usually so everywhere. But the most important thing is human freedom to do business and prosper.

Chijeep:
I Saw this piece online and after reading through I asked myself why is this man so hated that much despite all these great achievements or was hate politics played on him just as we have nowadays that painted him black in the eyes of the masses?

Hate Sani Abacha as you wish, his records of prudent management are yet to be broken.

Gen.Abacha executed big projects without taking loans, spurred the impressive that no matter the intensity of the "loot propaganda" against him and his family he is a hero and a visionary leader.

Here are some of the projects he executed within 4 years and 7 months his administration lasted without taking any loan.

Recall that Nigeria's foreign reserve was $494 million in 1993 when Abacha took over as the Head of States. With crude oil as Nigeria's major earner dangling between $8-$9 per barrel, Abacha still grew it to $9.6 billion by the middle of 1997, decreased Nigeria's debt from $36 billion to $27 billion, reduced an inflation rate of 54% inherited from Ernest Shonekan to 8.5% between 1993 and 1998.

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by Vinnie2000(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2023
Minime10:
General Sani Abacha of blessed memory ( may Allah rest his soul) will definitely pass for a SAINT judging from the unprecedented high Calibre pilfering for 8 solid years of the immediate pass administration.

Well said. πŸ‘πŸ‘

What Abacha Achieved in His 5 Year Rule.

If you give the USELESS, Demonic APC Party of Tinubu 20years to Match it,
They will FAIL as Usual. πŸ˜’

2 Likes

Re: Sanni Abacha. A Hero Or Villain? See What I Read About Abacha That's So Convinci by DoTheNeedful: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2023
Chijeep:

Just by reading this, I could tell that you are in your 20s. You were not born or old enough to know how terrible the life of an average Nigerian was under Abacha, not to talk about how people lived in constant fear. Foreign direct investments were all time low under Abacha. His administration was the most terrible.

By the way, most of what you listed there are not true. Also note that every administration will have a list of "accomplishments". Buhari's administration listed over 200 (compare to the 20 you listed for Abacha) of those "accomplishments" in 8 years, yet a lot of people believe that Buhari's administration was subpar.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

$800 Million Subsidy Savings:Tinubu Friendship With Abacha Money Launderers / ECOWAS Gives Military Junta In Niger Republic One Week To Restore President / Frm NDDC Chair: Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After Fleeing To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.