Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs (751 Views)

Major Adewale Ademoyega: Leader Of First Nigerian Military Coup / Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry / Goodluck Jonathan Shares His 2015 Quote On Facebook today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Of the soldiers in the 11th and 19th battalions, former Major ("Lt. Col."wink Ademoyega wrote: "…at the slightest prompting, they would desert the front, skip the battalion headquarters and make their way straight to Benin, to sleep in one of the school dormitories or terrorize civilians in town."

So there you have it.

An orc band of barbarian cowards who knew only how to terrorise civilians while absconding from a fight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by illicit(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
U fall my hand, u call me Okoro
Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Christistruth03: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Of the soldiers in the 11th and 19th battalions, former Major ("Lt. Col."wink Ademoyega wrote: "…at the slightest prompting, they would desert the front, skip the battalion headquarters and make their way straight to Benin, to sleep in one of the school dormitories or terrorize civilians in town."

So there you have it.

An orc band of barbarian cowards who knew only how to terrorise civilians while absconding from a fight.

The Truth is that the Ordinary Igbos were not keen on Ojukwu's War

Gen Gowon Stated that the educated ones were far more Tribalistic than the uneducated ones

The Federal Side discovered that the Ordinary uneducated ones did not care who ruled over them or which tribe he came from as long as

their Survival and safety was guaranteed

2 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by AuschwitzPrefec: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Truth is that the Ordinary Igbos were not keen on Ojukwu's War

Gen Gowon Stated that the educated ones were far more Tribalistic than the uneducated ones

The Ordinary uneducated ones did not care who ruled over themor which tribe he came from as long as their

Survival and safety was guaranteed

I dare disagree.

Biafra was widely supported by the Ibo plebs just as it is today widely supported in today's Ibo plebs .

4 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Christistruth03: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

I dare disagree.

Biafra was widely supported by the Ibo plebs just as it is today widely supported in today's Ibo plebs .

The Igbo Soldiers were gladly Changing sides once their Safety and Survival Was guaranteed by the federal Officers
Read Gen Alabi Isama's book "Tragedy of Victory"

grin

Listen to Ojukwu after the War just before he returned to the same Nigeria he fought
does he sound like he cares for anyone but himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM69swDw1XI

Interpretation

If you died or lost everything in the disastrously foolish War I led you into,
You are on your own

You shouldn't have foolishly listened to or obeyed me in the first place because I didn't mean anything I said during the War

I now want to return to eat better Fura de nunu and
drink better Kunu with the same Northern boys I sent and abandoned you to die at the Warfront fighting because they are now in control of the National Cake and I need some for myself

my Personal interest comes first and I no send you

Farewell

--------Ojukwu

(Ps Send my love to my God daughter the Beauty Queen Bianca,
I will surely tie the knot with her on my return after dumping the Old Cargo I am with now who was also my former Wife Njideka's Chief Bridesmaid and who fled Biafra with me and almost lost her life running through the Jungle behind me pursued by live bullets and Machine gunfire from those Nasty Federal Soldiers)

Nigerians need to note that Ojukwu completely failed to ask or beg for the FG to make sure all the maimed, the Widows and Orphans from the fallout of the disastrous Civil War were Catered for and well taken Care of, this means Ojukwu never cared about them or their plight

Ojukwo was only interested in himself alone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

So there you have it.

B-b-b-but ibos no dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by AuschwitzPrefec: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
In a pattern of behavior that can only be described as self-destructive, the "liberation" force went molesting, raping, kidnapping, torturing, detaining and even killing local figures whose support they badly needed (14, 17). For example, Mr. J. O Adeola (Commissioner of Police), Mr. Olu Akpata (Permanent Secretary), Mr. Sam Umweni (of Radio Nigeria, Benin) and Mr. J Imoukhuede (Head of the civil service), were abducted from Benin and taken back to Biafra. They remained in prison (without trial) until the end of the war.

In his memoirs, Ademoyega acknowledges:

"The 18th battalion stationed in that port (Warri) was a ragged, ill-equipped and ill-controlled unit. Reports of their lawlessness in town had been scandalous." Such actions (among others) did not endear them to the people they came to liberate from "the north".

Ademoyega summarized it thus: "Biafran entry into the Midwest was seen by the people, especially the non-Ibos of the State, as an act of foreign aggression."

The decision to occupy and then terrorize a proud and ancient cultural region should not have been made so lightly.

Especially coming from a slave race, if I may add.

2 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by RuggedBiafran: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
After all you put down which is Fiction, i want to tell you a known FACT

WHEN ARE YOU RECLAIMING ILORIN as Brave SLAVES?
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by RuggedBiafran: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
MKO Abiola died like a Native Fowl
ILORIN was lost and Occupied by Fulani. Who banishes Yoruba children in Yoruba land?
Awolowo was crying even on his death bed
Diya was crying before Abacha

The tales of cowardice from the sadwasted Region (SW) is too much...

You lost Ilorin to bows/arrows/swords and till today you cant reclaim those lands. Igbos fought NATIONS, with modernized equipment. They held their ground for 3years and didnt lose a territory.

Have some honor and stop disgracing yoruba cowardice...spits

Christistruth03:

The Igbo Soldiers were gladly Changing sides once their Safety and Survival Was guaranteed by the federal Officers
Read Gen Alabi Isama's book "Tragedy of Victory"

grin

Listen to Ojukwu after the War just before he returned to the same Nigeria he fought
does he sound like he cares for anyone but himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM69swDw1XI

Interpretation

If you died or lost everything in the disastrously foolish War I led you into,
You are on your own

You shouldn't have foolishly listened to or obeyed me in the first place because I didn't mean anything I said during the War

I now want to return to eat better Fura de nunu and
drink better Kunu with the same Northern boys I sent and abandoned you to die at the Warfront fighting because they are now in control of the National Cake and I need some for myself

my Personal interest comes first and I no send you

Farewell

--------Ojukwu

(Ps Send my love to my God daughter the Beauty Queen Bianca,
I will surely tie the knot with her on my return after dumping the Old Cargo I am with now who was also my former Wife Njideka's Chief Bridesmaid and who fled Biafra with me and almost lost her life running through the Jungle behind me pursued by live bullets and Machine gunfire from those Nasty Federal Soldiers)

Nigerians need to note that Ojukwu completely failed to ask or beg for the FG to make sure all the maimed, the Widows and Orphans from the fallout of the disastrous Civil War were Catered for and well taken Care of, this means Ojukwu never cared about them or their plight

Ojukwo was only interested in himself alone

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Christistruth03: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
ILORIN was lost and Occupied by Fulani. Who banishes Yoruba children in Yoruba land?

You lost Ilorin to bows/arrows/swords and till today you cant reclaim those lands. Igbos fought NATIONS, with modernized equipment. They held their ground for 3years and didnt lose a territory.

The Ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu
it was Balogun Alanamu and his followers that the British fought for the Control of Ilorin

The British then reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of balogun Yoruba Inakoju alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum over Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

Sardauna Ahmadu Bello in his Biography described Ilorin as a 200 year old " Staggering Headache" for the Sokoto Caliphate to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto had to warn the Emir of Gwandu to hands off anything to do with Ilorin and keep a very low Profile because of the Constant War Yorubas fought over it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by RuggedBiafran: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
The traditional stool in the SE before colonialism was with an IGBO king. The colonialists have gone and it's still with an IGBO man, and he is loyal to the traditional template of IGBO ancestors.

You are pathetic and uselessly shameless,giving reasons why a Yoruba stool now belongs to a foreigner, who banished your own people from their own Land.

Yoruba man, have some dignity and shutup, so people might even think you are wise, than speaking up and exposing your general foolishness...

Very pathetic..spits

Christistruth03:

The Ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu
it was Balogun Alanamu and his followers that the British fought for the Control of Ilorin

The British then reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of balogun Yoruba Inakoju alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum over Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Sardauna Ahmadu Bello in his Biography described Ilorin as a 200 year old " Staggering Headache" for the Sokoto Caliphate to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto had to warn the Emir of Gwandu to hands off anything to do with Ilorin and keep a very low Profile because of the Constant War Yorubas fought over it

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Christistruth03: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
The traditional stool in the SE before colonialism was with an IGBO king. The colonialists have gone and it's still with an IGBO man, and he is loyal to the traditional template of IGBO ancestors.

You are pathetic and uselessly shameless,giving reasons why a Yoruba stool now belongs to a foreigner, who banished your own people from their own Land.

Yoruba man, have some dignity and shutup, so people might even think you are wise, than speaking up and exposing your general foolishness...

Very pathetic..spits

if you Truly had Royal kings worth their Salt you would not have been able to rain insults the way you are doing now

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by RuggedBiafran: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thiefnubuu insulted the Late OOni of Ife, severally, you have forgotten abi? grin

The Palace of the OBA of Lagos was desecrated and vandalized by same Yoruba Lagos Islanders. They even took his staff of office and placed it on JIJI for sale. grin

Currently, Oluowo of Owo, has come under attack from Yoruba people, who are even saying he shouldnt be respected again.

In IGBO land if you are a royal father and you decide to be foolish society will clear your doubt.

Sensible Yoruba understand that traditional rulers are custodians and not gods!! Its only degenerate political prostitues like you and your crew that bring disgrace to yoruba land , because of your penchant of lieing ceaselessly and pushing useless propaganda and falsehoods against political opposition or IGBOs that you fear!!..spits.

Fulani chased you out of ILORIN, let your traditional rulers reclaim their stool na? dem fit?...NEVER!..Spits

You are a bigot and thiefnubuu you adore is a bonafide idiat..spits angry

Christistruth03:

if you Truly had Royal kings worth their Salt you would not have been able to rain insults the way you are doing now

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Cromagnon: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
RuggedBiafran:

at least Ilorin ppl can vote and buy land. You nko

2 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by XAUBulls: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Christistruth03:

Sardauna Ahmadu Bello in his Biography described Ilorin as a 200 year old " Staggering Headache" for the Sokoto Caliphate to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto had to warn the Emir of Gwandu to hands off anything to do with Ilorin and keep a very low Profile because of the Constant War Yorubas fought over it.
Very true!

The British colonists were really daft in handling the issue of Ilorin only for them to later call for a referendum after realizing their very stupid mistake. This is why Sir. Allan Burns (The Acting Governor-General of Nigeria) clearly stated in his iconic book "The History of Nigeria" that Ilorin is a Yoruba town and was one of the 10 largest towns in Nigeria as of the 1920s when he published his book. 9 of the 10 largest towns were Yoruba towns with Kano being the only town in the top 10 largest towns.

The British colonists have left Nigeria since 1960, so this aberration in Ilorin has be be sorted out with the knowledge of the UN and then a strong advocacy from all Yoruba folks worldwide to have a full-blooded Yoruba leadership in Ilorin. Period.

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by Af0NjaAreLiars: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
You left all the part where Ademoyega said the coup was started because of the stupid riot in the west because of jealousy that Igbos wants to take over after NCNC swept many posts

They even started pouring people acid

Due to the too much protests in the west which is close to the capital in Ikeja the military boys had to put Issues into their hand

These hateful people turned it go igbo coup with Thier gutter press sponsored by thier action group party

No be today Una tribalism start

Shameless hateful clowns 🤡

That's how they lost illorin to Fulani

2 Likes

Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by T8ksy(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
Af0NjaAreLiars:

Due to the too much protests in the west which is close to the capital in Ikeja the military boys had to put Issues into their hand

first of all, the protest was as a result of the NPC ruling party in collaboration with Akintola's unpopular party to force the latter on the region.

Secondly, althoughIkeja was part of the western region at the time in question, it wasn't the capital of lagos or the western region.
Re: Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs by kettykings: 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
If this was the case how come Nigeria military fought for more than 30 months loosing more than 6 divisions and resorting to blockade and starvation

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is An Illegitimate President ECOWAS; African Leaders Blast ECOWAS Niger C / Obidients, why are you guys so bittered and frustrated in life? / Where Is Edo State Lg Council Election Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.