Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS (6053 Views)

See List Of Top 15 Universities In Nigeria According To 2024 Times World Ranking / Twelve Most Peaceful And Friendly States In Nigeria According To Political Zones / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Here is Nigeria Bureau of Statistics latest poverty data for each zone.

South East: 49.5%

South West: 50.1%

South South: 75.6%

North East: 78.8%

North West: 92.8%

North Central: 96.2%

Percentage of poor people in Nigeria: 73.8%

Only South East and South West see below the national average.

Share your thoughts nicely

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Unittyy: 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Macphenson: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
kk
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamANigerianMan: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
99% of Nigerians are poor but wait oo, North Central has 21M people, 20.2m of them are poor

19 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Landlord97: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nigerians are largely poor, if being checked Side by sides according to a worldwide accepted forms for being Rich

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by madridguy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
The Statistics was rigged in favour of both the SW and the SE.

Our politicians don kill this country.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by tartar9(m): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
Last I checked,both NBA and other statistical agencies listed the South East as the poorest in Southern Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by greenermodels: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
Clearly shows that having the President from your region doesn't automatically translate to improved economic welfare for you as an individual but as usuals Nigerians would prefer voting along lines of tribe and religion instead of competence or equity, what an unjust nation stewing in it's own mess.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by teeytimi: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
This data is false, out right lie. North central is far below this in number of poor people

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Curse777: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
cool

The metrics used are mostly not reliable

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by BoldBrainz(m): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
Another thread meant to be a battle ground for the Yorubas and Igbos..

Almost everyone in the North Central is poor, according to this chart.

Meanwhile, the bulk of the poor people in the South South are found in Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa. Ironically, both states are amongst the top 6 largest oil producing states in the country.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
tartar9:
Last I checked,both NBA and other statistical agencies listed the South East as the poorest in Southern Nigeria.
Keep deceiving yourself

😂😂😂😂

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by ruffhandu: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
So the so-called South South are a bunch of poor people? In fact, I don't believe this report.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Ikaeniyan0: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

The figures for the North Central, North West and North East, has shown the article is not valid

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Twistaray(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
No even a source? undecided undecided

Cheii, anything goes on NL.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
ruffhandu:
So the so-called South South are a bunch of poor people? In fact, I don't believe this report.
Have you been to South South before?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
Twistaray:
No even a source? undecided undecided

Cheii, anything goes on NL.
The source is there

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The figures for the North Central, North West and North East, has shown the article is not valid
They shod be higher or lower?
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Twistaray(m): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

The source is there

No, it's not.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by olawalepopoola: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
What are the indices used to attain figures?
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
Curse777:
cool

The metrics used are mostly not reliable

So NBS are incompetent?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by FreeStuffsNG: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
It's the reality of how the sampling size used in the majority tribes like Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani that I find concerning.

The population of the South East is the least so the sampling in relation to SW and NW may not be fair. If you sample 10 people out of 20 and take same size of 10 people among 50 people, the probability is higher in the population that is lower but I know you can then use statistical tools to test and analyse the variations which I am aware is still based on statistical assumptions.

It is either the NW and SW group data are faulty or that of the SE is faulty because both groups are at the opposite poles with SE being the least populated zone while NW/SW are the most populated geopolitical zones. I will not even bother go to the apparent asymmetry in having the SE's data in this report with the reality in SE at a time Igboland is having long days of political sit at home days and massive emigration of SEterners to other zones further increasing the chances of reduced population of SE. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Curse777: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

So NBS are incompetent?

Not competence... Their Data doesn't give full reality, it's just like a vague data

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by fx45(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's sampling size used in the majority tribes like Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani I find concerning.

The population of the South East is the least so the sampling in relation to SW and NW may not be fair. If you sample 10 people out of 20 and take same size among 50 people, the probability is higher in the lower but I know you can then use statistical tools to test and analyse the variations that is still based on statistical assumptions.

The data from either the NW and SW are faulty or that of the SE is faulty because both groups are at the poles with SE being the least populated zone while NW/SW are the most populated geopolitical zones.
Majority tribe like Fulani? Are you kidding me?

By the way, you need to wean yourself off South East obsession. Make you no go die on top nothing. Igbos are not your mate

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by SmartPolician: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
We need proper census to know the situation of things in Nigeria.

The only data I take seriously in this country now are IGR, petroleum products consumption and crimes. Those figures are accurately recorded.

On the flip side, unemployment, GDP per state, and poverty figures can be doctored or calculated based off of estimates.

We cannot keep running a country on hypocrisy. It will take us nowhere.
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Ogene001: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's sampling size used in the majority tribes like Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani I find concerning.

The population of the South East is the least so the sampling in relation to SW and NW may not be fair. If you sample 10 people out of 20 and take same size among 50 people, the probability is higher in the lower but I know you can then use statistical tools to test and analyse the variations that is still based on statistical assumptions.

The data from either the NW and SW are faulty or that of the SE is faulty because both groups are at the poles with SE being the least populated zone while NW/SW are the most populated geopolitical zones.
Rubbish. We told you that poverty rate is measured in percentage you were busy deceiving yourself with number of poor people per square mile, a very useless data

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by ecolime(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Fake stats

How did they arrive at these figures?

Nigeria wey no get database dey dish out figures. All NBS staff should be sacked. They are collecting fat salaries for doing nothing.

North Central has Abuja, Kwara, Benue, Kogi and Nassarawa. You think if 96.2% of the Population there are in poverty, the region won't be in turmoil? Even Sudan and Somalia no get these terrible stats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
olawalepopoola:
What are the indices used to attain figures?
Ask Nigeria Bureau of Statistics. I only posted their data

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by gidgiddy: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Source?
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by OVB123: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
madridguy:
The Statistics was rigged in favour of both the SW and the SE.

Our politicians don kill this country.
Na everything nai dem dey ring for naija? Mtcheeew!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by IamAtikulate: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The outcome from either the NW and SW group are faulty or that of the SE is faulty because both groups are at the opposite poles with SE being the least populated zone while NW/SW are the most populated geopolitical zones. I will not even go to the asymmetry in having the SE's data in this report at a time it's having long days of sit at home and massive emigration to other zones further increasing the chances of reduced population of SE.
You go explain tire because no evidence.

Do you even know how sampling works? Who told you they measure poverty rate by landmass?

Go back to school please

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria According To Zones - NBS by Puss360(f): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lol.. rubbish statistics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Labour Rally: Mark, Bankole Flee National Assembly / IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. / Mugabe Responds On Quotes Attributed To Him On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.