Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Odemwingie Denies Blaming Prophet For Eagles’ Woes! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Denies Blaming Prophet For Eagles’ Woes! (586 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie Denies Blaming Prophet For Eagles’ Woes! by loabb(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
Super Eagles’ striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie has denied comments credited to him in some media reports which quoted him as saying the Eagles failed to qualify for the 2012 Nations Cup due to a prophet’s prediction. According to the reports, Osaze told reporters at the Transcorp Hilton that “yes, I would say I am sorry to Nigerians for not playing according to expectation and I believe I did not play well in the match. But the prediction of Prophet TB Joshua really affected us.
We thought we could see him and see how he could overturn the negative prediction but the officials came with another prophet who prayed for us and told us that all was well.
But in all we did not do our own bit of the job well as players and we are not happy that we won’t play at the forthcoming Nations Cup.”
Osaze made the denial via the social network, Twitter where he wrote “I was quoted in Tribune Newspaper, if even one of the word was from me, make thunder fire me and if not thunder fire their editor.”
He also wrote “Luke 6: 26. No man is an island. One tree doesn’t make a forest so make una free me like my brother Terry G.”
Responding to a question on why he blamed the prophet for the Eagles’ performance, Osaze wrote “how can I blame TB Joshua? Probably his people making a PR for him using my name. I don’t say he is not real though. I don’t know.”

The bible verse quoted by the footballer reads “woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way”.

(1) (Reply)

Obasi Wants To Quit Hoffenheim / New Hotel Job Offer In A 5-star Hotel, London. / Egypt Misses Nations Cup Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.