Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

A Pleasing Sacrifice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pleasing Sacrifice (706 Views)

Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pleasing Sacrifice by DavSagacity(m): 6:08am On Jul 30, 2023
A PLEASING SACRIFICE

A sacrifice is to make an offering , to Consecrate or present to a divinity by a way of atoning for sin or wrongdoing or as a token for acknowledgement and Thanksgiving.
Sacrifice also means to give up one thing for something else considered more important.

In the old testament, Sacrifices of animals were offered to cover the sins of individual or of a Nation. Such sins were not erased . But were only covered. And thus the sins can be revisited upon the offenders according to Exodus 32 : 34. The blood of animals could not obtain redemption. For since it was impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, thus a permanent sacrifice for sin is needed to deal permanently with our sin problem. The Levitical sacrifices could not deal permanently with our sins; however the once for all perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross dealt with our sins permanently. There will never be a need for another sacrifice for sin. And by His death, Jesus removed the sins of the world.

Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, satisfying the wrath of God that we might be saved.
When Christ offered the perfect sacrifice for sin, the inadequate sacrifices of bulls and cattles were terminated at the Temple. Christ dealt with our sins once for all, never to be repeated. There was no need for another sacrifice. Jesus paid it all. He fulfilled the requirement of the law that declared, "The wages of sin is death." Epesians 5 : 2 says " And walk in love , as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour" . Christ offered himself unto God ( for us ) as a sacrifice for a sweet smelling savour. He lived in complete reference unto God, in absolute submission and dependency on God in his earthly ministry. His life was pleasing to the father and God himself testify of him at River Jordan that "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. So it was not automatic for Jesus that God so highly exalted him and gave him a name above all names. He paid the price - a life presented unto God for a sweet smelling savour.

Romans 12 : 1 says " I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service ".
Apostle Paul urges us to recognize that God has shown us enormous mercy. And He has also given us life and purpose in Christ. He has forgiven our sins and shared with us the riches of His glory. We deserved none of that. How should we then respond ?. The Jewish people offered slaughtered animals as sacrifices to God. Howbeit, Christian should instead offer ourselves, our bodies, to Him as living sacrifices. In other words, the only rational response to God's mercy in giving us eternal life is to give Him our lives as a sacrifice for a sweet smelling savour.

Finally , a pleasing sacrifice unto the Lord is a life that is perpetually on the altar and hath been found worthy and qualified for God's fire to Consume. It is an offer of the dew of your life; the freshness and the best of your life ( Psalm 110 : 3 ) Such that each day God looks at you, he can perceive sweet smelling savour oozing out from your Life.
SHALOM.!

Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by helinues: 6:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Would rather use my money to drink than giving any pastor

1 Like

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by vdestro: 6:42am On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

He did not ask you to give pastor anything.

There ought to be a name for this disease. Pastorphobia or something.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by helinues: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2023
vdestro:

He did not ask you to give pastor anything.

Better, cos the pastors don't deserve anything.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by vdestro: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

Better, cos the pastors don't deserve anything.

grin
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 6:48am On Jul 30, 2023
A man offering his son as sacrifice to himself.

And they claim the story makes sense.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 6:50am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

The book says nothing of a man offering his son as sacrifice to himself though. So your particular problem na ignorance. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

Ezekiel 22:30
'I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall
and stand in the gap before Me for [the sake of] the land, that I would not destroy it,
but I found no one [not even one].
'

Philippians 2:5-9
5Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus
[look to Him as your example in selfless humility],
6who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God
[as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes--the entire nature of deity],
did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted
[as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
7but emptied Himself
[without renouncing or diminishing His deity,
but only temporarily giving up the outward expression of divine equality and His rightful dignity]
by assuming the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men
[He became completely human but was without sin, being fully God and fully man].
8After He was found in [terms of His] outward appearance as a man [for a divinely-appointed time],
He humbled Himself [still further] by becoming obedient [to the Father] to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9For this reason also [because He obeyed and so completely humbled Himself],
God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW [in submission], of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and that every tongue will confess and openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord (sovereign God), to the glory of God the Father.

If you want something done well,
do it yourself

- Emperor Napoléon Bonaparte

One man' s act of obedience had cancelled out, another man's act of disobedience (i.e. Romans 5:19)

Yes, God, Himself, with Philippians 2:5-9, did a DIY act (i.e. did, a Do-It-Yourself)

Yes, God the Father, offered Jesus Christ, His Son, (i.e. God Incarnate) to Himself, so to share with mankind, the gift of reconciliation, the gift of Salvation, the gift of Redemption and atonement of sin through the shedding of the precious blood of Jesus Christ

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 7:04am On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
Ezekiel 22:30
'I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall
and stand in the gap before Me for [the sake of] the land, that I would not destroy it,
but I found no one [not even one].
'

Philippians 2:5-9
5Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus
[look to Him as your example in selfless humility],
6who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God
[as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes--the entire nature of deity],
did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted
[as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
7but emptied Himself
[without renouncing or diminishing His deity,
but only temporarily giving up the outward expression of divine equality and His rightful dignity]
by assuming the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men
[He became completely human but was without sin, being fully God and fully man].
8After He was found in [terms of His] outward appearance as a man [for a divinely-appointed time],
He humbled Himself [still further] by becoming obedient [to the Father] to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9For this reason also [because He obeyed and so completely humbled Himself],
God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW [in submission], of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and that every tongue will confess and openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord (sovereign God), to the glory of God the Father.

If you want something done well,
do it yourself

- Emperor Napoléon Bonaparte

One man' s act of obedience had cancelled out, another man's act of disobedience (i.e. Romans 5:19)

Yes, God, Himself, with Philippians 2:5-9, did a DIY act (i.e. did, a Do-It-Yourself)

Yes, God the Father, offered Jesus Christ, His Son, God Incarnate to Himself so to share with mankind, the gift of reconciliation, the gift of Salvation, the gift of Redemption and atonement of sin

I did not bother reading this.
And I am sure it does not make sense.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 7:07am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
I did not bother reading this.
And I am sure it does not make sense.
It would not make sense due you, having bibliophobia

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by vdestro: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

You are the one who is crazy for the story did not say so.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 7:12am On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The book says nothing of a man offering his son as sacrifice to himself though. So your particular problem na ignorance. undecided

Without the stress of quoting an unreasonable book, let me summarize.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was god and the word was god.
The word was made flesh and this flesh was constantly referred to as the son of man whose name was Jesus.
This man called Jesus said that himself and his father (otherwise god) are one and it was reported during his birth that god is with man.
Therefore this man called Jesus was god.

Now god sent his only begotten son (god) to sacrifice himself to god for the sins of human beings.

If this makes sense to you, then you are stúpîd.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2023
vdestro:

I just solved your ignorance in the post directly below you.
Read up and don't be stúpîd.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
The word was made flesh and this flesh was constantly referred to as the son of man whose name was Jesus.
This man called Jesus said that himself and his father (otherwise god) are one and it was reported during his birth that god is with man.
Now god sent his only begotten son (god) to sacrifice himself to god for the sins of human beings. If this makes sense to you, then you are stúpîd.
Again, the statement in bold is false given that it is not what is written in the book. undecided
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by vdestro: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

I just solved your ignorance in the post directly below you.
Read up and don't be stúpîd.

This is not ignorance just a normal reasonable error of thinking that you were refererring to Abraham's case.

So, to your correction, you err, because, The Lord, Known as Jesus was not sacrificing to Himself but to His Own LORD, KING MOST HIGH.

That is wht, He is called "Lord" but His Father is The Most High, KIng, Who issues all Commands and giveth Authourity to Whom He pleases!
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2023
vdestro:

Bluezy13:

Now god sent his only begotten son (god) to sacrifice himself to god for the sins of human beings.

If this makes sense to you, then you are stúpîd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u4_iWCvZ5c
Asake - Organise

Some of us are wise
Every other person, over wise (mmh)
Ọ lọgbọn ju, o gbọn, o gbọn, o gbọn
Iwọ lo gbọn ju (ọgbọn, sodiki)
Agbọgbọn ju, ogbọn, ama, mọlọ gbọn, gọ
Oti lọgbọn ju

1 Corinthians 1:27
God purposely chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise,
and He chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful.

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 8:26am On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:

1 Corinthians 1:27
God purposely chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise,
and He chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful.

God's ways are mysterious indeed such that a canal man would consider it foolishness.
But isn't God the one considered to have created man? If he created man, therefore he imbedded in man the art of being foolish.

If then man decided to see his ways as being foolish, is man supposed to be blamed or the god himself who put foolishness in man

Perhaps foolishness will cause you to try to defend god by thinking my write-up a foolish one, which will be seen in your reply.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2023
vdestro:

This is not ignorance just a normal reasonable error of thinking that you were refererring to Abraham's case.

So, to your correction, you err, because, The Lord, Known as Jesus was not sacrificing to Himself but to His Own LORD, KING MOST HIGH.

That is wht, He is called "Lord" but His Father is The Most High, KIng, Who issues all Commands and giveth Authourity to Whom He pleases!

If this your own write-up makes sense to you, then your brain is not functioning properly.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, the statement in bold is false given that it is not what is written in the book. undecided

This guy doesn't even read his Bible cheesy

Galatians 4:4-5 New Living Translation (NLT)
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.

John 3:16 KJV: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Romans 5:6-8
"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Also,
Hebrews 9:12-14
"Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Hebrews 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

Stop being ignorant.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
God's ways are mysterious indeed such that a canal man would consider it foolishness.
But isn't God the one considered to have created man? If he created man, therefore he imbedded in man the art of being foolish.

If then man decided to see his ways as being foolish, is man supposed to be blamed or the god himself who put foolishness in man

Perhaps foolishness will cause you to try to defend god by thinking my write-up a foolish one, which will be seen in your reply.
God does not need, no baggy, no one, defending any and all actions of His

Foolish aka folly, is the opposite of wise, aka wisdom

God created man (e.g. Adam and Eve) with adequate ability and capability to process information, in order to, without coercion, be adequate enough to make the right decision(s)

If man decides to fall short of his/her ability, capability, and potential, then its no fault of God, nor has no bearing with Him.

Its foolishness, that makes one make wrong conclusion, ignorantly be making invalid arguments, be making poor judgment, take wrong decisions et cetera

Its you trying to draw the first blood, with your capricious and brutal ' ... If this makes sense to you, then you are stúpîd.' comment

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Bluezy13:
This guy doesn't even read his Bible cheesy
grin

Bluezy13:
Galatians 4:4-5 New Living Translation (NLT)
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.

John 3:16 KJV: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Romans 5:6-8
"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Also,
Hebrews 9:12-14
"Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Hebrews 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

Stop being ignorant.
At least you can see what happened (i.e. classic textbook case of DIY)
I am sure you havent a problem with anything in it

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:

grin

At least you can see what happened (i.e. classic textbook case of DIY)
I am sure you havent a problem with anything in it

My dear, if you've run out of words, rest your itchy fingers.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
God does not need, no baggy, no one, defending any and all actions of His

Foolish aka folly, is the opposite of wise, aka wisdom

God created man (e.g. Adam and Eve) with adequate ability and capability to process information, in order to, without coercion, be adequate enough to make the right decision(s)

If man decides to fall short of his/her ability, capability, and potential, then its no fault of God, nor has no bearing with Him.

Its foolishness, that makes one make wrong conclusion, ignorantly be making invalid arguments, be making poor judgment, take wrong decisions et cetera

Its you trying to draw the first blood, with your capricious and brutal ' ... If this makes sense to you, then you are stúpîd.' comment

I already told you that your next reply would be ladened with f00lishness.
You should have just ignored me instead of displaying it.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by DavSagacity(m): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Its such a pity that alot of Nairalanders dont read. We just rush to the the comment section to comment once they see the Topic.
A pleasing Sacrifice looks at Jesus as the perfect sacrifce for our redemption. He being the son of God pleaded our course before the father by offering himself for the redemption of mankind. He did that not minded our religious believes or affiliation, irrepective of our tribe and color. With the settled, what then should be our response unto God than to live a life that pleases God. To live our daily live in that consciousness that it is unto God. To run away from iniquity and the sins that easily beset us, To follow peace with every man and holiness without which NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD - (Hebrews 12 :14) and ro live a consecrated live that God is pleased with.
In other word, It means to flee away from fornication, Adultery, Masturbation, Lesbianism, same sex marriage and all the acts that seperates and distant us from God.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by DavSagacity(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2023
Is that what you understand about the write up..??

helinues:
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
My dear, if you've run out of words ...
Beloved, wordsmiths dont run out words, it's like water running and gushing out a tap mouth for me.
I am in my element, its our work, soft work, its what we breathe

Bluezy13:
... rest your itchy fingers.
Is it your itchy finger?
Are they your itchy fingers?
Fools always finds things to complain about, whereas wise always finds things to appreciate

Bluezy13:
.I already told you that your next reply would be ladened with f00lishness.
Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a [conceited] man who speaks quickly [offering his opinions or answering without thinking]?
There is more hope for a [thickheaded] fool than for him

Proverbs 1:7
To have knowledge, you must first have reverence for the LORD.
Stupid people have no respect for wisdom and refuse to learn.

As the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, so the denial of God, is the height of foolishness

Foolish men imagine that because judgment for an evil thing is delayed, there is no justice, disregarding that judgment for an evil thing is many times delayed, some, a day or two, some, a century or two, whereas, judgment, is as sure as life is, as sure as death is

Bluezy13:
You should have just ignored me instead of displaying it.
Proverbs 18:2
A [closed-minded] fool does not delight in understanding,
But only in revealing his personal opinions
[unwittingly displaying his self-indulgence and his stupidity].

You mean, I should have ignored you and let you hold on to your treasured stupidity?
Well, as it happens, endurance is patience concentrated, and blessed with truck loads of grace to be entertained by you

I love watching fools madly rush in and about, where angels take caution to tread.

Carry on, making the feasts. I am set ready to eat them. Sometimes one likes foolish people for their folly, better than wise people for their wisdom

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
Beloved, wordsmiths dont run out words, it's like water running and gushing out a tap mouth for me.
I am in my element, its our work, soft work, its what we breathe

Is it your itchy finger?
Are they your itchy fingers?
Fools always finds things to complain about, whereas wise always finds things to appreciate

Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a [conceited] man who speaks quickly [offering his opinions or answering without thinking]?
There is more hope for a [thickheaded] fool than for him

Proverbs 1:7
To have knowledge, you must first have reverence for the LORD.
Stupid people have no respect for wisdom and refuse to learn.

As the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, so the denial of God, is the height of foolishness

Foolish men imagine that because judgment for an evil thing is delayed, there is no justice, disregarding that judgment for an evil thing is many times delayed, some, a day or two, some, a century or two, whereas, judgment, is as sure as life is, as sure as death is

Proverbs 18:2
A [closed-minded] fool does not delight in understanding,
But only in revealing his personal opinions
[unwittingly displaying his self-indulgence and his stupidity].

You mean, I should have ignored you and let you hold on to your treasured stupidity?
Well, as it happens, endurance is patience concentrated, and blessed with truck loads of grace to be entertained by you

I love watching fools madly rush in and about, where angels take caution to tread.

Carry on, making the feasts. I am set ready to eat them. Sometimes one likes foolish people for their folly, better than wise people for their wisdom

Didn't read.
And I'm sure it is nonsensical.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
Didn't read ...
There is no friend as loyal, as a post, you wont read

You arent meant to read anyway, you are expected to read yourself through it

I admit, posts can be dangerous, and best ones, with 'This could change your life.' label, is enough to discourage you from reading them.

Bluezy13:
And I'm sure it is nonsensical.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when grownups are afraid of the light.

You'll never reached beyond the edge of your cherished egoistical thoughts
Have you thought about that?

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
There is no friend as loyal, as a post, you wont read

You arent meant to read anyway, you are expected to read yourself through it

I admit, posts can be dangerous, and best ones, with 'This could change your life.' label, is enough to discourage you from reading them.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when grownups are afraid of the light.

You'll never reached beyond the edge of your cherished egoistical thoughts
Have you thought about that?

Didn't read.
Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
Didn't read.
Drearily predictable. Everyone has a chapter they dont want to read

In my whole life, I have known no wise people who type 'didn't read', none. Zero

Didnt even know, you could read

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by Bluezy13(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
Drearily predictable. Everyone has a chapter they dont want to read

In my whole life, I have known no wise people who type 'didn't read', none. Zero

Didnt even know, you could read

Re: A Pleasing Sacrifice by NNTR: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
Huh?
Huh what?
The world moves on regardless of your posting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For OCTOBER 2023 / Black Woman Thinks Religions Thoughts / Can Praying Substitute For Your Drugs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.