Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,200 members, 7,845,954 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast (2610 Views)

Massive Poll The Entire Southeast, Plateau, Benue, And Southern Kaduna Will Be L / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by IamAtikulate: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Have you seen the slums in Onitsha, Abia and Enugu

Check here and see

Obiagu is a slum in Enugu, just as we have in Lagos and FCT, but this is the center of Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SpatialKing(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
Stillkrug:
Why the same ogun battling potopoto and flood upon the igr yeye no dey smell so

Don't mind them

Most of them will be claiming Lagos because they can't go back home

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by PPIA: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
Stillkrug:
Why the same ogun battling potopoto and flood upon the igr yeye no dey smell so
Why is the whole south east embracing giga gully erosion of their red wasteland? cool

Anambra is a case study cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by TimeMachine2: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
Jogs1900:

Companies in onitsha alone are more than 50m.
Onitsha is the largest market in Africa.

My hand no dey

Which of the Onitsha are you talking about ? You are a clown 🤡! I know everywhere in Onitsha, from parts, main markets, head Bridge down to Fegge. From Onitsha Gra down to Oba junction. Soprom Hotel that burnt is where I always lodge and I have met the owner, a woman. They have an open upper floor bar and swimming and night club that yoyo girls always come around on Wednesdays called ladies night.

Just mention the companies and spare me your usual cyclic taradiddles.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Jogs1900: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
TimeMachine2:

Which of the Onitsha are you talking about ? You are a clown 🤡! I know everywhere in Onitsha, from parts, main markets, head Bridge down to Fegge. From Onitsha Gra down to Oba junction. Soprom Hotel that burnt is where I always lodge and I have met the owner, a woman. They have an open upper floor bar and swimming and night club that yoyo girls always come around on Wednesdays called ladies night.

Just mention the companies and spare me your usual cyclic taradiddles.
You are disturbing yourself .
You don't know I'm being sarcastic?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by ideynl1: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
Na so Una take talk say Osun state IGR is bigger than the whole Southeast until them burst Una
Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
ideynl1:
Na so Una take talk say Osun state IGR is bigger than the whole Southeast until them burst Una

Pls burst this one

This is a confirmed fact from NBS

You can verify through the government site

Here is it, pls confirm yourself and share what you see

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by TimeMachine2: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
Jogs1900:

You are disturbing yourself .
You don't know I'm being sarcastic?
It flew my head, I thought it was one of those coons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Obiagu is a slum in Enugu, just as we have in Lagos and FCT, but this is the center of Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

Do you know that the entire southeast is about same size as Oyo state alone

Yet southeast have more slums than Oyo.

It is like 70% of southeast is slum

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by gidgiddy: 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Interesting facts.

Ogun IGR is bigger than the entire southeast

Oyo IGR is two times that of Anambra

We hope the government can put a stop to sit at home in the east so the region can experience economic growth and improve their IGR.

Sit at home need to stop

Cooly100

Thats really embarrassing for Ogun, having all that IGR but has no where in the entire state that is as developed as the city of Onitsha

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by gidgiddy: 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Who cares about your size? Outside Ibadan, could the SW develop anywhere?

But the South East did not need Onitsha, Nnewi or Aba to be capital of anywhere before developing those places with their sweat

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Who cares about your size? Outside Ibadan, could the SW develop anywhere?

But the South East did not need Onitsha, Nnewi or Aba to be capital of anywhere before developing those places with their sweat

In this life, try to make it otherwise you go explain tire, no evidence

See results below

Oyo alone has two times Anambra IGR

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by gidgiddy: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

See results below

If you like have all the IGR in the world, if you cannot develop anywhere outside Ibadan, to the level of Onitsha, your IGR is useless

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Jogs1900: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
TimeMachine2:

It flew my head, I thought it was one of those coons.
Lol..
We are cool now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SOSinNigeria: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Interesting facts.

Ogun IGR is bigger than the entire southeast

Oyo IGR is two times that of Anambra

We hope the government can put a stop to sit at home in the east so the region can experience economic growth and improve their IGR.

Sit at home need to stop

Cooly100

Olodo, it's not by IGR. See how Ogun is still in a terrible state despite your worthless IGR.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

If you like have all the IGR in the world, if you cannot develop anywhere outside Ibadan, to the level of Onitsha, your IGR is useless

Poverty by state, all southeast state has the worst rank.

The least poverty states are southwest states

Ebonyi is ranked most poverty state in the south

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SmartPolician: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:
First and second pix are Abia and Anambra, while third and fourth are Ibadan and Osun.

SW IGRs are audio

No state in Nigeria fakes its IGR.

That's because IGR is an amount state governments generate within the state and work with. They can be asked to account for it anytime. The only figures that anyone can make up are state population, GDP, etc. The data is merely based on estimates.

But then, IGR data is mostly generated through taxes. If a state has a low IGR, chances are people who do business there are not heavily taxed or some people are stealing government money and not remitting all the money to the state government. Funnily enough, many state governments don't take it seriously because they all receive monthly allocations from Abuja.

However, the most important question we should be asking is what governors do with IGR, not how big it is. Like I always say, money is good, but judicious use of it is more important.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SOSinNigeria: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

See results below

Picture 1. Onitsha (not a state capital).
Picture 2. Aba (not a state capital).
Picture 3. Ibadan (state capital).
Picture 4. Abeokuta (state capital).

If with your IGR, you still have such eyesore as cities while without IGR, we have decent cities. Don't you think you should learn from the real developers?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Olodo, it's not by IGR. See how Ogun is still in a terrible state despite your worthless IGR.

Ndi billionaires

Audio billionaires

Your yansh don open, all na scam.

Where are the developers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

If with your IGR, you still have such eyesore as cities while without IGR, we have decent cities. Don't you think you should learn from the real developers?

You went to look for the finest places in your state and compared with the poorest regions in southwest.

Anyone can do that.

I can show you slums in US

I guess southeast is better than USA then

Show us results beyond building

We are talking of statistics here not building

Abi southeast people no sabi pass warehouse economists.
I forgot, the best schools are in southwest

See slums in USA

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

See ibadan

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SOSinNigeria: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Do you know the entire SW is the same size as Niger state? Do you know Israel is less than 5% the size of Algeria? Yet Israel is far ahead in virtually everything!

It is poor education that makes you guys to always reference landmass when talking about development.

Oyo state has the largest landmass according to you, yet Imo State has a bigger GDP!

If you're educated, you will know GDP is what is used in measuring development, not empty landmass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SOSinNigeria: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

You went to look for the finest places in your state and compared with the poorest regions in southwest.

Anyone can do that.

I can show you slums in US

I guess southeast is better than USA then

Show us results beyond building

We are talking of statistics here not building

Abi southeast people no sabi pass warehouse economists.
I forgot, the best schools are in southwest

See slums in USA

You don't even get the point, even when it's staring you in the face. Slums in decent cities always constitute a small percentage.

Slums in US, Canada, Europe, SE Nigeria and other decent places are less than 10% of their cities but in SW Nigeria, slums constitute over 90% of their cities! That's the problem, note the difference!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by RuggedBiafran: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2023
Residents of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, are at the risk of an epidemic following the absence of toilets in many parts of the communities in the city.

PUNCH Metro gathered that some areas with ancestral homes did not have toilets and resorted to open defecation.

During a visit to some of the communities, including Fowosedo, Ago-Ika, Totoro, Ijofa, Sapon, Sokori, among others, it was observed that canals, bush paths, riversides and refuse dumps had been taken over by faeces, as both the young and the elderly engaged in open defecation.

Our correspondent noted that the communities reeked from the stench of human waste, while the drainage bred bacteria and vectors.

https://punchng.com/open-defecation-ogun-communities-stink-govt-threatens-crackdown/

Omoawoke2:

Ndi billionaires

Audio billionaires

Your yansh don open, all na scam.

Where are the developers

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by gidgiddy: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Poverty by state, all southeast state has the worst rank.

The least poverty states are southwest states

Ebonyi is ranked most poverty state in the south

Whenever you can show us aerial view of anywhere you developed outside Ibadan, former capital of the Western Region and now capital of Oyo, then come back and talk about IGR and poverty

Below is Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi, none of them have ever been capital of anywhere

Whats the point of your IGR if you have nothing to show for it?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

You don't even get the point, even when it's staring you in the face. Slums in decent cities always constitute a small percentage.

Slums in US, Canada, Europe, SE Nigeria and other decent places are less than 10% of their cities but in SW Nigeria, slums constitute over 90% of their cities! That's the problem, note the difference!!!

Proof it, that slums are 90% of southwest…

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Whenever you can show us aerial view of anywhere you developed outside Ibadan, former capital of the Western Region and now capital of Oyo, then come back and talk about IGR and poverty

Below is Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi, none of them have ever been capital of anywhere

You don’t still get it? Onistha, Aba , Nnewi no reach Ibadan in size

It is just like splitting Ibadan into 5 different cities and give them fancy names

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by SOSinNigeria: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Proof it, that slums are 90% of southwest…

Drone pictures have proven it already!
Google satellite images have proven it already!!

But you can continue decieving yourself, that's your choice!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by RuggedBiafran: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ogun arrests 124 offenders for open defecation

https://www.odogwublog.com/ogun-arrests-124-offenders-for-open-defecation/

Open Defecation: Ogun tasks fuel stations, markets, others to provide public toilets
https://guardian.ng/news/open-defecation-ogun-tasks-fuel-stations-markets-others-to-provide-public-toilets/

Panic grips Ogun community over scary gully erosion threatening to displace residents
https://punchng.com/panic-grips-ogun-community-over-scary-gully-erosion-threatening-to-displace-residents/#google_vignette

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Gbogbowa: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
What do you expect Igbo men investment are marjorly in the south west at least i do business with wichtech owned by an Igbo man the cable company is in Lagos at shagamu interchange,headquarters also in Lagos with real estate in banana island,Oji KANU 3 manufacturing company between Lagos and Ogun,Igbo's are responsible for more than 50 percent of important in Nigeria via lagos.igbo help to developed southwest
Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by gidgiddy: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoawoke2:

You don’t still get it? Onistha, Aba , Nnewi no reach Ibadan in size

It is just like splitting Ibadan into 5 different cities and give them fancy names

People that are talking about size because they have nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast by Omoawoke2(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Multiply the best places in southeast by 10, e never reach VI alone in Lagos

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Will Peter Obi Campaign In The SW In 2027? / Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce / Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.