Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES (734 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates 40 Years As Redeemed Church General Overseer (Pix) / Spiritual Implications Of Masturbation: My 24 Years As An Addict / The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
While some new counries are springing up some old ones had been in existence to the tune of over 2000 years of age. The following are some of the countries as supported by Bible verses.

SAUDI ARABIA

Dedan in the Bible is part of modern Saudi Arabia. Dedan is mentioned in the Book of Ezekiel. Chapter 27 talks about trading of dedan with city of Tyre (today in modern Lebanon), where Dedan is noted as a nation or kingdom which traded in saddle blankets (Ezekiel 27:20).

In Ezekiel 38:13, Dedan is joined with Sheba and "Tarshish and all her strong lions": all these nations joining together to inquire of the advancing armies of Gog: "Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?"

Now known as Al-'Ula in northern Saudi Arabia, known to the ancient Greeks and Romans as Hijra, Hegra or Egra, the former is about the same distance, about 250 miles north from Medina as Medina is north of Mecca. The location where the extinct tribe of Thamud used to dwell.

Kedar mentioned in the Bible is also part of modern Saudi Arabia.It is in what is today northwest Saudi Arabia, and it is the general name of the area in which Selah (Petra) was located

1_Chronicles 1:29
These are their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth; then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,

Ezekiel 27:21
Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they were the merchants of your hand; in lambs, and rams, and goats, in these were they your merchants.

Genesis 25:13
These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to the order of their birth: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth, then Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,

Isaiah 21:16
For the Lord said to me, "Within a year, as a worker bound by contract would count it, all the glory of Kedar will fail,

Isaiah 21:17
and the residue of the number of the archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, will be few; for the LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken it."

Isaiah 42:11
Let the wilderness and its cities raise their voices, with the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing. Let them shout from the top of the mountains!

Isaiah 60:7
All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you; they shall come up with acceptance on my altar; and I will glorify the house of my glory.

Jeremiah 2:10
For pass over to the islands of Kittim, and see; and send to Kedar, and consider diligently; and see if there has been such a thing.

Jeremiah 49:28
Of Kedar, and of the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon struck. Thus says the LORD: Arise, go up to Kedar, and destroy the children of the east.

Psalms 120:5
Woe is me, that I live in Meshech, that I dwell among the tents of Kedar!

Song_of_Solomon 1:5
I am dark, but lovely, you daughters of Jerusalem, like Kedar's tents, like Solomon's curtains.

SYRIA

Syrians can trace their Biblical heritage back to a man named Aram. He was a descendant of Shem, Noah's son. Also known as Arameans, the plight of the Syrian people can be read about throughout both the Old and New Testaments. Syria is one of the oldest Biblical lands that still exists today.

In the book of Genesis, we first hear mention of the people who would become Syrians. Their lineage is recorded here:

"The sons of Shem: Elam, Ashur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram. The sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshek." (Genesis 10:22-23)

It is also found in 1 Chronicles 1:17.

The people of Syria settled between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, also known as Mesopotamia. (Genesis 24:10, 25:20) This included a land called Paddan Aram. (Genesis 28:5) Paddan Aram may sound familiar, as this is the homeland of Rebekah, the wife of Issac, Laban, her brother and his daughters Rachel, and Leah, the wives of Jacob.

Other key Biblical figures of Aramean descent include Boaz, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, Josiah, and Joseph, the adoptive father of Jesus.

The land that became Syria, Aram settled northeast of Palestine, stretching from the Jordan River to the Euphrates, and to Lake Gennesaret. Along with "Syria," it was also called "Aram" and "Mesopotamia." The name Aram in Hebrew signifies the high elevation found in this mountainous land.

In the later history, we meet with a number of small nations or kingdoms forming parts of the general land of Aram; but as Damascus increased in importance it gradually absorbed the smaller powers, (1 Kings 20:1) and the name of Aram was at last applied to it alone. (Isaiah 7:8 ) also 1 Kings 11:24-25; 1 Kings 15:18 etc."

Samuel-2 8:5
And when the Syrians of Damascus came to succour Hadadezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men.

Samuel-2 8:6
Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, [and] brought gifts. And the LORD preserved David whithersoever he went.

Samuel-2 8:13
And David gat [him] a name when he returned from smiting of the Syrians in the valley of salt, [being] eighteen thousand [men].

Samuel-2 10:6
And when the children of Ammon saw that they stank before David, the children of Ammon sent and hired the Syrians of Bethrehob, and the Syrians of Zoba, twenty thousand footmen, and of king Maacah a thousand men, and of Ishtob twelve thousand men.

Samuel-2 10:8
And the children of Ammon came out, and put the battle in array at the entering in of the gate: and the Syrians of Zoba, and of Rehob, and Ishtob, and Maacah, [were] by themselves in the field.

Samuel-2 10:9
When Joab saw that the front of the battle was against him before and behind, he chose of all the choice [men] of Israel, and put [them] in array against the Syrians:

Samuel-2 10:11
And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will come and help thee.

Samuel-2 10:13
And Joab drew nigh, and the people that [were] with him, unto the battle against the Syrians: and they fled before him.

ITALY

Hebrews 13:25
Grace be with you all. Amen. (Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.)

Acts 27:6
And there the centurion found a ship of Alexandria sailing into Italy; and he put us therein.

Acts 27:1
And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered Paul and certain other prisoners unto one named Julius, a centurion of Augustus' band.

Acts 18:2
And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Romesmiley and came unto them.

Hebrews 13:24
Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

ISRAEL

The earliest recorded evidence of a people by the name of Israel (as ysrỉꜣr) occurs in the Egyptian Merneptah Stele, erected for Pharaoh Merneptah (son of Ramesses II) c. 1209 BCE, which states "Israel is laid waste and his seed is not.

In the 10th century BCE, the Israelite kingdoms of Judah and Israel emerged. The Hebrew Bible states that these were preceded by a single kingdom ruled by Saul, David and Solomon, who is said to have built the First Temple.

Jeremiah 33:7
Verse Concepts
I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel and will rebuild them as they were at first.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Verse Concepts
“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

Isaiah 14:1
Verse Concepts
When the Lord will have compassion on Jacob and again choose Israel, and settle them in their own land, then strangers will join them and attach themselves to the house of Jacob.

Psalm 147:2
Verse Concepts
The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.

Psalm 103:7
Verse Concepts
He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the sons of Israel.

Hosea 12:13
Verse Concepts
But by a prophet the Lord brought Israel from Egypt,
And by a prophet he was kept.

Hosea 11:1
Verse Concepts
When Israel was a youth I loved him,
And out of Egypt I called My son.

2 Chronicles 6:6
Verse Concepts
but I have chosen Jerusalem that My name might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.’

Deuteronomy 9:1
Verse Concepts
“Hear, O Israel! You are crossing over the Jordan today to go in to dispossess nations greater and mightier than you, great cities fortified to heaven,

Romans 11:1
Verse Concepts
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Romans 9:6
Verse Concepts
But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

GREECE

Also serving as the Hebrew name for Greece or Greeks.Greece orginally consisted of the four provinces of Macedonia, Epirus, Achaia, and Peleponnesus.

In Acts 20:2 it designates only the Roman province of Macedonia. Greece was conquered by the Romans in 146 B.C. After passing through various changes, it was erected into an independent monarchy in 1831.

Moses makes mention of Greece under the name of Javan (Genesis 10:2-5); and this name does not again occur in the Old Testament till the time of Joel (3:6).

Prophetic notice is taken of Greece in Daniel 8:21.

Ancient cities of Greece mentioned in Scripture include these…
Athens
Achaia
Cenchrea
Corinth

Acts 20:2
And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece,

Zechariah 9:13
When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man.

SPAIN

Although the Greek word for Spain is Spania, the Romans referred to it as Hispania. The area is located in the southwest corner of Europe also known as the Iberian Peninsula.

Spain is mentioned twice in the New Testament, both in relation to the Apostle Paul's fervent desire to preach the gospel in the country. Evidence suggests, though it is not conclusive, that he was able to visit this Roman territory in what became his fifth and last missionary journey.

It is unknown where Paul landed in Spain or how long he stayed. The apostle possibly sailed to Tarraco, the capital of the Tarraconensis region. A Mediterranean coastal city, it was the oldest Roman settlement on the Peninsula.

SUDAN
Isaiah 18:2

How horrible it will be for the land of whirring wings
which lies beyond the rivers of Sudan.

IRAN

Present Iran was known as the Persia in the Bible.
The book of Esther tells of the young Jewish girl who married the Persian King Artexerses and saved her people from a plot by Haman to slay all the Jews. The Jewish “Feast of Purim” is a remembrance of this event. Esther, whose name in
Persian means “Little Star,” is buried in the Kurdish area of Hamadan in Iran.

Daniel 11:2-14
“And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece. Then a mighty king shall arise, who shall rule with great dominion and do as he wills. And as soon as he has arisen, his kingdom shall be broken and divided toward the four winds of heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to the authority with which he ruled, for his kingdom shall be plucked up and go to others besides these. “Then the king of the south shall be strong, but one of his princes shall be stronger than he and shall rule, and his authority shall be a great authority. After some years they shall make an alliance, and the daughter of the king of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement. But she shall not retain the strength of her arm, and he and his arm shall not endure, but she shall be given up, and her attendants, he who fathered her, and he who supported her in those times. ...

Ezekiel 27:10
“Persia and Lud and Put were in your army as your men of war. They hung the shield and helmet in you; they gave you splendor.

IRAQ

In Biblical history, Iraq is also known as Shinar, Sumer, Sumeria, Assyria, Elam, Babylonia, Chaldea, and was also part of the Medo-Persian Empire. The book of Ezekiel was written while Ezekiel was in Babylonian captivity. He is buried in Kifi, Iraq, where his tomb is guarded by Shi’ite Muslims. Until the mid- 1940’s, his tomb was a popular pilgrimage destination, attracting Jews from as far away as Calcutta. The books of Jeremiah, Ezra, Nahum, Amos, Nehemiah, Daniel, and Hezekiah all have stories of the Jews during the Babylonian and Medo-Persian Empires.

PHILISTINE

The Philistines populated the coastal regions of Canaan from the 12th century BCE to their disappearance in 604 BCE. The word "Philistine" derives from the Hebrew ha-Plištim for the combination of several tribes of Syria and Judea with the older name "Syria-Palestina". The Latin word for the lands of Canaan became "Palestine" after the Bar-Kochba Revolt (132-136 CE) during the reign of the Roman emperor Hadrian (r. 117-138 CE). The term "Philistine" has come to mean someone uneducated and lacking in culture from the stories concerning them in the Jewish Scriptures.

The Philistines are best known from the Bible as the Israelites’ enemies, but they were much more than that. Recent archaeological discoveries help inform our understanding of their culture, economy, and even origins. In the Spring 2022 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Daniel M. Master of Wheaton College looks at the biblical and archaeological evidence for the Philistines’ roots in “Piece by Piece: Exploring the Origins of the Philistines.”

Who Were the Philistines?
In the Bible, the Philistines are remembered as an uncircumcised people with advanced technology and a formidable military (Judges 14:3; 1 Samuel 13:19–20; Exodus 13:17). The Philistines frequently encroached on Israelite territory, which led to some battles, including the famous clash between David, the Israelite, and Goliath, the Philistine (1 Samuel 17). They were condemned for being idol worshipers (1 Samuel 5:1–5) and soothsayers (Isaiah 2:6). In short, the Philistines are portrayed quite negatively in the Bible.

Judges 14:3
3 Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well.

NO HUMAN LIVES PERMANENTLY IN THIS WORLD, SOME HAD LIVED BEFORE YOU AND SOME WILL LIVE AFTER YOU ARE GONE

THEREFORE, IN ALL YOU DO LIVE WELL!!
JESUS CARES ABOUT YOU.....

YOU CAN AS WELL ADD YOURS!!!!!!!
!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by TemplarLandry: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
cool
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by samwash(m): 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
@Op, you did not mention Egypt.

1 Like

Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by FxMasterz: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
samwash:
@Op, you did not mention Egypt.

He didn't mention many nations but actually Egypt deserves a very worthy mention.
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Happy Sunday,..
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
Happy Sunday
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Tyktoker: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
Even India and Ethiopia Esther 1:1
Corrections:
While some new counries are springing up some old ones had been in existence to the tune of over 2000 years of age. The following are some of the countries as supported by Bible verses.

SAUDI ARABIA

Dedan in the Bible is part of modern Saudi Arabia. Dedan is mentioned in the Book of Ezekiel. Chapter 27 talks about trading of dedan with city of Tyre (today in modern Lebanon), where Dedan is noted as a nation or kingdom which traded in saddle blankets (Ezekiel 27:20).

In Ezekiel 38:13, Dedan is joined with Sheba and "Tarshish and all her strong lions": all these nations joining together to inquire of the advancing armies of Gog: "Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?"

Now known as Al-'Ula in northern Saudi Arabia, known to the ancient Greeks and Romans as Hijra, Hegra or Egra, the former is about the same distance, about 250 miles north from Medina as Medina is north of Mecca. The location where the extinct tribe of Thamud used to dwell.

Kedar mentioned in the Bible is also part of modern Saudi Arabia.It is in what is today northwest Saudi Arabia, and it is the general name of the area in which Selah (Petra) was located

1_Chronicles 1:29
These are their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth; then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,

Ezekiel 27:21
Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they were the merchants of your hand; in lambs, and rams, and goats, in these were they your merchants.

Genesis 25:13
These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to the order of their birth: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth, then Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,

Isaiah 21:16
For the Lord said to me, "Within a year, as a worker bound by contract would count it, all the glory of Kedar will fail,

Isaiah 21:17
and the residue of the number of the archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, will be few; for the LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken it."

Isaiah 42:11
Let the wilderness and its cities raise their voices, with the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing. Let them shout from the top of the mountains!

Isaiah 60:7
All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you; they shall come up with acceptance on my altar; and I will glorify the house of my glory.

Jeremiah 2:10
For pass over to the islands of Kittim, and see; and send to Kedar, and consider diligently; and see if there has been such a thing.

Jeremiah 49:28
Of Kedar, and of the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon struck. Thus says the LORD: Arise, go up to Kedar, and destroy the children of the east.

Psalms 120:5
Woe is me, that I live in Meshech, that I dwell among the tents of Kedar!

Song_of_Solomon 1:5
I am dark, but lovely, you daughters of Jerusalem, like Kedar's tents, like Solomon's curtains.

SYRIA

Syrians can trace their Biblical heritage back to a man named Aram. He was a descendant of Shem, Noah's son. Also known as Arameans, the plight of the Syrian people can be read about throughout both the Old and New Testaments. Syria is one of the oldest Biblical lands that still exists today.

In the book of Genesis, we first hear mention of the people who would become Syrians. Their lineage is recorded here:

"The sons of Shem: Elam, Ashur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram. The sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshek." (Genesis 10:22-23)

It is also found in 1 Chronicles 1:17.

The people of Syria settled between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, also known as Mesopotamia. (Genesis 24:10, 25:20) This included a land called Paddan Aram. (Genesis 28:5) Paddan Aram may sound familiar, as this is the homeland of Rebekah, the wife of Issac, Laban, her brother and his daughters Rachel, and Leah, the wives of Jacob.

Other key Biblical figures of Aramean descent include Boaz, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, Josiah, and Joseph, the adoptive father of Jesus.

The land that became Syria, Aram settled northeast of Palestine, stretching from the Jordan River to the Euphrates, and to Lake Gennesaret. Along with "Syria," it was also called "Aram" and "Mesopotamia." The name Aram in Hebrew signifies the high elevation found in this mountainous land.

In the later history, we meet with a number of small nations or kingdoms forming parts of the general land of Aram; but as Damascus increased in importance it gradually absorbed the smaller powers, (1 Kings 20:1) and the name of Aram was at last applied to it alone. (Isaiah 7:8 ) also 1 Kings 11:24-25; 1 Kings 15:18 etc."

Samuel-2 8:5
And when the Syrians of Damascus came to succour Hadadezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men.

Samuel-2 8:6
Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, [and] brought gifts. And the LORD preserved David whithersoever he went.

Samuel-2 8:13
And David gat [him] a name when he returned from smiting of the Syrians in the valley of salt, [being] eighteen thousand [men].

Samuel-2 10:6
And when the children of Ammon saw that they stank before David, the children of Ammon sent and hired the Syrians of Bethrehob, and the Syrians of Zoba, twenty thousand footmen, and of king Maacah a thousand men, and of Ishtob twelve thousand men.

Samuel-2 10:8
And the children of Ammon came out, and put the battle in array at the entering in of the gate: and the Syrians of Zoba, and of Rehob, and Ishtob, and Maacah, [were] by themselves in the field.

Samuel-2 10:9
When Joab saw that the front of the battle was against him before and behind, he chose of all the choice [men] of Israel, and put [them] in array against the Syrians:

Samuel-2 10:11
And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will come and help thee.

Samuel-2 10:13
And Joab drew nigh, and the people that [were] with him, unto the battle against the Syrians: and they fled before him.

ITALY

Hebrews 13:25
Grace be with you all. Amen. (Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.)

Acts 27:6
And there the centurion found a ship of Alexandria sailing into Italy; and he put us therein.

Acts 27:1
And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered Paul and certain other prisoners unto one named Julius, a centurion of Augustus' band.

Acts 18:2
And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Romesmiley and came unto them.

Hebrews 13:24
Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

ISRAEL

The earliest recorded evidence of a people by the name of Israel (as ysrỉꜣr) occurs in the Egyptian Merneptah Stele, erected for Pharaoh Merneptah (son of Ramesses II) c. 1209 BCE, which states "Israel is laid waste and his seed is not.

In the 10th century BCE, the Israelite kingdoms of Judah and Israel emerged. The Hebrew Bible states that these were preceded by a single kingdom ruled by Saul, David and Solomon, who is said to have built the First Temple.

Jeremiah 33:7
Verse Concepts
I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel and will rebuild them as they were at first.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Verse Concepts
“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

Isaiah 14:1
Verse Concepts
When the Lord will have compassion on Jacob and again choose Israel, and settle them in their own land, then strangers will join them and attach themselves to the house of Jacob.

Psalm 147:2
Verse Concepts
The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.

Psalm 103:7
Verse Concepts
He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the sons of Israel.

Hosea 12:13
Verse Concepts
But by a prophet the Lord brought Israel from Egypt,
And by a prophet he was kept.

Hosea 11:1
Verse Concepts
When Israel was a youth I loved him,
And out of Egypt I called My son.

2 Chronicles 6:6
Verse Concepts
but I have chosen Jerusalem that My name might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.’

Deuteronomy 9:1
Verse Concepts
“Hear, O Israel! You are crossing over the Jordan today to go in to dispossess nations greater and mightier than you, great cities fortified to heaven,

Romans 11:1
Verse Concepts
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Romans 9:6
Verse Concepts
But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

GREECE

Also serving as the Hebrew name for Greece or Greeks.Greece orginally consisted of the four provinces of Macedonia, Epirus, Achaia, and Peleponnesus.

In Acts 20:2 it designates only the Roman province of Macedonia. Greece was conquered by the Romans in 146 B.C. After passing through various changes, it was erected into an independent monarchy in 1831.

Moses makes mention of Greece under the name of Javan (Genesis 10:2-5); and this name does not again occur in the Old Testament till the time of Joel (3:6).

Prophetic notice is taken of Greece in Daniel 8:21.

Ancient cities of Greece mentioned in Scripture include these…
Athens
Achaia
Cenchrea
Corinth

Acts 20:2
And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece,

Zechariah 9:13
When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man.

SPAIN

Although the Greek word for Spain is Spania, the Romans referred to it as Hispania. The area is located in the southwest corner of Europe also known as the Iberian Peninsula.

Spain is mentioned twice in the New Testament, both in relation to the Apostle Paul's fervent desire to preach the gospel in the country. Evidence suggests, though it is not conclusive, that he was able to visit this Roman territory in what became his fifth and last missionary journey.

It is unknown where Paul landed in Spain or how long he stayed. The apostle possibly sailed to Tarraco, the capital of the Tarraconensis region. A Mediterranean coastal city, it was the oldest Roman settlement on the Peninsula.

SUDAN
Isaiah 18:2

How horrible it will be for the land of whirring wings
which lies beyond the rivers of Sudan.

IRAN

Present Iran was known as the Persia in the Bible.
The book of Esther tells of the young Jewish girl who married the Persian King Artexerses and saved her people from a plot by Haman to slay all the Jews. The Jewish “Feast of Purim” is a remembrance of this event. Esther, whose name in
Persian means “Little Star,” is buried in the Kurdish area of Hamadan in Iran.

Daniel 11:2-14
“And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece. Then a mighty king shall arise, who shall rule with great dominion and do as he wills. And as soon as he has arisen, his kingdom shall be broken and divided toward the four winds of heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to the authority with which he ruled, for his kingdom shall be plucked up and go to others besides these. “Then the king of the south shall be strong, but one of his princes shall be stronger than he and shall rule, and his authority shall be a great authority. After some years they shall make an alliance, and the daughter of the king of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement. But she shall not retain the strength of her arm, and he and his arm shall not endure, but she shall be given up, and her attendants, he who fathered her, and he who supported her in those times. ...

Ezekiel 27:10
“Persia and Lud and Put were in your army as your men of war. They hung the shield and helmet in you; they gave you splendor.

IRAQ

In Biblical history, Iraq is also known as Shinar, Sumer, Sumeria, Assyria, Elam, Babylonia, Chaldea, and was also part of the Medo-Persian Empire. The book of Ezekiel was written while Ezekiel was in Babylonian captivity. He is buried in Kifi, Iraq, where his tomb is guarded by Shi’ite Muslims. Until the mid- 1940’s, his tomb was a popular pilgrimage destination, attracting Jews from as far away as Calcutta. The books of Jeremiah, Ezra, Nahum, Amos, Nehemiah, Daniel, and Hezekiah all have stories of the Jews during the Babylonian and Medo-Persian Empires.

PHILISTINE

The Philistines populated the coastal regions of Canaan from the 12th century BCE to their disappearance in 604 BCE. The word "Philistine" derives from the Hebrew ha-Plištim for the combination of several tribes of Syria and Judea with the older name "Syria-Palestina". The Latin word for the lands of Canaan became "Palestine" after the Bar-Kochba Revolt (132-136 CE) during the reign of the Roman emperor Hadrian (r. 117-138 CE). The term "Philistine" has come to mean someone uneducated and lacking in culture from the stories concerning them in the Jewish Scriptures.

The Philistines are best known from the Bible as the Israelites’ enemies, but they were much more than that. Recent archaeological discoveries help inform our understanding of their culture, economy, and even origins. In the Spring 2022 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Daniel M. Master of Wheaton College looks at the biblical and archaeological evidence for the Philistines’ roots in “Piece by Piece: Exploring the Origins of the Philistines.”

Who Were the Philistines?
In the Bible, the Philistines are remembered as an uncircumcised people with advanced technology and a formidable military (Judges 14:3; 1 Samuel 13:19–20; Exodus 13:17). The Philistines frequently encroached on Israelite territory, which led to some battles, including the famous clash between David, the Israelite, and Goliath, the Philistine (1 Samuel 17). They were condemned for being idol worshipers (1 Samuel 5:1–5) and soothsayers (Isaiah 2:6). In short, the Philistines are portrayed quite negatively in the Bible.

Judges 14:3
3 Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well.

NO HUMAN LIVES PERMANENTLY IN THIS WORLD, SOME HAD LIVED BEFORE YOU AND SOME WILL LIVE AFTER YOU ARE GONE

THEREFORE, IN ALL YOU DO LIVE WELL!!
JESUS CARES ABOUT YOU.....

YOU CAN AS WELL ADD YOURS!!!!!!!
!
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2023
Gm
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2023
good morning
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
Happy week.
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
happy weekend
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2023
Corrections:
good morning

Gm
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2023
Happy day
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Texcyndy: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Russia
Gog and Magog
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2023
gmm..
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 5:16am On Aug 13, 2023
Happy weekend..
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2023
Gmm...
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by OkCornel(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
China (known as Sinim) in Isaiah 49 v 12
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Happy Sunday!!!
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 5:52am On Sep 10, 2023
......happy Sunday.........
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2023
....happy weekend.
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2023
....happy Sunday.....
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2023
Good weekend!!!
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Bubu4Sea: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2023
You know what makes me laugh

The quoran states that Israel belongs to the Jews.

yet moslesms fight for it!
Surah 5
(20)And (remember) when Moses said unto his people: O my people! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how He placed among you prophets, and He made you kings, and gave you that (which) He gave not to any (other) of (His) creatures.
(21) O my people! Go into the holy land which Allah hath ordained for you. Turn not in flight, for surely ye turn back as losers:
(22) They said: O Moses! Lo! a giant people (dwell) therein and lo! we go not in till they go forth from thence. When they go forth from thence, then we will enter (not till then).

This shows that the hatred people have for Israel is Satanic.

We all know that the bible backs Israel.
The God of the Bible will always back Israel over the religion of peace.

Exo 14:14 KJV
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2023
......Good day....
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 5:27am On Oct 15, 2023
Happy Sunday ¡!
Re: COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES by Corrections: 6:01am On Nov 11, 2023
Happy weekend!!

(1) (Reply)

Today Is Good Friday / Men Of God / This Is The Next Level!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.