Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG (13235 Views)

At Least 16 Million Individuals In Nigeria Live With Chronic Viral Hepatitis –FG / Millions Of Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B: Go For Test Today / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by fastseo: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2023
DigitB:
I tested positive for the HBV.

No symptoms, further test says my liver and kidney are still healthy.

I'm taking medications.

Don't even know how I got that shịt. I'm not sexually active.
HBV don't affect kidney rather liver.

you could get it from childhood. most people with hbv are those who get its from child hood as the virus refuses to clear as a result of weak immune system in children.
adults will clear the virus 95% to 99% of the time they get it and go further to developing naturally immune system.

hbv is of two stages - active and inactive and to know which one u got.. 'go for hbv profile test.. if you are able to clear the HBeAg or it shows negative then you are innactive.

it mean that the virus is not multiplying or affecting u. and as such you won't or might not be needing any drugs. but must stay away from alcohol, meat and oily food. the good news is that 80 to 90 % of hbv patients are always like this and they won't be sick. that's why the government has made it compulsory for all children to be vaccinated I think Nigeria started vaccination for children in 2004 while USA started 1990

in addition you should go for yearly checkup like liver scan n LFT test to know how ur liver is.

Note : 90% of Nigerian doctors don't fully understand what hbv is all about. even the said gastroenterologist only a few actually understands it. as they might scare the shit out of u.

Apart from this you will leave a normal life unless other things kill u.

hbv kills when you fail to detect it on time, that's why everyone should go for testing. detect it and if you need medication to suppress it. you start taking it.

it takes herpetites b 20 to 30 years to destroy the liver and if you have it you don't know and you still go ahead to take alcohol then that follow can die within 10 to 15 years.
note that herpetites does not kill rather it affects the liver and causes fibrosis and cirrhosis. while fibrosis if detected could be reverse the said can't be said of cirrhosis and it takes 20 years of active high level load of hbv to get cirrhosis.

There are trial drugs on going and in 2 years time it will be in mrkt there is a drug that is known to cure the virus but they are recording 35 to 40% success rate and those who are likely to benefit are those with lower load.

but other trail drugs are on the way... in next 10 years are so maybe a cure to get everyone free will be found just as the case of herpetites c which now has a cure

note: no herbal drugs can cure it.... don't drink any herb as it could complicate things or affects the kidney.

8 Likes

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Sirchiboy: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2023
tishbite42:

Anyone o
Are you rich?
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by emerged01(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
Simply advise them to stop sleeping around and stop cutting corners.
Contacting hepatitis b is more than sleeping around. You can easily contact hepatitis b by sweat and saliva.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-hepatitis-is-transmitted-3964786#:~:text=How%20HBV%20Is%20Spread,milk%20of%20an%20infected%20person.

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by DigitB: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2023

I'm taking medications.

5 Likes

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by StKizitoOfPadua: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
Simply advise them to stop sleeping around and stop cutting corners.

So sleeping around is what causes hepatitis? So much for your orientation on the subject matter. Do proper research on how that thing spread and save those around you from contacting it without knowing believing you that it all comes with sleeping around.

3 Likes

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by StKizitoOfPadua: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2023
emerged01:

Contacting hepatitis b is more than sleeping around. You can easily contact hepatitis b by sweat and saliva.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-hepatitis-is-transmitted-3964786#:~:text=How%20HBV%20Is%20Spread,milk%20of%20an%20infected%20person.

U get time reply werrey? People over sabi things wey them no even know sef lolz.

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by panpan(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2023
If a person, who tested negative for hepatitis B, gets vaccinated, will he later test positive as a result of the hepatitis B vaccine?

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by tishbite42: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Are you rich?
You're a man, ni99a
Get the phuck outta my mentions, fagg
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by tishbite42: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2023
StKizitoOfPadua:

So sleeping around is what causes hepatitis? So much for your orientation on the subject matter. Do proper research on how that thing spread and save those around you from contacting it without knowing believing you that it all comes with sleeping around.
I tire o
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by abba190: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
Ok continue sleeping around 19million is no joke, the world will not stop if anyone decided to play with his life. Keep spreading your seed with reckless abandon and get ready for whatever consequence it might bring.
look at this coward b!tch, with or without hepatitis u must kick the bucket. nothing will stop us from knacking raw if we stop knacking these ladies how will they survive the current hardship in the country

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Exceed15: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Omo disease choke
If you’re a Nigerian and you’re healthy you don’t know what God has done for you

There's no one on the surface without one or two health challenge. Let's manage our health well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by StKizitoOfPadua: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2023
tishbite42:

I tire o

My dear, Some of those Naira land doctor wannabe with their mouths ehn

It's important to seek orientation always. Not hearsays
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Jsucre(m): 10:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Yankee101:
50% don’t know their status yet you say 10% of the population has hepatitis?

What stupid kind of statistics is this?

These guys don’t know the implication of rubbish like this. They’ll ban Nigerians from multiple countries for this unscientific statement. Even hiv that is well tested in nigeria is just 1.4% or less than 2million
some know about hepatitis but dey don't know their status. Simple
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by enemyofprogress: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2023
They plenty here on nairaland
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Bfly: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2023
Instead of financing their care, They are systematically begging for palliative care from the west. So as to pocket its part in the health budget.
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Sirchiboy: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2023
tishbite42:

You're a man, ni99a
Get the phuck outta my mentions, fagg
I wanted to arrange a sweet lady for you
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by WantsandMore: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2023
City Boys & Girls take note...no wonder Fela Sing Yellow Fever....yall stay safe and bump a vaccine..
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Xkale1996(m): 10:17am On Jul 29, 2023
DigitB:

I'm taking medications.

you can get it through sweat spoon you share e.t.c if you have sugar cane
Take it constantly
It cures it
Milk
Bread
Beans
Groundnut oil
Fish
Meat
Stop eating what I mentioned above
For now
You need herbal medicine for it
Am in kano state
I can waybill it for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Savedday2: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2023
9ja girls, I hail all of uhna!

See wetin these girls dey spread!

I can authoritatively say that, Devil dey learn work from 9ja girls hand!
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Ramirezkhay(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2023
cheesy

Hepatitis pa'y**yin

grin
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by GistFullGround: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Why don't Nigerians like vacination

Herpititis have vacination, it's even free in Dubai.. a single shot last years

Nigerians like to complain, yet do nothing!
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Moniya4Real(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2023
I agree

BOSSkesh:
Omo disease choke
If you’re a Nigerian and you’re healthy you don’t know what God has done for you
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Error401: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2023
Its free in Nigeria too, got a shot in a govt. hospital free of charge, only paid 100 naira for the card
I was told to come back adter 3 weeks or so but never went
Curse777:
cool

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2023
Curse777:

Anyways herpititis isn't only transmitted through sex.

Physical contact through sweat

Alcohol binging

So even if you refuse to have sex Herpes can get anyone unvaccinated

Kindly explain the bolded undecided
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Toosure70: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2023
Leave this for now and let's discusse hunger first. Hunger kills faster than this

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Moneyboyz: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2023
Says the government who doesn't know the actual population of its citizens.
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Faithy04: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2023
May God heal our land of all kinds of sickness most especially hardship and poverty
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Akanji10: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2023
whatsapp 0902@8@1830@39
for hepatitis permanent solution
you will change your toothbrush weekly#
and you must be able to hydrate yourself every hour
note: no meat, no fish , no egg , no cooking of junks foods
during the course of the treatment.
duration : 2/3 month interval

1 Like

Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by jeff1607(m): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
But it's majorly through sex

So long as you enter public transport, transmission rate is high
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by tishbite42: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I wanted to arrange a sweet lady for you
😂😂😂
My bad

E never dey
Thanks sha
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by abibun: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Is there vaccine for HCV, don't just post what you don't know
Re: 19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG by Calitoscassius(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
But it's majorly through sex
Not really, i have had sex with nearly 150 women, i can tell you i have only had few sexual transmitted disease like gonorrhea and clamydia which is quite common and treatable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NMASTRIKE: University of Uyo Teaching Hospital CMD Shuts Down Electricity. / How To Combat Pimples? / Iran Reports 49 New Coronavirus Deaths, Highest Single-day Toll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.