Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ (489 Views)

Hello Nigerians? Have An Few Questions From An Outsiders Point Of View? / Iru Community Accuse Gbolahan Of Becoming Despotic, Turning Iru Into Old Ajah / WT? Recession Turning Some Men Into Slay Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by Sxyhalima: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2023
1. what are things that i should do in my 30s

2. what are thing si should achieve in my 30s

3. what are things you wish you knew when you began your 30s

4. what are your biggest regrets of your 30s

thanks!
Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by CCIA: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2023
grin

If you are a woman, I say get ready for menopause in a few more years like Siofra is currently doing grin

Modified:
Shoutout to the person below me grin
Orohbirodeysmel

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by orohbirodeysmel: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2023
Life no get manual...keep moving...keep going

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by b3llo(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2023
Let your yes be yes and no be no. Hearken to voice of wisdom and reasoning. Always have an independent mind and be ready for whatever outcome that comes with your decision. Don't go about explaining yourself to everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by Casham: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
Life has no definite manual. We learn on the job here.
Just live Your life and enjoy every moment of it.

But one truth I learnt is that it is in Your thirties that You will begin to be aware of the reality of Your mortality.
Because this is when You actually begin to realize that You can never really go back again.
You only really get older from here.
This is when You either learn to accept who You are or the mid-life crisis will only get worse.
By accepting who You are, I mean: Your hairline is never getting better, it will only recede further back from here on.
Your skin is never getting any more smoother or softer than You would like,
Your meager N30 or N50 salary will no longer support the reality You want for Yourself,
You are no longer comfortable with mere handouts anymore because earning some respect
suddenly becomes more important to You than whether or not You have eaten. etc.

But it is also the time You will actually learn to be free and accept life.

So enjoy Your life.
This is advice from a 32 year old failed man who is just about to start the university.
Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by BentizilL: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2023
Casham:
Life has no definite manual. We learn on the job here.
Just live Your life and enjoy every moment of it.

But one truth I learnt is that it is in Your thirties that You will begin to be aware of the reality of Your mortality.
Because this is when You actually begin to realize that You can never really go back again.
You only really get older from here.
This is when You either learn to accept who You are or the mid-life crisis will only get worse.
By accepting who You are, I mean: Your hairline is never getting better, it will only recede further back from here on.
Your skin is never getting any more smoother or softer than You would like,
Your meager N30 or N50 salary will no longer support the reality You want for Yourself,
You are no longer comfortable with mere handouts anymore because earning some respect
suddenly becomes more important to You than whether or not You have eaten. etc.

But it is also the time You will actually learn to be free and accept life.

So enjoy Your life.
This is advice from a 32 year old failed man who is just about to start the university.
No man is a failure unless he give up...
What happen, can you tell your story?

It may serve as lessons to others..
Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by Casham: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
BentizilL:

No man is a failure unless he give up...
What happen, can you tell your story?

It may serve as lessons to others..
Hey! Thanks for this. I want to give my story when the time is right. But for now, I just converted my memoir into a book that will be released very soon. I went through hell in my first stint in the university and I was forced to drop out. Now I am rebuilding myself from scratch on my own. But You will here me someday
Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by Sxyhalima: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2023
bump
Re: Turning 30 Soon And I Have A Few Questions For Those 30+ by Sxyhalima: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2023
advice

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin: I'm A Direct Descendant Of Oranmiyan, Son Of ODUDUWA. Video. / . / Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.